Vergil's Downfall is the best DLC I've played.

#41TheSL1ClubPosted 3/5/2013 10:36:00 PM
DifferentialEquation posted...
cyanide_suicide posted...

This game got an 82/100 score on Metacritic, yet you definitely never saw it in any serious contention for GOTY. The fact that this universally reviled game (moreso than even DmC) got this high of a score should tell you all you need to know about the credibility of gaming journalists.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/dragon-age-ii

Well, I haven't played either of the Dragon Age games. So I don't know if they're actually bad or not.

But you believe in meta scores, which will lead you to believe DA2 is good, don't turn yourself around now, you made your point.
#42DifferentialEquation(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 11:31:13 PM
TheSL1Club posted...

This game got an 82/100 score on Metacritic, yet you definitely never saw it in any serious contention for GOTY. The fact that this universally reviled game (moreso than even DmC) got this high of a score should tell you all you need to know about the credibility of gaming journalists.

Well, I haven't played either of the Dragon Age games. So I don't know if they're actually bad or not.

But you believe in meta scores, which will lead you to believe DA2 is good, don't turn yourself around now, you made your point.

What I meant was that I'm not familiar with any complaints about the game. I don't know anything about Dragon Age situation.

But in my experience, the reviews are usually a good general indicator of fun, so I would expect DA2 to be at least a solid game.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#43SiLVeR_420Posted 3/5/2013 11:53:53 PM
TheSL1Club posted...

What I meant was that I'm not familiar with any complaints about the game. I don't know anything about Dragon Age situation.

But in my experience, the reviews are usually a good general indicator of fun, so I would expect DA2 to be at least a solid game.

Maybe now with patches but when if first came out DA2 was not a solid game.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#44FireMage7777Posted 3/6/2013 12:24:04 AM
TheSL1Club posted...
Dark_Epathy posted...
I don't understand why you guys come in here to try and shoot the guy down. He's just expressing his thoughts. You can't prevent him from getting the game since he already has it.

Some people could say the new Duke Nukem game is the best reboot ever made, you can say it's subjective and it's individual's opinion, but don't tell me there is nothing wrong in that statement to the ears of other long time gamers. Same thing can be said in this regard.

Except for DmC has an 86/100 from critics on metacritic. So it's really not that unreasonable.

I LOL'd at universally reviled...

Anyway, TC obviously avoids good DLC if he thinks VD is good
---
DmC flopped flipped, PM me if you like this sig!!! People who like this sig so far: 16
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#45UbberDevilPosted 3/6/2013 12:38:28 AM
While I fully suspect that I'm going to enjoy this DLC, I would have to say that Asura's Wrath's "Finale" DLC would be my favorite. Actually, thinking about, those are probably the only 2 games I own that released a DLC that was a new mode or add-on to the story.
---
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2
#46SiLVeR_420Posted 3/6/2013 12:42:57 AM
UbberDevil posted...
While I fully suspect that I'm going to enjoy this DLC, I would have to say that Asura's Wrath's "Finale" DLC would be my favorite. Actually, thinking about, those are probably the only 2 games I own that released a DLC that was a new mode or add-on to the story.

You must not buy much DLC...
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#47KaptainK00lPosted 3/6/2013 12:43:29 AM
FireMage7777 posted...
TheSL1Club posted...
Dark_Epathy posted...
I don't understand why you guys come in here to try and shoot the guy down. He's just expressing his thoughts. You can't prevent him from getting the game since he already has it.

Some people could say the new Duke Nukem game is the best reboot ever made, you can say it's subjective and it's individual's opinion, but don't tell me there is nothing wrong in that statement to the ears of other long time gamers. Same thing can be said in this regard.

Except for DmC has an 86/100 from critics on metacritic. So it's really not that unreasonable.

There he is.
---
GT: iKaptain K00Li
''Be silent. Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm.''
#48FireMage7777Posted 3/6/2013 12:44:08 AM
May I help you?
---
DmC flopped flipped, PM me if you like this sig!!! People who like this sig so far: 16
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#49UbberDevilPosted 3/6/2013 1:03:19 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
UbberDevil posted...

You must not buy much DLC...

Actually it may be because most of the games I buy are a tad niche. I don't own any FPS's or many other Western games (in fact the only shooter I own on 360 is Vanquish). I enjoy playing H&S or brawlers and 2-d fighting games more. Those don't usually get big DLC or DLC at all apart from extra characters or...colors.
---
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2
#50DifferentialEquation(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 5:30:39 AM
FireMage7777 posted...

What would you consider good DLC? The only other DLC that I would say was as good as this was the Undead Nightmare for RDR.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.