Need help on one of the final bosses attacks. SPOILERS DUR

#1Jprime666Posted 3/8/2013 5:07:06 PM
Alright so Vergils attack where he charges up and throws 5 or 6 swords. Is there any safe way of cancelling this?

2 solutions I've found are

Helm breaker. Doesn't always work if you hit his sword
Aerial flush or whatever it's called. Again if you hit him while he's swinging the sword he bounces the axe back at you.

Jumping and E&I will keep you out of harms way, I was just wondering if you can cancel this attack.

What about judgement cut?
---
J'
#2Pesmerga255Posted 3/8/2013 5:07:30 PM
Triangle helps.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#3caffiend7Posted 3/8/2013 5:08:57 PM
Just mash triangle
#4Dark_EpathyPosted 3/8/2013 5:12:39 PM(edited)
Prop Shredder (or just Shredder, I forget) with Osiris can reliably deflect any attack in the game, including Vergil's projectile slashes. I think if you can deflect one back at him, it'll cancel the entire attack. I forget, though.

Alternatively, you can just dodge from side to side on the ground.

EDIT: Wait. Do you mean when he does multiple Dimension Slashes? That's a different story, and I'm not sure if there's a way to break him out of that.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#5SlaveBladePosted 3/8/2013 5:12:45 PM
Use teh shotgun any time he summons swords. Instantly nullifies them.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#6TheSL1ClubPosted 3/8/2013 5:14:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkJP5DMncW0

Fight is extremely telegraphed
#7Jprime666(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 5:18:51 PM
I agree that he is easy. Far too easy. I was recording me fighting him, and that was the one attack that I couldn't find an entirely reliable way to punish.

For anyone else who's wondering. Jumping towards him and shooting, then helm breaker as he stops. Allows for free hits and he can't hurt you.

DMD Vergil no-hit complete.

That would be a real achievement in DMC3, this one not so much.
---
J'
#8RetsuxDPosted 3/8/2013 5:22:33 PM
Kablooey and gitin gud skrub helps.