Tomb Raider beats DmC

#11Althebloodedge(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 9:30:46 PM
PunkMcThrust posted...
Only Tomb Raider FROM THE VERY GROUND UP is a reboot specifically designed to be the most bottom of the barrel lowest-common-denominator casual-baiting garbage possible. It's a generic ripoff of Uncharted, and already awful series.

Of course the big cover based shooter useless "RPG" elements "Open World" cinematic QTEfest that's barely a video game is going to sell more. It's like saying a Bayformers movie did better than some unknown French art house film.
Tomb Raider is a dumb game made for dumb people who enjoy dumb games. It's generic demographic-focused shlock.

I never thought I would actually be defending DmC but DmC at least TRIED something not overdone with the shifting environments and They Live ripoff-ness. It felt much less hollow than TR does.

Trying to hard, sir.
---
Official Waffle Ryebread of the PSASBR Board.
#12devak108Posted 3/5/2013 9:31:53 PM
From everything I've seen Tomb Raider looks sick. Gonna get it soon for sure, just too busy enjoying MGR right now.
---
"You're entering a world of pain, son, we know this is your homework!"
#13PunkMcThrustPosted 3/5/2013 9:35:17 PM
I'm serious. Uncharted is an awful lowest-common denominator casual game and Tomb Raider is a very obvious ripoff of that.

They're both awful games made for people who shouldn't be playing games in the first place.
#14Althebloodedge(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 9:40:50 PM
PunkMcThrust posted...
I'm serious. Uncharted is an awful lowest-common denominator casual game and Tomb Raider is a very obvious ripoff of that.

They're both awful games made for people who shouldn't be playing games in the first place.

Use your brain, Uncharted came after Tomb Raider since it's debut in the 90's and what the reboot of Tomb Raider is doing is different such as upgrading your weapons and your skills which doesn't qualify it to be a rip-off of uncharted. seriously either accept this fact or get off the topic please.
---
#15OblivionSeptimPosted 3/5/2013 10:00:18 PM
Eh. I hated Uncharted and while I enjoyed some of the Tomb Raider games it really just isn't for me. Also, I never expected DmC to be mature or dark. It was goofy, not as much as the original series but still a little out there. I think the goal was to make it more movie-esqu? Like if the made a dmc movie this is what I feel it would turn into
#16KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 3/5/2013 10:01:50 PM
OblivionSeptim posted...
Eh. I hated Uncharted and while I enjoyed some of the Tomb Raider games it really just isn't for me. Also, I never expected DmC to be mature or dark. It was goofy, not as much as the original series but still a little out there. I think the goal was to make it more movie-esqu? Like if the made a dmc movie this is what I feel it would turn into

The goal was to create a mature and gritty story that would treat you like an adult and would break the myth that video game stories are trite. It did none of these things.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#17USFPosted 3/6/2013 12:24:15 AM(edited)
PunkMcThrust posted...
Only Tomb Raider FROM THE VERY GROUND UP is a reboot specifically designed to be the most bottom of the barrel lowest-common-denominator casual-baiting garbage possible. It's a generic ripoff of Uncharted, and already awful series.

Of course the big cover based shooter useless "RPG" elements "Open World" cinematic QTEfest that's barely a video game is going to sell more. It's like saying a Bayformers movie did better than some unknown French art house film.
Tomb Raider is a dumb game made for dumb people who enjoy dumb games. It's generic demographic-focused shlock.

I never thought I would actually be defending DmC but DmC at least TRIED something not overdone with the shifting environments and They Live ripoff-ness. It felt much less hollow than TR does.

notsureifserious.jpg

DmC failed pretty much everything it tried to accomplish and was an awful game in every aspect. Tomb Raider did plenty of things right, and is a fantastic game so far. Unlike DmC, it didn't make me want to stab myself in the eyes and ears with a pen.
---
Because the door was open. Blue skies.
Currently Playing: Tomb Raider, LoL, SCII: HoTS.
#18Althebloodedge(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 12:04:13 AM
USF posted...
PunkMcThrust posted...

notsureifserious.jpg

DmC failed pretty much everything it tried to accomplish and was an awful game in every aspect. Tomb Raider did plenty of things right, and is a fantastic game so far. Unlike DmC, it didn't want to make me stab myself in the eyes and ears with a pen.

We stand corrected and that TR is a reboot that proved to be awesome.
---
#19USFPosted 3/6/2013 12:27:25 AM
^ **** yeah man, TR is awesome. Already have 11 hours into it and having a hard time putting the game down. I just finished playing, it's past 2am here and I have work tomorrow. No regrets. Used to be a huge Tomb Raider fan before it went to **** (funny enough like DMC), and it's great seeing Lara back in this fashion.
---
Because the door was open. Blue skies.
Currently Playing: Tomb Raider, LoL, SCII: HoTS.
#20akira_hisyamPosted 3/6/2013 1:44:12 AM
lol,people complaint qte in tomb raider?im bet they never play a game such as asura wrath which 99percent of that game are qte
---
i wont let the last heaven honor die with it champion-war