DLC confirms sequel! DmC2 already in works!!!

#71eco masterPosted 3/8/2013 2:07:08 PM
RetsuxD posted...
>eco master posted...
If anything, now there's actually visible demand for a new Devil May Cry game.

wat

As in, there was quite clearly an uproar when DmC was announced. Previously, it was just murmuring about wanting another game, which holds for damn near every game that people played and wanted more out of. People always want more of something, but that doesn't mean it's going to sell enough to warrant making more of it. Judging by the amount of people who complained about this game, there is now clearly many people who want a better game. That can be made.
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#72MoreFunThanTVPosted 3/8/2013 2:07:35 PM
eco master posted...
MoreFunThanTV posted...
Basically what I mean is the only way a sequel to this game will work is if they do some hardcore level kickass marketing so people actually care enough to look into it and fix way more than just the "mechanics and difficulty".

I guess I just have more faith in people. Yeah, I can see why some choose to dislike this particular game, but those reasons can be fixed. I find it hard to believe the majority of people would automatically turn down a good game just because of the existence of another game that wasn't to their liking. Aside from a subset of users on this board, that is, but I am talking about people who enjoy playing video games.

Think about how many great games come out each year but don't sell well.
Now what do you think are the chances of a great sequel to a game in a niche market already carrying negative stigma selling well?

I mean it's possible yeah especially with some epic marketing but the game would have to be like god tier level good to even get respected at all by those that hated this game.

It's not a matter of "people who enjoy playing video games" but a matter of "I have so much crap to play already that I'm sure I'll like why should I even waste my time looking into this new DmC2 at all when I hated the first?"

Not saying there won't be those that give it a fair shake just that in the already niche HnS market the people not willing to even look in it's direction would be enough people for it to bomb.
#73SparNar607Posted 3/8/2013 2:07:43 PM
eco master posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Yes the initial reaction was purely because people play DMC JUST for gameplay. What was I thinking?

I'm honestly not sure. That's why people don't like this game right now, so fixing that should make it significantly more appealing.

People don't like DmC in general from the gameplay to the characters and story. If CC were to fix the problems of DmC then you'd have another reboot.
---
"On and On the road does go, down into the depths below"
"Off you went to call the King, you wish to hear the Devil sing."
#74eco masterPosted 3/8/2013 2:07:47 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
That must've been painful.

It isn't. Like I said, I enjoy the game. It's very easy to pick up during down time. What would be painful in playing a game one enjoys?
---
#75UtaNapishtiPosted 3/8/2013 2:07:57 PM
eco master posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Way too many mistakes, plus characters are still bastardized and that can't be fixed. Look, a sequel isn't happening. It's the truth, get over it

People play Devil May Cry for the gameplay. People don't like DmC for the gameplay. Am I right?

MoreFunThanTV posted...
Basically what I mean is the only way a sequel to this game will work is if they do some hardcore level kickass marketing so people actually care enough to look into it and fix way more than just the "mechanics and difficulty".

I guess I just have more faith in people. Yeah, I can see why some choose to dislike this particular game, but those reasons can be fixed. I find it hard to believe the majority of people would automatically turn down a good game just because of the existence of another game that wasn't to their liking. Aside from a subset of users on this board, that is, but I am talking about people who enjoy playing video games.

You're missing a very key point. Capcom and NT don't admit to the mistakes, and the reviews don't help. According to the professional reviews, the game has very few flaws, with some giving it perfect scores.

The game sold WAY less than expected despite all the hype from the press and marketing saying it was so amazing. Many people liked it, and would buy another entry, but many people didn't like it and wouldn't buy a sequel, virtually guaranteeing that another entry would sell even less.

Would a sequel be technically profitable? Perhaps all things considered, weighing the production costs vs price sold for, yes, but likely only marginally so. Why make less profit than more?

This game was an experiment and it failed. Time to toss it in the trash with the rest of the failures and get over it.
#76FireMage7777Posted 3/8/2013 2:09:04 PM
eco master posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
Yes the initial reaction was purely because people play DMC JUST for gameplay. What was I thinking?

I'm honestly not sure. That's why people don't like this game right now, so fixing that should make it significantly more appealing.

You missed the sarcasm...
---
DmC flopped flipped, PM me if you like this sig!!! People who like this sig so far: 19
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#77eco masterPosted 3/8/2013 2:09:16 PM
SparNar607 posted...
People don't like DmC in general from the gameplay to the characters and story. If CC were to fix the problems of DmC then you'd have another reboot.

People wouldn't play the game just because people say different things in it? I'm sorry, I thought people played action games for the action. The plot stuff is skippable. The action - the core of the game - isn't. I can't be the only one who skipped almost every cutscene after the first time through in the earlier DMC games because I thought they were awful. That didn't stop me from enjoying the games immensely, and it shouldn't stop anyone else, either.
---
#78eco masterPosted 3/8/2013 2:09:32 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
You missed the sarcasm...

You should have been more specific and straight to the point.
---
#79eco masterPosted 3/8/2013 2:10:52 PM
UtaNapishti posted...
This game was an experiment and it failed. Time to toss it in the trash with the rest of the failures and get over it.

Perhaps, but I just got the impression that the dev team was actually quite passionate about making the game. If that passion is actually there, they could very well attempt to find a way to make it happen. Nothing is guaranteed either way.
---
#80RetsuxDPosted 3/8/2013 2:11:48 PM
eco master posted...
RetsuxD posted...
>eco master posted...
If anything, now there's actually visible demand for a new Devil May Cry game.

wat

As in, there was quite clearly an uproar when DmC was announced. Previously, it was just murmuring about wanting another game, which holds for damn near every game that people played and wanted more out of. People always want more of something, but that doesn't mean it's going to sell enough to warrant making more of it. Judging by the amount of people who complained about this game, there is now clearly many people who want a better game. That can be made.

And half those people would rather have that better game be part of the old timeline.

If anything, DMC4's sales say that most peopl were just fine with the direction the series was going, it is one of Cashcom's top 20 most sold games after all, so, no, there has been a demand for more DMC ever since DMC3 was released, just not vocal enough.