DLC confirms sequel! DmC2 already in works!!!

#111SparNar607Posted 3/8/2013 4:49:31 PM
MyAura717 posted...
Considering That this is a remake of a game that has 2 sequels, why wouldn't it have 2 sequels?

Reboot and remake are not the same thing for starters. On top of that, is it profitable to make more DmCs?
---
"On and On the road does go, down into the depths below"
"Off you went to call the King, you wish to hear the Devil sing."
#112MyAura717Posted 3/8/2013 5:00:04 PM
It is along the same lines. By Definition it is a "A movie or piece of music that has been filmed or recorded again and rereleased."

Yeah maybe when you remake an album you add an extra song, but it's still the same.
---
Convert To Buddenism now
#113TheCyborgNinjaPosted 3/8/2013 5:04:50 PM
Alastor6 posted...
eco master posted...
Alastor6 posted...
Does anyone know if Capcom formed a contract with NT about multiple games, or was this a one off?

I'm not sure anyone knows for sure. Judging by the open ending in both the core game and then the DLC, I'd say NT was simply too confident and assumed they'd get a green light to continue. For now, that would probably be the safest assumption.

Don't forget that they were working under the expectation of selling 5 million units, yet they've barely reached 0.6 million sold. The safest assumption is that no one will be making a Devil May Cry for quite some time.

The biggest problem with overhauling a series is you run the risk of alienating the original fans while still being incapable of luring in the new ones you hope to attract. I think Capcom should have been more forceful with regards to how Dante, Vergil, and Mundus were portrayed. That could have saved a lot of face. On some level, I applaud them for sticking to their guns, but it clearly backfired here.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#114Seifer 87Posted 3/8/2013 5:25:32 PM
MyAura717 posted...
Considering That this is a remake of a game that has 2 sequels, why wouldn't it have 2 sequels?

Because the original DMC didn't sell as badly as this piece of crap, this game hasn't even matched DMC3 sales, it is a failure on every level.
---
"Intelligence is not a pre-requisite for existence"
"Everybody lies"
#115HellsControllerPosted 3/8/2013 6:03:38 PM
So there's a demand now for this flop of a game, but there wasn't a demand for DMC 4 despite it selling like 4 times as many copies. Am I missing something here?
Wouldn't it be better to make DMC5 and not have to fight an uphil battle against the fans(you know, again) than to make DmC2 and hope people will buy it by saying "we fixed the mistakes from te last game! Promise."
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
#116BlackSheepWalls(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 2:50:14 AM
LOL is that board active. Shows there is still much interest in the game. As I said, the next DmC will be made alot faster!
#117DrunkBeardGuyPosted 3/9/2013 3:03:15 AM
You know, as stupid as Capcom is, they're not this stupid. The game isn't getting a sequel. This was their chance to "revive" the franchise because people were disappointed with DMC4, but it backfired horribly. They wanted to try something different and it's obvious people don't want that, the ten of you who like the game will just have to suck it up.

Hopefully we'll see the real DMC come back in a few years, and this pile of **** will be forgotten.
---
May the odds be ever in your favor
http://i.imgur.com/C41sDRQ.gif
#118beoulve010Posted 3/9/2013 3:31:46 AM
^HA HA HA , none of capcom's own teams want to have anything to do with that monster of frankenstein that the old series is and you actually believe there will be an in-house developed DMC5.

Guess again.
---
---guns are for show , knives for the pro---
#119BlackSheepWalls(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 3:39:54 AM
beoulve010 posted...
^HA HA HA , none of capcom's own teams want to have anything to do with that monster of frankenstein that the old series is and you actually believe there will be an in-house developed DMC5.

Guess again.

DMC5 is not in works and if it is it will be as bad as DMC4 was. Capcom doesn't have the people to make good actiongames look at RE6.
#120SilentS89Posted 3/9/2013 6:59:42 AM
SlaveBlade posted...
You know, plenty of other games are left wide open for sequels and don't get em.

When SlaveBlade questions your pro statement, it is a lost cause.