A message to the Anti DmC

#1AzurexNightmarePosted 3/8/2013 3:16:53 PM
I feel stupid for making this post because it seems most of you are incapable of actual speech and instead say LOL CASUALS LOL DmC LOL DONTE VORGIL, etc. etc. this game sucks, etc. lol Tameem.

I guess I'm just kind of here to ask why you people are so pissed off? Why do you people continue to spend time on a board of a game that you don't enjoy?

The game honestly isn't that bad. I can understand why you hate this new Dante because the original Dante (and the original Vergil) are iconic bad asses and kings/pioneers of the stylish action game genre. But seriously I have NEVER seen this level of hate for any type of media ever. Not a book, not a movie, and no other game except for this one.

Let me just say what I think about DmC.

Combat: Yes it is dumbed down. Yes it is more casual. I love the weapons in DmC but Eryx is a dumbed down ifrit and its okay but it does suck compared to the DMC gauntlets. Still a fun weapon to use. Aquila is pretty interesting. I really like how it pulls the enemies in. Rebellion is still bad ass. I have no problems with it actually. Osiris is really cool. A lot of people used to want a Scythe in DMC but I guess since this is DmC they don't care anymore. I REALLY love Arbiter. A lot. Arbiter is really bad ass in looks and performance.

Now I can see how those weapons would perform better in the other DMC but I like how DmC kept all your weapons on a single controller and it made it very "organic" to be able to use all of your moves with only one set up. It is not as technical as the older DMC's but it is still very fun.

Bosses were a let down. I majorly agree that they were too easy on every difficulty. They need to take a lot less damage. Even on DMD someone like Mundus takes too much damage from sword slashes, let alone arbiter + DT. Vergil is a bit of a wuss yeah.

Honestly the story in this game was the best. There was at least some backstory (DMC had some too but it is more fleshed out in this one) and the characters sync really well together. This DmC undoubtably has the most story out of all of them. I really liked how it combined some parts of 1 and 3.

The enemy design is great. I love the enemies actually. Very befitting of a DMC game. Color coded enemies were stupid yeah.

I'm just really happy that we got to see a retelling of the Devil May Cry story. I am a major fan of the original series but I didn't want to see a series with Nero as the main character. Dante was already as powerful as Goku and no one was going to mess with him anymore. And the biggest bad ass (Mundus) was already sealed. Vergil was also dead. The best parts of DMC are over even if they did continue.

In DmC they at least say something about the angels unlike DMC. We have the potential to see enemies on Mundus level but on the angel side. Hell, hopefully they are way more powerful because Mundus from DmC doesn't seem very strong.
---
PS3, Vita, 3DS. PSN: xLionhartx
I love DMC, DmC, and MGR. Deal with it.
#2AzurexNightmare(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 3:17:04 PM
I agree some things in this game are stupid and some things are out of place but it is a retelling of the story. Capcom gave it to NT and this is what they made. If you guys dislike it thats fine but how the hell can you come here every single day and spend so much time here constantly complaining about everything in the game? Some of the anti's are cool and they don't like this game but they are at least cool about it. The majority of you, it seems, just bash on it all day long for ridiculous reasons like the cussing (when MGR has even more) etc. etc.

OMG LOL MGR IS SO MUCH BETTER. Then why are you on this board? Why are you bothering people who like the game? DmC is NOT a bad game and I'm sure a lot of you are aware but will just never admit it.

If we changed Dante's name to something other than Dante, same with Vergil, and changed the name from Devil May Cry to something else, this game would get the respect that it deserves. It is not NT fault that Capcom wanted to reboot the series. You guys should actually be bashing Capcom more than NT. Capcom gave NT a job to do and NT did it. Hell, the original NT Dante design was more like the one that we all know and love. Capcom was the one who said "No, make it different" and approved the final design.

Yeah Tameem has said some stupid crap but you guys have been pissing and moaning since Day 1. The game came out a month ago and you guys are still here saying the same crap that you have been saying since 2010. Its 3/8/2013 now and you guys are still at it. How can you do it? How can you waste this much time on something you don't like.

Want to know games that I don't like? Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, I could name many many more. Do you think i'm going to waste my time and go to those boards and talk crap to make myself look cool? Is that going to make me feel productive or smart or better than the people who paid money for and enjoyed those games?

Yeah it seems that DmC didn't sell too well go ahead and laugh and say flop all you want. Maybe there won't be a sequel. But I really enjoyed this game and I will never understand how you people can log in here every day and come say "LOL VERGILS DOWNFALL SUCKED" "LOL THIS GAME IS A FLOP" and then like 70 more of you follow suit. I'm sorry but I don't know how you guys can waste that kind of time doing stuff like that.

I could tell an elementary school kid "Hey! This game sucks! Let's go talk crap about it on these boards" and he might be "LOL OK" and if I kept telling him to do it every day even he would get tired and say enough is enough.

You guys are still at it, still harrassing and bullying the same users, still saying the same crap, and you are more than welcome to continue. But I really think some of you should get your priorities straight. You can hate the game all you want but I think there comes a point in time where you might want to say "Man, I have been bullying all these people and talking crap about this game on the same boards for about two years now. And this is my idea of fun? Wow...maybe I can make my life better than this and actually do something. Maybe I should go to boards of games I like and not the ones I don't like"

If you guys ever get teased or crap talked about something that you personally enjoy, then you know what this feels like. And you should know that its very childish and a waste of time.

Have fun "Anti's" Go ahead and continue. I'm going to go play games that I enjoy and I don't care if other people don't like them. I do and that's what counts.

I'm sure a bunch of people will come in and say "LOL TC IS A WUSS" or that im a casual or an idiot or that I am crying or whining, etc. etc. You can say a million things about me. But at some point you may want to consider doing something that is actually of some significance.
---
#3SparNar607Posted 3/8/2013 3:17:50 PM
TL;DR
---
"On and On the road does go, down into the depths below"
"Off you went to call the King, you wish to hear the Devil sing."
#4Green_PuffPosted 3/8/2013 3:17:55 PM
Wtf is happening
---
You will not forget this devils power!
#5PhantomLifePosted 3/8/2013 3:19:00 PM
The answer is.

There aren't that many antis anymore. The last of them are the ones here on this board. From what I was told, they begged and pleaded to not be banned because other sites banned them.

So, this is the antis last stand.

Everyone else has been converted to fans.

But when you see them and they post their silly posts just point Rebellion at them and say "Dude, show's over."
#6MadigariPosted 3/8/2013 3:19:24 PM
AzurexNightmare posted...
But at some point you may want to consider doing something that is actually of some significance.

I don't think gaming, in general, constitutes anything of some significance. This is no more or less productive than actually playing a video game, in that they're both just being done to provide entertainment value for the people doing them.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
If you can't get what you want, then you come with me.
#7Pesmerga255Posted 3/8/2013 3:19:48 PM
PhantomLife posted...
Everyone else has been converted to fans.

Explain the terrible sales figures.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#8DifferentialEquationPosted 3/8/2013 3:19:54 PM
The only game (and its devs) I've seen get as much hate was War Z but that actually deserved it.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#9AzurexNightmare(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 3:20:45 PM
Madigari posted...
But at some point you may want to consider doing something that is actually of some significance.

I don't think gaming, in general, constitutes anything of some significance. This is no more or less productive than actually playing a video game, in that they're both just being done to provide entertainment value for the people doing them.

I think the fact that some people play games and enjoy them IS of significance. Fun is very significant. Hobbies are significant. Pleasure is significant. If games bring that to people then they are significant.

Logging into a game board and bashing people for liking something that you don't? That may be significant to some people but christ I feel sorry for them
---
#10MadigariPosted 3/8/2013 3:22:04 PM
I think the fact that some people play games and enjoy them IS of significance. Fun is very significant. Hobbies are significant. Pleasure is significant. If games bring that to people then they are significant.

Logging into a game board and bashing people for liking something that you don't? That may be significant to some people but christ I feel sorry for them

However, they're getting fun/pleasure from doing that. Regardless of whether you agree with them or not, it is as productive as playing a game from where they're sitting.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
If you can't get what you want, then you come with me.