DLC confirms sequel! DmC2 already in works!!!

#81FireMage7777Posted 3/8/2013 3:12:35 PM
Alastor6 posted...
QCTeamkill posted...
Gogito4 posted...
Yeah sure, let's just count the amount of games that left sequel bait and got canceled, shall we?

DMC4

Hmm.. Well received games, great fanbase, unresolved ending..
Vanquish, Metroid Prime series..

Even well established series, with clear intentions for a sequel never got one, i.e Halo Wars, Prince Of Persia (2008)

Viewtiful Joe...
---
DmC flopped flipped, PM me if you like this sig!!! People who like this sig so far: 19
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#82UtaNapishtiPosted 3/8/2013 3:13:16 PM
eco master posted...
UtaNapishti posted...
This game was an experiment and it failed. Time to toss it in the trash with the rest of the failures and get over it.

Perhaps, but I just got the impression that the dev team was actually quite passionate about making the game. If that passion is actually there, they could very well attempt to find a way to make it happen. Nothing is guaranteed either way.

No kidding? The sun isn't guaranteed to rise tomorrow, but I'd still be willing to bet it would, just as I'd be willing to bet DmC will be dumped into the dustbin of video game history.

"Nothing is guaranteed" is just a cop-out.
#83FireMage7777Posted 3/8/2013 3:14:06 PM
eco master posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
You missed the sarcasm...

You should have been more specific and straight to the point.

Oh you should have the intelligence to keep up...
---
DmC flopped flipped, PM me if you like this sig!!! People who like this sig so far: 19
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#84Alastor6Posted 3/8/2013 3:15:40 PM
RetsuxD posted...
eco master posted...
RetsuxD posted...
>eco master posted...
If anything, now there's actually visible demand for a new Devil May Cry game.

wat

As in, there was quite clearly an uproar when DmC was announced. Previously, it was just murmuring about wanting another game, which holds for damn near every game that people played and wanted more out of. People always want more of something, but that doesn't mean it's going to sell enough to warrant making more of it. Judging by the amount of people who complained about this game, there is now clearly many people who want a better game. That can be made.

And half those people would rather have that better game be part of the old timeline.

If anything, DMC4's sales say that most peopl were just fine with the direction the series was going, it is one of Cashcom's top 20 most sold games after all, so, no, there has been a demand for more DMC ever since DMC3 was released, just not vocal enough.

Exactly. I've never understood why it wasn't considered good enough, surely DMC5 would've sold more than DMC4, that's optimistically putting it above 3 million.
---
Do you miss the old Dante? Get to twitter and find @BringBackKamiya
#85produnerPosted 3/8/2013 3:16:22 PM
eco master posted...
ZeroX07 posted...
It got a sequel because Nintendo said, "here is the money! Make it."

Something like this can very well happen for this game.

Bayonetta is a great game but the publishers had no interest in funding the project , so the only publisher that was interested was Nintendo and they did that to advertise their console.

DmC flopped commercially, and it is average at best. So no one would be interested in such a thing that won't sell and is low on quality.
#86ramzariotPosted 3/8/2013 3:17:41 PM
UtaNapishti posted...
No kidding? The sun isn't guaranteed to rise tomorrow, but I'd still be willing to bet it would, just as I'd be willing to bet DmC will be dumped into the dustbin of video game history.

"Nothing is guaranteed" is just a cop-out.

That would be a good bet if you could someone to take it. Sun rises, you win. Sun doesn't rise? Well you won't have to pay out.
---
I grow tired of the foolish foolery of foolish fools.
#87FRo3tBLo0dPosted 3/8/2013 3:18:18 PM
BlackSheepWalls posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76BpdDFqQR4

This confirms that there will be a sequel, otherwise they would not leave it that open. It is obvious that they are already working on it. I expect we will be seeing DmC far more, maybe once a year or all two years. The engine is done and so is the fighting system, they also seem to change the cutscenes in a more stylish comic look all this will speed up the development time. Cannot wait. XD

I could tell their was going to be a sequel when I finished the campaign...
#88Doom_InfinitePosted 3/8/2013 3:22:00 PM
SlaveBlade posted...
You know, plenty of other games are left wide open for sequels and don't get em.

Especially when they flopped hard.
---
I am yours to command, point out our foes and step out of my way. - Adam, Shining Force
#89eco masterPosted 3/8/2013 3:24:53 PM(edited)
RetsuxD posted...
And half those people would rather have that better game be part of the old timeline.

What makes you say that? You can enjoy a game for the gameplay and hate the direction of the story.

If anything, DMC4's sales say that most peopl were just fine with the direction the series was going

All sales mean is that X amount of people bought the game. I bought it because I wanted to play some more Devil May Cry, and I got that. It was really good, too, but that was some god-awful everything else, in my own opinion. The gameplay made up for it, though.

just not vocal enough

Which is my point. The desire for another Devil May Cry game is now very apparent. It wasn't before, some time after DMC4's release. It wasn't possible to distinguish between "A ton of people are eagerly waiting for this" or "There are very few people who want another but they really really want it."
---
ill be here 4 u eco jus lyk the mop on the commercial babby-wechina23
fighting games suck-bluerain
#90MoreFunThanTVPosted 3/8/2013 3:24:48 PM
Alastor6 posted...
RetsuxD posted...
eco master posted...
RetsuxD posted...
>eco master posted...
If anything, now there's actually visible demand for a new Devil May Cry game.

wat

As in, there was quite clearly an uproar when DmC was announced. Previously, it was just murmuring about wanting another game, which holds for damn near every game that people played and wanted more out of. People always want more of something, but that doesn't mean it's going to sell enough to warrant making more of it. Judging by the amount of people who complained about this game, there is now clearly many people who want a better game. That can be made.

If anything, DMC4's sales say that most peopl were just fine with the direction the series was going, it is one of Cashcom's top 20 most sold games after all, so, no, there has been a demand for more DMC ever since DMC3 was released, just not vocal enough.

Exactly. I've never understood why it wasn't considered good enough, surely DMC5 would've sold more than DMC4, that's optimistically putting it above 3 million.

Also DMC4 came out relatively early in this gen, early enough atleast that I remember some people asking for a PS2 version.

When you consider that those people have obviously probably gotten this gen consoles by now the sells would probably have been pretty good for a DMC5.