if the rest of the game was like Vergil Downfall..

#51FireMage7777Posted 3/7/2013 10:48:55 AM
SlaveBlade posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
You don't act emotions though...if you as an actor decide I will be sad, you're a bad actor. Then again, what do I know about acting, its not like its my lifes work

Yes, you do act emotions.

I'm again concerned you don't know what acting is...

No, you act intentions. Lines do not have emotions, they have INTENTIONS
---
DmC flopped flipped, PM me if you like this sig!!! People who like this sig so far: 18
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#52coolguy2007Posted 3/7/2013 12:08:56 PM
GAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOO
The voice acting was horrible and i actually like DmC. If you cant accept that as a fact, then you are clearly delusional. End of story. David hayter did a better job at mgs1 than this game.
#53kreedersPosted 3/7/2013 12:58:22 PM
vergil cant jump to save his arse, also it is no wonder dante was able to whoop him so bad, vergil is terrible
#54eco masterPosted 3/7/2013 1:11:45 PM
SHMYazoo posted...
Tell me about how DMC3SE Vergil was "More complex" than this one, please.

Also, tell me about how different the DLC was to you, to make you feel it's such a "JUMP in quality" from the main game.

I just thought it was flat out more difficult, which would have been a nice change to the main game. I thought the DLC was a glimpse at what DmC could have been - if they do go forward with a sequel, I'd hope they learn from their mistakes and build on the core game. It's good, but it feels so held back.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#55DaAzureGrimoirePosted 3/7/2013 1:14:15 PM
.....this thread.....the aneurisms.....
---
Formely: Hellfire-Bahamu
#56SHMYazooPosted 3/7/2013 3:19:36 PM
kreeders posted...
vergil cant jump to save his arse, also it is no wonder dante was able to whoop him so bad, vergil is terrible

If you tap L1 after jumping it acts just like a double jump.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#57SHMYazooPosted 3/7/2013 3:22:43 PM
eco master posted...
SHMYazoo posted...
Tell me about how DMC3SE Vergil was "More complex" than this one, please.

Also, tell me about how different the DLC was to you, to make you feel it's such a "JUMP in quality" from the main game.

I just thought it was flat out more difficult, which would have been a nice change to the main game. I thought the DLC was a glimpse at what DmC could have been - if they do go forward with a sequel, I'd hope they learn from their mistakes and build on the core game. It's good, but it feels so held back.

I didn't find it difficult to be honest (not saying you were wrong, just my opinion) it was only strange having to learn to deal with two new types of enemies at first.
---
Aion is just like all other WoW clones, I mean, the Mage in Aion has a Fireball spell and can make Portals. WoW ANYONE??? - Aion Boards
#58SHMYazooPosted 3/7/2013 3:24:36 PM
stevenbob posted...
it just shows capcom can take a terrible engine and make a decent dlc (nt did not design vergils gameplay it was capcom)

Actually that's just some new fad being spread around, it wasn't just Capcom, it actually was 2/3 Ninja Theory and 1/3 japanese Capcom. Look it up, even the brother of Tameem ("BROTHER!") was involved in this DLC.
---
#59RayconPosted 3/7/2013 3:33:17 PM
NaturalEvil1 posted...
The voice-acting in this game just simply isn't that good. It doesn't make you feel anything for these characters or the situation they're in, it just makes you want to laugh at them for how pitiful and unconvincing they sound.

I have to agree. It's almost like they tried to keep them emotionally distant from the player with flat performances, which kind of directly contrasts the claim they were trying to make the characters more relateable... Well, whatever.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#60AfroPrimePosted 3/7/2013 4:38:04 PM(edited)
SlaveBlade, the voice acting honestly was pretty bad in that scene in Thrust's link. I think it's you who doesn't understand that simply yelling isn't enough.
It just isn't convincing. Good acting makes the intent of the speech show, and has the audience connecting on that same emotion.
If the actor isn't putting himself in the role, then it will never be believable because he doesn't believe it himself.

Acting isn't simply pretending.

On an unrelated note, that was a pathetic boss fight if I've ever seen one...
---
LP LP -> LK HP