I got a question for those who think DmC2 will happen

#31HyperProtomanXPosted 3/2/2013 12:19:02 AM
It's been a while since I posted here, and I wouldn't like to discuss this game anymore, but I'll play the devil's advocate for a moment.

Demons are released, so DINO's got hunting to do.

VINO's a villain now, so there's more rivalry to be seen.

There might be more older characters to see, since we saw some of them in this game already. Sparda, I mean SINO, is alive in this setting.

Angels could be seen more.

And now I'll take my gloves off and explain why I think all of those are stupid ideas.

Is DINO really 27 and lacking direction in his life? The real Dante opened his shop at the age of 19 so anyone trying to defend this guy's immaturity can keep it quiet. I sure don't want to see any more of DINO here.

VINO is the most in name only of them all. No more of him either for me, this rivalry would be far less interesting in my opinion.

Ninja Theory already took a dump on all of the other characters, so again, enough is enough. Sparda especially I think is better off not looked at too closely, he already had some severe badass decay here.

Why weren't there more angels already? It seems like the only reason they were introduced was to give new powers to DINO, which could have been handled through other plot devices, and discriminating hybrid relationships and their offspring could apply to demon/human relationships as well.

And finally, with these sales? Bombed even harder than I expected, Capcom would just look like Active Enterprises.
---
Not changing this sig before cows fly!
#32ShengaliPosted 3/2/2013 1:29:41 AM
Dante is still running around trying to be a protector. Vergil shows up with his little army of demons. Bunch of levels, multiple fights against Vergil, and other bosses (probably lts or something?) and in the end Dante will have to combine their amulets in order to sift the demons out from the human realm, locking them back where they belong. However, he does this at the cost of his angelic side - effectively loosing his angelic half. However, due to the courage it took to make the sacrifice at all, Kat tells him he may just have some human in him yet.

Fast forward a little (after credits scene?), Dante is trying to open up a shop, figuring that THAT would be the best way to hear about - and thus kill - any remaining demons. The sacrifice has left several noticable changes: Fusing the amulets together caused them to change shape, resembling the classic look; He now considers himself half-demon and half-human, thanks to Kat's kind words; Since his demon half is no longer warring with his angelic half, he is now more stable - and the rebellion, as a manifestation of his soul, changes to reflect this by becoming more demonic in appearance. Cue classic Rebellion; He is such a powerhouse that he becomes slightly more cocky and much more carefree; He looses his angelic abilities, or basically the air dash, and the ophinion whip as well.

In the meantime, Vergil has decided that it isn't enough: He MUST have even more power. He MUST have the power of Sparda!

Start of DMC3. They combine the series, and never have to speak of DmC again, but feel at least semi good in that they followed through with making it a prequel. Also, a hint of deluded logic by thinking it makes classic fans happy by marrying the two storylines. You know, like the X-Men: Days of Future Past movie ;)
#33ramzariotPosted 3/2/2013 1:33:54 AM
They made a days of future past movie?
---
I grow tired of the foolish foolery of foolish fools.
#34HagielPosted 3/2/2013 2:19:19 AM
I think there is a lot they could do:

- He could go looking for his father, since he is not dead but impridioned by Mundud who is now dead so he could go free Sparda.

- He could what to learn more about his mother side and visit the angels and find out, where they are, why they don't interact with the human world like demons and what they're up to at all

- The situation in the real world is now similar to the old DMC so he could open his shop

- the situation with Vergil needs to be resolved.

That's a whole lot to do so they will definitely not run out of story :-)
---
It's so much easier to see the world in black and white. Gray? I don't know what to do with gray.
Garrus Vakarian
#35ShengaliPosted 3/2/2013 11:15:10 AM
ramzariot posted...
They made a days of future past movie?

Making. Summer 2014 release. Bryan Singer (X1 & X2) reuniting the cast from those movies, as well as XM: First Class - which apparently he wrote and produced.
#36Ink-RibbonPosted 3/2/2013 11:22:29 AM
DmC 2 needs a plot that may surprise people.

Vergil is too obvious to be the villain. We all know it's him. We need someone like Arkham or Arius to be focused.

I would vote Arius. One of the most menacing villains ever. I couldn't forget that magnum. His black shield blocking Dantes's bullets and throwing them back to him. What about the jumps and teleports?

I was always scared to see Arius jumping from one side to another, with his unpredictable pattern. I kept trying to focus on the enemy, but I was afraid of these dark and scaring msiras that Arius kept summoning.

These red eyes, savage nature. Arius Argosax was terrific!

Arius for DmC 2 would be interesting.
#37KyryloPosted 3/2/2013 11:44:10 AM
Ink-Ribbon posted...

Vergil is too obvious to be the villain. We all know it's him. We need someone like Arkham or Arius to be focused.

I would vote Arius. One of the most menacing villains ever. I couldn't forget that magnum. His black shield blocking Dantes's bullets and throwing them back to him. What about the jumps and teleports?

I was always scared to see Arius jumping from one side to another, with his unpredictable pattern. I kept trying to focus on the enemy, but I was afraid of these dark and scaring msiras that Arius kept summoning.

Arius? But he's more laughable villain. And his Argosax form is kinda like Tyrant + Solidus.....
#38Ink-RibbonPosted 3/2/2013 11:48:14 AM
Kyrylo posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...

Arius? But he's more laughable villain. And his Argosax form is kinda like Tyrant + Solidus.....

In human form, he's quite funny. In action, he proves to be a worthy opponent. He has the best A.I for a DMC game. When he summons msiras, jomothomsiras and Abyss Goats, all hell breaks loose!

His dark powers scared me at first. That attack where he opens a black hole and teleports Dante direct to the ground, it was scaring. I fell dizzy now.
#39Jack_Ryder_2013Posted 3/2/2013 11:58:35 AM
If you really think capcom would not make a DmC2 weather you like it or not you should look at the history of this company.

Street Fighter makes atleast 10 Versions of its games before they even make a sequal, we would probably be at street fighter 10 by now if they made them like other companies do

And remember capcom also made the considered horrible DMC2 and the Abomonation known as Dino Crisis 3. Also resident evil survivor

So i ask you, what makes you think capcom WONT make a DmC2? i personally cant wait but some of you act like capcom just wouldnt do it.... wich makes me think you havent been playing their games for very long
#40Ink-RibbonPosted 3/2/2013 12:03:19 PM
Jack_Ryder_2013 posted...
If you really think capcom would not make a DmC2 weather you like it or not you should look at the history of this company.

Street Fighter makes atleast 10 Versions of its games before they even make a sequal, we would probably be at street fighter 10 by now if they made them like other companies do

And remember capcom also made the considered horrible DMC2 and the Abomonation known as Dino Crisis 3. Also resident evil survivor

So i ask you, what makes you think capcom WONT make a DmC2? i personally cant wait but some of you act like capcom just wouldnt do it.... wich makes me think you havent been playing their games for very long

I somehow agree with you. It's not because it's Capcom itself, though.

We had 5 Devil May Cry games. 4 of them managed to sell good! Only one of them ( DmC) didn't sell well. However, that's 4 against 1.

We don't know if we'll see a DmC 2, but it's obvious for obvious reasons that the Devil may Cry universe isn't over. For logical and business reasons, it would be absurd and dumb from Capcom, dropping everything just because DmC didn't sell well.

They really must work their PR and marketing a lot better, because that's what killed DmC at sales. Good reviews and critics will avoid DmC's 100% failure. Capcom is well aware of that.