maybe capcom should have went to crystal dynamics instead of ninja theory

#51FireMage7777Posted 3/8/2013 10:43:51 AM
syctheweilder posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
They didn't release a demo for story purposes.

I'm sorry but this is a horrid excuse for not releasing a demo. Who plays an action game for the story?

I really would like to try it out before I drop 60 dollars on it, and hopefully set myself at ease after seeing so many scripted sequences in the trailers.

Me
---
DmC flopped flipped, PM me if you like this sig!!! People who like this sig so far: 19
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#52DeanyzyPosted 3/8/2013 10:47:58 AM
TR deserves the success, it's a truly excellent game.
#53AlexPumaPosted 3/8/2013 2:42:22 PM
The main difference between the DmC and Tomb Raider reboots is this:

Tomb Raider, while a huge western series with one of the most iconic video game characters ever, was starting to stagnate pretty bad to the point its copycat, Uncharted, was getting the accolades the series used to get. Plus the Lara Croft of old reeked of an artifact from the 5th gen.

Devil May Cry, on the other hand, was on the verge of becoming a mainstream series, with its latest entry selling the most copies in franchise history. The game wasn't as great as the previous entry, but fans eagerly anticipated its sequel. Dante proved to still be a very popular character, and was a favorite of many in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Then Capcom decided that NOW is the time for a reboot when the franchise reached it peak and change the character into someone different. Not when the franchise started to notably go downhill or when Dante's popularity started to slip like what happened with Tomb Raider.

Notice the difference?
---
http://www.gaming-unleashed.com/
"Oh I can handle any load that comes my way....." - Savott
#54TheCyborgNinjaPosted 3/8/2013 6:16:35 PM(edited)
tehdud posted...
thats right, bigger name, much more iconic character, yet the reboot was met with positive reaction. unlike this poorly done reboot.

Right from the get-go, everyone thought the new TR reboot looked good. Nobody was pissed off about it. The hype can build better from that than "we hate everything about this." Capcom is clearly out of touch with reality these days. I think between DmC and RE6, they'll be pulled back down to earth.

---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#55ScreamingMidgetPosted 3/8/2013 6:16:18 PM
AlexPuma posted...

Tomb Raider, while a huge western series with one of the most iconic video game characters ever, was starting to stagnate pretty bad to the point its copycat, Uncharted, was getting the accolades the series used to get. Plus the Lara Croft of old reeked of an artifact from the 5th gen.

Devil May Cry, on the other hand, was on the verge of becoming a mainstream series, with its latest entry selling the most copies in franchise history. The game wasn't as great as the previous entry, but fans eagerly anticipated its sequel. Dante proved to still be a very popular character, and was a favorite of many in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Then Capcom decided that NOW is the time for a reboot when the franchise reached it peak and change the character into someone different. Not when the franchise started to notably go downhill or when Dante's popularity started to slip like what happened with Tomb Raider.

Notice the difference?

People just don't like Donte's hair
#56SparNar607Posted 3/8/2013 6:20:30 PM
ScreamingMidget posted...
AlexPuma posted...

Notice the difference?

People just don't like Donte's hair

.........Not even a nibble......
---
"On and On the road does go, down into the depths below"
"Off you went to call the King, you wish to hear the Devil sing."
#57dom316Posted 3/8/2013 10:54:54 PM
AlexPuma posted...

Notice the difference?

DEAR GOD THIS!!!!!

Tomb Raider suffers just like DmC when it comes to gameplay. TR doesn't play exactly like it's predecessors either. Heck the actual tombs in TR are the equivalent of a single puzzle room in LoZ. The tombs in Assassin's Creed were more challenging. The thing is that it managed to do more in the other departments so that many long time fans can overlook this.
---
Don't you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby! Don't you put that evil on us! YOU ARE NOT PARALYZED!
R.I.P. Michael Clarke Duncan
#58360pagesPosted 3/8/2013 11:01:55 PM
PunkMcThrust posted...
You realize that the Tomb Raider reboot is a ripoff of Uncharted, which is one of the lowest common denominator casual 'cinematic' games?

Of course it sold well.

T-The irony! It's too much aGFSDGAGAG
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)