Why was DMC2 so hated?

#31Leon FanPosted 3/5/2013 8:18:14 AM
Just look at it
---
PSN: rtomblin Fav Ser: Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid
Kingdom Hearts, Devil May Cry, Onimusha, Half Life, God Of War, Dead Space, Dino Crisis
#32RD_21Posted 3/5/2013 8:29:53 AM
Some people probably hate it because it didn't kick their ass enough, which is what some fans are looking for in those games. I am no expert, I am not even trying to beat anything above hard in those games (for now at least, I want to experience them all) and I managed to get the platinum in DMC2.

As for my thoughts on the game itself, it was annoying that you had to fight so many bosses with your guns only, you basically just had to stand there and shoot for so many of them.

Other than that it was cool I guess.
#33NeoFalconHavok(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 9:23:45 AM
OldFrenchDragon posted...
NeoFalconHavok posted...
I've only played 1,4, and this pile of garbage. 2 and 3 I haven't touched, but I wanna get a consensus of why DMC2 is still considered the "worst' when this game out does even Skyward Chore in all of it's awfulness.

I strongly recommend you play DMC 3 .Best of the whole series thus far .

Personally, after DMC4's Dante, I'm turned off from a possibly more obnoxious Dante.
---
"If this guy has a problem with GameFaqs users that like Nintendo games, he can kiss my ass."
LMFAO
#34AlexxShadenk777Posted 3/5/2013 9:26:58 AM
There isn't much to tell beyond the obvious, it's worse than 1 on every fundamental level.

On the other hand, it introduced a bunch of features that were perfected/implemented in DMC3, so it arguably earned its place.
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
"DMC1 is the best, DMC4 is the worst. Not changing this signature till DMC1 gets its true sequel." January 17th 2013
#35OldFrenchDragonPosted 3/6/2013 4:16:01 AM
NeoFalconHavok posted...

Personally, after DMC4's Dante, I'm turned off from a possibly more obnoxious Dante.

??

I find Cody Rhodes Dante from the DmC to be more obnoxious than any previous incarnations .

Play DMC 3 for the overall game ,Boss battles are definetely worth putting up with Dante's "Whoo hoo" antics !
---
Proferer des jurons toutes les 2 secondes ne vous rend pas "cool" ša vous rend juste grossier
#36LenneValkiryePosted 3/10/2013 4:47:14 AM
Edward_R_Murrow posted...
-Most of the game punished you heavily for using anything but projectile weapons, especially as Dante, turning the game into some weird third-person-shooter with lock-on and dodging.

-Bad boss design that encouraged projectile spam or were just completely unthreatening. Jokatgulm (the hydra thing) is one of the worst bosses in action gaming. The penultimate boss for Dante is absolutely broken in that you can find plenty of safe spots to hide from his immobile ass and turn him into swiss cheese. Let's not mention much about the invisible fish.

-Even most "good" bosses didn't have enough melee opportunities. Most notable is the final boss as Dante. It is an incredibly aggressive boss with lots of different actions, and could have been one of the better boss fights in the series if only you could actually melee it.

This is complete BS.
I used melee attacks 99% of the time even at the highest difficulty and never had any problems.
Sounds like a case of "learn to play".

Anyway, DMC2 > DmC, no contest.
#37CrimsonGear80Posted 3/10/2013 5:14:18 AM
because it's a mediocre action game that followed up one of the best action games of all time. you can beat the game just by mashing square because for some stupid reason your guns lift 95% of enemies up into the air where they do jack **** until they die, and even if they did attack you they attack as furiously as the Snuggle Bear. Melee combat is slow and sluggish and there are barely any combos to use. Dante's character was reduced to a bland husk that had no personality and for some reason made major decisions by flipping a coin like Two-Face. The main villain was a lame clown who looked like Hehachi Mishima's distant second cousin that no one wanted to talk to. Lucia was an absolute bore to play as. The game was on two-discs for no apparent reason.

There are many other reasons, but the bottom line is that as a follow up to DMC1, it was one of the biggest disappoints I've ever played.
---
Glad DmC shipped a million copies and was a success. Supporting risk-takers and change is how the industry grows.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif