I just beat this game and I have some questions *spoilers*

#1ZombiePelicanPosted 3/2/2013 1:45:46 PM
Why did Kat's magic firebomb suddenly make the Hunter vulnerable?

Why did she never use anything like that again?

Why did Mundus need an heir when he was an immortal demon god king?

Why did it take so long for Mundus to find Dante when he frequented the same night club as Lilith?

Why did Mundus kill Eva right in front of Dante and then just let him live?

Why did Mundus let Phineas live? He just randomly spares people who knows his secrets?

Why do neither Dante nor Vergil ever try to save their father?

Why does Dante not ask Mundus or Phineas where his father is being held?

Why do they keep focusing on the twin pendants even though they're never even implied to be important?

Where are the angels during all of this? We never see one outside of backstories.

Why is Mundus' demon form human in size and shape but his heir is some huge retard monster?

Why did Vergil need Dante at all when he clearly thought he was stronger than him?

Why did Dante's hair turn white at the end? Is it because he was almost taken over by his demon side? Then why was Vergil's hair white from birth?
---
http://www.imgur.com/8A0v1oG.jpeg
http://www.imgur.com/IvRSYtU.jpeg
#2NeoFalconHavokPosted 3/2/2013 1:55:23 PM
ZombiePelican posted...
Why is Mundus' demon form human in size and shape but his heir is some huge retard monster?

I ask the same question, man.
---
"If this guy has a problem with GameFaqs users that like Nintendo games, he can kiss my ass."
LMFAO
#3RetsuxDPosted 3/2/2013 2:00:30 PM
Eh, I know this is pasta, but you're missing the other 2 parts.
#4dom316Posted 3/2/2013 2:00:52 PM
InB4lolShakespearian

There isn't an answer for any of those. Hence why many dislike the half-assed story.
---
Don't you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby! Don't you put that evil on us! YOU ARE NOT PARALYZED!
R.I.P. Michael Clarke Duncan
#5caffiend7Posted 3/2/2013 2:13:57 PM
Because Ninja Theory sucks major donkey dung when it comes to stories
#6rockman11_zPosted 3/2/2013 2:26:15 PM
Answer: DmC flopped.
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#7NaichingeruPosted 3/2/2013 2:45:36 PM
All of the above. Bad writing.
---
GT: Sensei Ponzor.
"The greatest part of mankind floats betwixt vice and virtue."
#8ReliusCloverPosted 3/2/2013 5:06:42 PM
Because Tameem.

That is why.
---
- Father of the Year Award recipient -
#9SlaveBladePosted 3/2/2013 5:36:18 PM
ZombiePelican posted...
Why did Kat's magic firebomb suddenly make the Hunter vulnerable?

Why did she never use anything like that again?

Why did Mundus need an heir when he was an immortal demon god king?

Why did it take so long for Mundus to find Dante when he frequented the same night club as Lilith?

Why did Mundus kill Eva right in front of Dante and then just let him live?

Why did Mundus let Phineas live? He just randomly spares people who knows his secrets?

Why do neither Dante nor Vergil ever try to save their father?

Why does Dante not ask Mundus or Phineas where his father is being held?

Why do they keep focusing on the twin pendants even though they're never even implied to be important?

Where are the angels during all of this? We never see one outside of backstories.

Why did Vergil need Dante at all when he clearly thought he was stronger than him?

Why did Dante's hair turn white at the end? Is it because he was almost taken over by his demon side? Then why was Vergil's hair white from birth?

1: It exposed a weakspot

2: Because she probably didn't have resources for it

3: He's only immortal when the hellgate is up. Once that was cut off, he pretty clearly died. not to mention, he was exposed as being extremely petty, so he wanted to make a supreme race, as it were... Most likely anyway.

4: That I don't know.

5: see 4

6: Well, as you saw earlier, Mundus is petty and probably thought that being imprisoned in hell is a lot worse than death.

7: Vergil stated there'd be no way to go save Sparda in... I think after mission 2, the opener to 3.

8: It'd be irrelevant to anything going on. Their father is a lost cause at this point, though if a sequel comes about, there could be something to it but I doubt this for multiple reasons.

9: I don't remember any focus on the pendants aside from visuals. It's a keepsake at best in this one.

10: Angels remain neutral in this universe, not interfering. I thought this was stated in the mission 3 opener as well.

11: Genes will do that.

12: He needed someone on his level to be a distraction while Vergil did the behind the scenes work. Vergil didn't wanna be in the public eye, so having Dante there, someone who is well known anyway, would let him do things without getting the attention

13: It turned white since, yes, he was embracing his demonic power. If you're asking why vergil had white hair, um, there are kids with white hair IRL. It doesn't have to signify anything.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#10AlxT91Posted 3/2/2013 6:04:48 PM
Is this a troll topic? Probably. But still, gonna write out (properly) why all of the above actually made sense and worked within the narrative (who's value is certainly up for interpretation)

1) Kat is shown throughout the game to contain her magic spells in pre-prepared bottles, spraycans, and stencils along with having those affect entities in limbo. The bottle is one of those spells.

2) She uses similar methods in the underground resistance part with Dante pulling objects, along with giving him platforms to jump on. Her actual direct activity is culled somewhat by creatures in limbo being able to squash her like a bug.

3) It was made clear that for Mundus it was never about need, love, or care... it was just about ego. Also, an 'heir' would make a great aid and general. Perhaps there are other places to conquer outside the scope of this world?

4) Eva sacrificed herself in such a way it allowed Dante, Vergil, and Sparda to escape. Possibly while Mundus was devouring her heart.

5) Mundus is incredibly arrogant, spiteful, and sadistic. He gets more out of torturing an annoyance for eternity rather than just killing them (See: Sparda)

6) Different priorities, and stopping Mundus is likely required to save Sparda either way. Mundus also happened to be the one currently in the process of stomping them out.

7) In his time with Phineas, Dante made it clear he hated his father. The time with Phineas was also limited with the focus being the mission. There was no time to have a real conversation with Mundus at any point.

8) The twin pendants are implied to be important due to how the children attained them, kept them, and somehow know that this came from somewhere important. Dante also (after remembering his family) realized it was one of the only thing left from the good part of his childhood.

Vergil is Vergil, and has been playing everyone from the start.

9) It's implied heavily (mostly due to the demons absolute control of the world) that the angels were either slaughtered or beaten back to their own world.

10) Mundus' demon form was actually much- much- much- larger than his human form (with the final boss fight being along the lines of his size); but without the Hellgate feeding him power, his life is tied directly to his mortal shape (which is killed). This 'vessel' is much the same as Sparda/Barbas/Eva taking on human forms, Lillith likely as well.

His child, still in developement and having no mind or 'self' is in its natural, still maturing form. It's even in the correct proportion to Mundus' demon form.

11) Vergil may have thought he had been stronger than Dante, but he still saw the usefulness in having another nephilim on his side... and in fact needed Mundus to believe there was only one of Sparda's son. If Vergil had come out, he would have ruined much of his plan.

And let's be honest... if it didn't work out, Vergil would rather having someone else dying instead of him.

12) Dante's hair turned white as he became more and more in tune with his demonic (or perhaps just nephilim based) power, the first sprouts appearing once he could tap into his true potential, and later turning full white when he mastered it to best another. That's why he needed to be in devil trigger to beat Vergil, the only thing that can be a nephilim is another nephilim.

Vergil was white from birth due to a natural affinity with these traits, shown by his ability to break out his father forced amnesia long before Dante; along with having mastered his power and starting with a much colder, dominating bent. Dante took after his mother with more humanity and compassion (Phineas spells it out).
---
Desktop w/2gb Radeon HD 7870~ 3.6x8GHz AMD FX-8150 (OCd to 4.5GHz)~ 16gb DDR3 ram @1866~ 23.6 ASUS 1080p Monitor