If they didnt change dante or the story do you think the game would still be

#1darker95Posted 3/1/2013 6:12:12 PM
getting all this hate and floppiness
---
Understand that there is no joy. Cry, that there is no eternal punishment! Where there are new fans, there is money. I, myself, cry for you humans!-Nyrathothep
#2Pesmerga255Posted 3/1/2013 6:13:35 PM
Probably. It would've sold half of what it did.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#3caffiend7Posted 3/1/2013 6:14:47 PM
so it would still have pointless platforming and shallow combat?
#4darker95(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 6:15:33 PM
caffiend7 posted...
so it would still have pointless platforming and shallow combat?

yeah
---
Understand that there is no joy. Cry, that there is no eternal punishment! Where there are new fans, there is money. I, myself, cry for you humans!-Nyrathothep
#5ScreamingMidgetPosted 3/1/2013 6:16:26 PM
Considering the gameplay is a bigger problem...yeah, it would have still floppidy flopped.
#6LordKaizerPosted 3/1/2013 8:52:18 PM
darker95 posted...

we'll get another DMC2
---
I'll always sit on my royal chair next to dante's chair forever.
#7darkslayer001Posted 3/1/2013 8:57:46 PM
darker95 posted...

that already happened with DMC2....but it made around 1.5million right?
#8AlxT91Posted 3/2/2013 1:21:35 AM
Not at all.

If you compare the gameplay honestly to DMC 3 and 4, it's smoother and more intuitive than either. The camera is better, the enemies are better, the pacing is better, and it lacks the terrible backtracking of DMC4.

There would be some disappointment in the shift in mechanics, the boss fights would also catch some flack in that they aren't as jawdropping as the previous games... but the fact is that DmC plays like any other* DMC game.

*Any other: DMC 3 and 4, which are the only ones people acknowledge from a gameplay point of view.
---
Desktop w/2gb Radeon HD 7870~ 3.6x8GHz AMD FX-8150 (OCd to 4.5GHz)~ 16gb DDR3 ram @1866~ 23.6 ASUS 1080p Monitor
#9qlaxmicmizzel38Posted 3/2/2013 1:25:43 AM
AlxT91 posted...
Not at all.

If you compare the gameplay honestly to DMC 3 and 4, it's smoother and more intuitive than either. The camera is better, the enemies are better, the pacing is better, and it lacks the terrible backtracking of DMC4.

There would be some disappointment in the shift in mechanics, the boss fights would also catch some flack in that they aren't as jawdropping as the previous games... but the fact is that DmC plays like any other* DMC game.

*Any other: DMC 3 and 4, which are the only ones people acknowledge from a gameplay point of view.

HOLY CRAP someone on this board isn't a liar and/or idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about!
---
"If you look good, you are good."
#10KyryloPosted 3/2/2013 1:56:14 AM
AlxT91 posted...
Not at all.

Tip:what you call "smoother and better" rest of the world calls mindless butonmashing. Gameplay in DmC is mirror copy of combat from Darksiders 2...which wasn't THE best combat up to date.