If Capcom put me in charge of remaking DMC...

#21AlexxShadenk777Posted 3/3/2013 7:46:44 PM
Qwesar23464 posted...
You know what reminded me of the whole Nero thing recently? Jake. The idea that Wesker would just sleep with a random Eastern European women is very odd to me.

Wait, is that actually explained in RE6? I didn't play or watched the cutscenes at all. I just assumed Jake wasn't literally his son, rather a product of genetic experiments like bodysuit Jill.
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
"DMC1 is the best, DMC4 is the worst. Not changing this signature till DMC1 gets its true sequel." January 17th 2013
#22Rising_shadowPosted 3/3/2013 7:49:45 PM
Wesker was still human when he fathered Jake. Hey, even evil insane bastards can like nooky. Ask every dictator with ten sons.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#23Qwesar23464Posted 3/3/2013 7:51:16 PM
AlexxShadenk777 posted...
Qwesar23464 posted...
You know what reminded me of the whole Nero thing recently? Jake. The idea that Wesker would just sleep with a random Eastern European women is very odd to me.

Wait, is that actually explained in RE6? I didn't play or watched the cutscenes at all. I just assumed Jake wasn't literally his son, rather a product of genetic experiments like bodysuit Jill.

Yeah, Jake talks about his mother and how he thought his father was just some deadbeat instead of a mad scientist with a god-complex.
---
In Crowbar We Trust.
Please, call me B. Wolf
#24Qwesar23464Posted 3/3/2013 7:52:05 PM
Rising_shadow posted...
Wesker was still human when he fathered Jake. Hey, even evil insane bastards can like nooky. Ask every dictator with ten sons.

Yeah, I know, but it's still WEIRD thinking about it. Though I guess it's less weird then thinking about Vergil fathering a child.
---
In Crowbar We Trust.
Please, call me B. Wolf
#25AlexxShadenk777Posted 3/3/2013 7:55:28 PM
...gg.

Though compared to Vergil, I would say it's far more likely Wesker would do that out of the two. Afterall, if it happened before he became inhuman then he wouldn't truly have that god-complex of his. He was just some guy trying to rip-off Umbrella and make a profit in the beginning (IIRC). Then suddenly Tyrant.
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
"DMC1 is the best, DMC4 is the worst. Not changing this signature till DMC1 gets its true sequel." January 17th 2013
#26Rising_shadowPosted 3/3/2013 7:55:40 PM
Wesker was relatively sane before RE1 when you think about it. It makes sense that at one point he wanted to bone a chick.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#27Qwesar23464Posted 3/3/2013 7:57:45 PM
AlexxShadenk777 posted...
...gg.

Though compared to Vergil, I would say it's far more likely Wesker would do that out of the two. Afterall, if it happened before he became inhuman then he wouldn't truly have that god-complex of his. He was just some guy trying to rip-off Umbrella and make a profit in the beginning (IIRC). Then suddenly Tyrant.

Agreed, and you do see some flashes of his old self barely (Still carrying his Samurai Edge after everyone moved on sticks out in my mind.)
---
In Crowbar We Trust.
Please, call me B. Wolf
#28NostalgiaRules(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 8:11:14 PM
Oh, my DMC game would be on disc. No downloading this and downloading that. Just the game on a disc. And Bloody Palace would be included...for free. :P
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#29helldewPosted 3/3/2013 10:00:12 PM
I would try to strike a balance of listening to the fans and still keep with designing a game properly. I would make a game DMC game called, "Devil May Cry: Origins." It would feature Sparda and Eva's story. And then, I would make DMC 3 again, but this time, I would add even more length to the game by adding the chapters from the manga in the game. Also, I would make Vergil's game path different from Dante's game path. While I loved Vergil's game play and mechanics in DMC 3, I was a little disappointed that I was going through the same levels as Dante. I would remake that.

Anyway, that's what I would do.

and your game design sense isnt remotely realistic. making vergils "path" entirely different then dantes path is a huge ass waste of resources time and money.

Key note about game design. Expansive ideas aren't always good ideas. its about taking something realistic/doable under very tight budgets and time constraints and making it the best you can.

Devs generally recycle areas/levels for multiple characters because it adds a lot more length to the game with a relatively minimal amount of work. The key to doing this is to take recycled stuff and make it at least feel different despite not really being all that different..
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#30NostalgiaRules(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 10:24:55 PM
helldew posted...
I would try to strike a balance of listening to the fans and still keep with designing a game properly. I would make a game DMC game called, "Devil May Cry: Origins." It would feature Sparda and Eva's story. And then, I would make DMC 3 again, but this time, I would add even more length to the game by adding the chapters from the manga in the game. Also, I would make Vergil's game path different from Dante's game path. While I loved Vergil's game play and mechanics in DMC 3, I was a little disappointed that I was going through the same levels as Dante. I would remake that.

Anyway, that's what I would do.

and your game design sense isnt remotely realistic. making vergils "path" entirely different then dantes path is a huge ass waste of resources time and money.

Key note about game design. Expansive ideas aren't always good ideas. its about taking something realistic/doable under very tight budgets and time constraints and making it the best you can.

Devs generally recycle areas/levels for multiple characters because it adds a lot more length to the game with a relatively minimal amount of work. The key to doing this is to take recycled stuff and make it at least feel different despite not really being all that different..

I understand. I know that if I were to make a good DMC game, I probably wouldn't be able to do everything that I wanted to do. Besides, reusing paths in DMC 4 is what was done and many people didn't like it all that much. I wouldn't make Vergil's path completely different from Dante's I would probably use a few levels, since they go through those same levels anyway at times.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.