Why was DMC2 so hated?

#1NeoFalconHavokPosted 3/2/2013 2:13:19 PM
I've only played 1,4, and this pile of garbage. 2 and 3 I haven't touched, but I wanna get a consensus of why DMC2 is still considered the "worst' when this game out does even Skyward Chore in all of it's awfulness.
---
"If this guy has a problem with GameFaqs users that like Nintendo games, he can kiss my ass."
LMFAO
#2NaichingeruPosted 3/2/2013 2:14:54 PM
It's probably not considered the worst by everyone anymore, but it's certainly the worst in the real DMC series. Also, you really should play 3. One of my favourite games of all time.

Also, DMC3SE Vergil > DmC Vergin.
---
GT: Sensei Ponzor.
"The greatest part of mankind floats betwixt vice and virtue."
#3ScreamingMidgetPosted 3/2/2013 2:27:55 PM
Because it was s***.
#4ramzariotPosted 3/2/2013 2:29:22 PM
Boring.
---
I grow tired of the foolish foolery of foolish fools.
#5NeoFalconHavok(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 2:42:17 PM
..........Erm...

So... boring is one factor.
---
"If this guy has a problem with GameFaqs users that like Nintendo games, he can kiss my ass."
LMFAO
#6westparkPosted 3/2/2013 2:43:01 PM
it was terrible in every way. 3 is the way to go, so much fun.
#7rice_noodlesPosted 3/2/2013 2:46:53 PM
What DMC2?
#8TomoEK9Posted 3/2/2013 2:51:19 PM
Dante didn't act like Dante.
Gun selection was poor.
Only 3 swords, all of which were just stat modifiers of each other.
Plotline didn't make too much sense.

DMC2 was my first DMC game and it was a fun game, but as a DMC game it felt....off.
#9Edward_R_MurrowPosted 3/2/2013 3:15:45 PM
-Most of the game punished you heavily for using anything but projectile weapons, especially as Dante, turning the game into some weird third-person-shooter with lock-on and dodging.

-No real moveset upgrades, and the few that exist are not pointed out at all. For instance, the game never tells you how to do Fireworks with the shotgun or how the basic combos change up in Devil Trigger.

-Dante was the most boring character in his own series. Trish and Lucia were both a lot more fun and varied in almost every way. Dante didn't even have special DT attacks in his regular DT form, whereas Trish had Air Raid and Lucia had her goofy lasers and pillars.

-No variety in melee for Dante and Lucia, except for really strange stat modifers where you traded range of melee attacks for damage instead of something interesting or sensible like speed/moveset for damage. At least Trish could put Sparda down and have use some Ifrit-style moves with her bare hands.

-Bad boss design that encouraged projectile spam or were just completely unthreatening. Jokatgulm (the hydra thing) is one of the worst bosses in action gaming. The penultimate boss for Dante is absolutely broken in that you can find plenty of safe spots to hide from his immobile ass and turn him into swiss cheese. Let's not mention much about the invisible fish.

-Even most "good" bosses didn't have enough melee opportunities. Most notable is the final boss as Dante. It is an incredibly aggressive boss with lots of different actions, and could have been one of the better boss fights in the series if only you could actually melee it.
---
dfsdfsddfsdfsddf
#10Pesmerga255Posted 3/2/2013 3:16:37 PM
ramzariot posted...
Boring.

This sums it up perfectly.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!