I realized the DMC fanbase may be one of the worst fanbases around.

#1Real_JigsawPosted 3/4/2013 11:02:51 AM
Now don't attack me or think I'm a troll or anything this is from what I have observed.

Looking through this board I see that it's filled with a crap ton of people who make fun of people for buying this game, make fun of people who like the game, or in even worse scenarios: Mock people who even know the game exists.

Then there's people who threaten people with harm for liking this game. I know it's not this board in particular but I have seen a LOT of people threatening to kill anyone who bought the game.

Also there's the pre-release death threats to Ninja Theory. I think I remembered some news story of a guy who got arrested for a plot to gun down Ninja Theory employees...though that might of been a troll taking advantage of the situation there.

And there's the White House petition. You know when your fanbase is bad when there are people who are voting to get a game BANNED from the market just because they don't like it. I am glad it got removed.

Then there's the extreme pro's and the extreme anti's around here. The pro's think the game is the best thing since the bible while the anti's think E.T. is a superior game than this one. Both sides are quite violent. Being in the middle ground is quite deadly these days.

There is also the reviews. People who gave it a high score are somehow worse than an a criminal and people who rate it low are somehow Saints.

I am trying not to make fun of either side of the fanbase here but I am pointing out how it may be one of the worst fanbases around.

Am I the only one thinks of it that way?
#2RetsuxDPosted 3/4/2013 11:05:40 AM
What death threats?

Seriously I always ask this one but I get no source.
All I remember was some song about Donte being a bad character and that his game was gonna be just as bad that someone, somehow, took it as a death threat.
#3KaptainK00lPosted 3/4/2013 11:06:06 AM
I agree TC, and both extremes are pretty funny at times.
---
GT: iKaptain K00Li
''Be silent. Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm.''
#4sworderPosted 3/4/2013 11:10:29 AM
Real_Jigsaw posted...
Then there's people who threaten people with harm for liking this game. I know it's not this board in particular but I have seen a LOT of people threatening to kill anyone who bought the game.

Never seen them

Real_Jigsaw posted...
Also there's the pre-release death threats to Ninja Theory. I think I remembered some news story of a guy who got arrested for a plot to gun down Ninja Theory employees...though that might of been a troll taking advantage of the situation there.

Never seen these either

Real_Jigsaw posted...
And there's the White House petition. You know when your fanbase is bad when there are people who are voting to get a game BANNED from the market just because they don't like it. I am glad it got removed.

Clearly a joke, you lack a sense of humor
#5Dark_EpathyPosted 3/4/2013 11:14:20 AM
Not pointing fingers, but I see that thrown around a lot. All of the "death threats" or other remarks are just "jokes." : \

Anyway, it's not really the entire fanbase that acts like that. Some of the people instigating things are just looking for attention. They're classic "trolls" just trying to get a rise out of people. Oftentimes, it works because the issue is so charged.

Personally, I've been vilified for liking the game and defending it. There's something funny and sad about that. It is what it is. Cooler heads do not necessarily prevail. At least not until the hotter heads have wiped each other out.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#6sfvfkofPosted 3/4/2013 11:15:28 AM
Sadly, while there is no excuse for a lot of the behavior, you have to also take into account the treatment a lot of the older fans received.

While Capcom and NT slightly insulted the fanbase... no one seems to have put gaming sites on the spot for some of there truly insulting remarks to those against the game from the beginning.

So it ended up feeling like those against the game were constantly defending themselves from Capcom, NT, IGN/Gamespot, and casual dmc/hack n slash fans. So you can probably guess how some people would react to that.
#7DuuuDe14Posted 3/4/2013 11:24:08 AM
NT is not the only company to recieve "death threats" over a game.

*sits on Dante's chair*
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#8KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 3/4/2013 11:27:10 AM
DuuuDe14 posted...
NT is not the only company to recieve "death threats" over a game.

*sits on Dante's chair*

There's two kind of death threats when you're in an industry:

1. A serious death threat, one that makes you fear for your life.

2. A false death threat, usually some person on the internet blowing smoke.

NT received number 2. How do I know this? Because they ran with them to the media. When someone threatens your life, you don't go running around showing to everyone... unless you can use it for sympathy.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#9produnerPosted 3/4/2013 11:37:33 AM(edited)
The DMC fanbase had its moment during DMC2,3 and 4, in which they've hated lot of things and they were truly a bad fanbase that complains about trivial things ; leather bra, "wohoho" , backtracking, not atmospheric enough, drunk character, why another character...etc. Most of their complains were voiced in a really hateful way , and some of the fans would label the game as being bad and not DMC worthy because of such complaints , instead of pointing them out to be changed or fixed.

Now the fanbase has every right to complain about this unnecessary reboot. Now they would rather deal with drunk characters instead of a complete dumped down game with no soul or identity.
#10HecateXPosted 3/4/2013 11:35:50 AM
Real_Jigsaw posted...
stupid garbage

LMAO