So what is original Dante?

#41AlexxShadenk777Posted 3/2/2013 7:21:16 AM
Seraphion_Omnis posted...
Exactly, if Dante quelled the threat before it even existed there wouldn't have been much of a game there. Antagonism is required.

And smart storytelling isn't? That's your excuse for accepting the immensely stupid plot of DMC4?
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
"DMC1 is the best, DMC4 is the worst. Not changing this signature till DMC1 gets its true sequel." January 17th 2013
#42Ink-RibbonPosted 3/2/2013 7:37:38 AM
PunkMcThrust posted...
DMC3 Dante will always be my vision of him, with DMC1 in second place.They're similar, just with reversed priorities.
DMC3 Dante is cocky first, serious second. DMC1 Dante is serious first, cocky second.

DMC2 Dante is just... there. He barely says anything. MAN he looks cool though.

DMC4 Dante was extremely annoying and I would just skip all his cutscenes. They took a really cool character and then turned him into a gigantic joke, all they do is play him for laughs, but it's clear the writers have no idea how to do comedy so he's a giant unfunny walking punchline. Not to mention his outfit, what the heck is he wearing?

That's what happens when Capcom doesn't have any idea about how to deal with Dante...

DMC 1 was just a good accident. None of the sequels managed to get his character right.
#43AlexxShadenk777Posted 3/2/2013 7:42:51 AM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
DMC 1 was just a good accident. None of the sequels managed to get his character right.

There was no accident, Hideki Kamiya directed it, while the others were directed by Hideaki Itsuno.
---
"DMC1 is the best, DMC4 is the worst. Not changing this signature till DMC1 gets its true sequel." January 17th 2013
#44Ink-RibbonPosted 3/2/2013 7:49:41 AM
AlexxShadenk777 posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...

There was no accident, Hideki Kamiya directed it, while the others were directed by Hideaki Itsuno.

Of course there was. DMC wasn't even called DMC at the first place..It started as a sequel to RE.

It was a good accident that turned into a good game by accident. Every other DMC failed to reproduce the feelings of DMC 1. It's almost like the fact that Capcom was lucky to have DMC 1.
#45AlexxShadenk777Posted 3/2/2013 10:18:40 AM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Of course there was. DMC wasn't even called DMC at the first place..It started as a sequel to RE.
It was a good accident that turned into a good game by accident. Every other DMC failed to reproduce the feelings of DMC 1. It's almost like the fact that Capcom was lucky to have DMC 1.

That's a different story, I thought we were talking about Dante, not the whole game. But I guess you're still right. In a way, Dante was probably born from Leon, except he's not a ƒaget.
---
#46Dark_EpathyPosted 3/3/2013 1:22:21 PM
Leave Leon alone. : (

He just keeps holding out for that Chinese booty.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa