Devil May Cry's popularity

#21Pesmerga255Posted 3/8/2013 3:50:30 PM
RetsuxD posted...
PhantomLife posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
lol VGchartz. I'll listen once you post some information about their sources.

Hypocrite.

You went on and on about how DmC sold so badly on VGcharts. Trolled new fans of the DmC series and now, out of nowhere it doesn't matter? It's not accurate information?

You ma'am, are a very bad person and now your trolling is more than obvious.

>Pes
>posting links to anything not a SRW video
Pick one.

:O

I ordered 2nd OG. It should be here before the end of the month!
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#22Dark_EpathyPosted 3/8/2013 3:50:52 PM
How do they know what was removed and what was added wont appeal to them too if they don't play it? It's the most senseless backlash I've ever heard.

It's a numbers game, largely.

30 FPS isn't as good as 60 FPS. There's no denying that. Lack of lock-on isn't going to be as good as having lock-on. You lose directional inputs, for one. Color-coded enemies are counter-intuitive to the spirit of performing combos. There is a lack of variety in terms of moves and weapons. There are glitches.

Despite these supposed drawbacks, DmC is still pretty decent, dare I say good. It plays well. It's fun. Whatever you may hear, the acting is not bad at all. The art direction is incredible. The music is a matter of personal taste. The story and characters are the same way, and they do echo their original counterparts. Some of the lines are juvenile, and I don't deny that. But the game is not as bad as some would have you believe.

But the thing about the hate is that it's just, well, hate. It's hate out of principle. The game could be incredible, but the fact that it "bastardized" Dante and DMC will never be forgiven. People have admitted that if DMC5 was announced or this game revamped to be a new IP, they either wouldn't care or would actually be willing to give it a chance.

There's a lot fueling the fire. It is true that some of the game's opponents haven't played it in its entirety and experienced it firsthand. They go by video, and it is a different experience watching something compared to actually controlling it. But, whatever. You're not going to change their opinions. Let them have their board and their fun.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#23Lord_MizerPosted 3/8/2013 3:51:34 PM
If I had a nickel for every person that said "people just hate change", I'd be a rich man.
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow
#24PhantomLife(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 3:51:43 PM
ScreamingMidget posted...
PhantomLife posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...

Hypocrite.

You went on and on about how DmC sold so badly on VGcharts. Trolled new fans of the DmC series and now, out of nowhere it doesn't matter? It's not accurate information?

DmC series? 1 game doesn't make a series.

Don't try to save him. He's already lost more than a year of his life on these forums making 2 friends.

Ret and Screaming Midget.
#25Pesmerga255Posted 3/8/2013 3:52:14 PM
Lord_Mizer posted...
If I had a nickel for every person that said "people just hate change", I'd be a rich man.

You'd have more money than Tameem anyway.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#26RetsuxDPosted 3/8/2013 3:53:17 PM
PhantomLife posted...
ScreamingMidget posted...
PhantomLife posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...

Hypocrite.

DmC series? 1 game doesn't make a series.

Don't try to save him. He's already lost more than a year of his life on these forums making 2 friends.

Ret and Screaming Midget.

Eh, more than a year?
I only got here on release day.

I think I had made 2 posts on this board before then.
#27MadigariPosted 3/8/2013 3:53:27 PM
Lord_Mizer posted...

But I -do- hate your nickels. I'm not too fond of your pennies, dimes, and quarters, either.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
If you can't get what you want, then you come with me.
#28UtaNapishtiPosted 3/8/2013 3:54:50 PM
Madigari posted...
Lord_Mizer posted...

But I -do- hate your nickels. I'm not too fond of your pennies, dimes, and quarters, either.

I hear ya, bro. I'm so happy Canada is phasing out pennies.
#29Lord_MizerPosted 3/8/2013 3:55:44 PM
Madigari posted...
Lord_Mizer posted...

Hmph, you just don't appreciate the value of good change.

*Turns up nose in an exaggerated manner*
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow
#30PhantomLife(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 3:56:55 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Lord_Mizer posted...

You'd have more money than Tameem anyway.

Wouldn't that mean he'd have more money than you too? Since you can't afford any game at full price?

I mean, you do have nothing but bronze coins in your piggy bank. How do you manage? Grandma?