DmC vs. Darksiders 2.

#1sjwho2Posted 3/4/2013 2:50:18 AM
Winners
-----
Combat: Darksiders.

Considering they both have the same combat system melee wise, darksiders gives you an alternative with skills and abilities. DmC however sticks to grapple and switching out weapons for color coded enemies. While darksiders also has a LOCK-ON, it also has a slightly deeper combat system due to its focus on rpg elements. Even though DmC does give you aerial combat, there isn't really a point to it outside of spamming the same couple of moves over and over again as the ai sits there and then grapple/glich your way back up.
-All in all darksiders is just more fun and innovative in its combat and enemies.

Level Design: Darksiders.

Not even a competition: open-world, dungeons/puzzles/loot, actual platforming vs.linear point a to b, platforming if you can call jumping from one platform to in a straight line that, and a horrible unlock/item system. Corruption? oh yeah dmc, darksiders 2 has that as well, done better. Deal with it.

Soundtrack: Darsksiders.

Well....it wasn't really a competition here(again). The OST from DmC is horrible, from "hey you what the F* is wrong with you" to just WuB WuB at random moments. Hell this is bad in dubstep standards, you can imagine what the average person thinks of this, much less the combichrist songs.. For DmC's attempt to go "mainstream" they sure picked one hell of a bad soundtrack choice. Darksiders should win by default, but actually the soundtrack is good on its own, some nice instramentals and a very "epic" feel at times.

Characters: Darksiders.(just barely)

Even from a completely unbiased view, DmC's characters are just bad. Dante is unresponsive, kat is annoying, and vergil(while a decent character) leaves so many plotholes it is just.......amazing. I didn't really much care for the "badass" death tried to be, but at least he got to the point and didn't waste time. There was some minor character dev. but nothing too big or important from the start.

Bosses: Darksiders
-Nuff said. DmC bosses are boring and Darksiders not only do you get cool gear, but they are pretty fun to fight.
----------------------

Overrall Darksiders 2 is a better game in my opinion.
#2ScreamingMidgetPosted 3/4/2013 2:50:57 AM
Yep.
#3KaptainK00lPosted 3/4/2013 2:58:09 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4FireMage7777Posted 3/4/2013 3:00:29 AM
KaptainK00l posted...
You came to the right place to get praise for ANY game when you compare it to DmC. Farming Simulator 2011? No problem.
Just Dance 4? Done.
Hotel Mario? You got it.
In the magical land of the PS3 DmC boards, a steady supply of mongoloids will be here for you, to praise your game of choosing when compared to DmC.

There's a few games DmC is better than...like XIII-2
---
DmC flopped flipped, PM me if you like this sig!!! People who like this sig so far: 15
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#5Gogito4Posted 3/4/2013 3:04:17 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
KaptainK00l posted...
You came to the right place to get praise for ANY game when you compare it to DmC. Farming Simulator 2011? No problem.
Just Dance 4? Done.
Hotel Mario? You got it.
In the magical land of the PS3 DmC boards, a steady supply of mongoloids will be here for you, to praise your game of choosing when compared to DmC.

There's a few games DmC is better than...like XIII

Fixed. XIII-2 was decent. That... "thing" wasn't.
---
Excited for: MHTri U, Fire Emblem Awakening, FFVSXIII (It will come out... eventually. Right?)
Dissidia 012: Main:Terra Subs:Squall,WoL,Cloud and Kain.
#6DarkJaydragonPosted 3/4/2013 3:04:27 AM
Darksiders 2 was a HUGE disappointment for me, I was really looking forward to that game but found it to just be boring.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#7FireMage7777Posted 3/4/2013 3:11:21 AM
Gogito4 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
KaptainK00l posted...
Just Dance 4? Done.
Hotel Mario? You got it.

Keep your bad posts to yourself. XIII-2 was worse than its amazing predecessor in every aspect
---
DmC flopped flipped, PM me if you like this sig!!! People who like this sig so far: 15
#8Gogito4Posted 3/4/2013 3:17:41 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
Gogito4 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
KaptainK00l posted...
Just Dance 4? Done.
Hotel Mario? You got it.

Keep your bad posts to yourself. XIII-2 was worse than its amazing predecessor in every aspect

XIII, amazing? Okay. Next thing I hear, X-2 was the best one evah.
---
Excited for: MHTri U, Fire Emblem Awakening, FFVSXIII (It will come out... eventually. Right?)
#9FireMage7777Posted 3/4/2013 3:21:27 AM
Gogito4 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Gogito4 posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
KaptainK00l posted...
Just Dance 4? Done.
Hotel Mario? You got it.

XIII, amazing? Okay. Next thing I hear, X-2 was the best one evah.

Better than quite a few mainline FF's. I, II, III, IV, VIII, arguably IX and XII
---
#10Gogito4Posted 3/4/2013 5:38:40 AM
Better than quite a few mainline FFs. I, II, III, >>>>IV<<<<, VIII, arguably IX and XII.

You just lost all credibility there. I feel bad for falling into your trolling.

It's ironic really. An anti-DmC defending the DmC of FF. As an anti-DmC, I'm ashamed.
---