Combat: "Pause" Timing in Combos

#1KidLazarusPosted 3/9/2013 12:14:49 AM
Hi!

I just picked up this game and am really enjoying it. But I'm having a bit of a problem with the timing of pauses in combos. For example,

Death Coil: Triangle Triangle Pause Triangle Triangle Triangle

I've tried this in the training area, but I can't work out the timing. From research, I have the idea that I'm supposed to see the sword flash after the first two triangles, and I think that I do, but it happens so fast I'm not certain, and I'm definitely not getting the "check" mark that says I did the combo right.

Any tips?

Thanks!
#2craelonPosted 3/9/2013 12:31:10 AM
The best way I found to time those pauses right is to wait for the rumble feedback. The controller rumbles when you need to press the button after doing the pause. I don't remember seeing the sword flash but I think that used to be the old indicator in the previous games. Hit twice with the sword and wait for the controller to rumble, then you'll know the exact moment to press the button.
---
I declare this post a VICTORY ( ^-^ )v
#3xKazeruxPosted 3/9/2013 3:01:11 AM
Yeah, try the rumble thing mentioned above. Also, I believe the sword flash goes from the hilt to the tip of the blade, and you press triangle again once it reaches that endpoint (or maybe it works during the duration of the flash, I'm not quite certain there, I think you just press Triangle again after about 3/4 of a second). The flash will be very noticable during gameplay, however, and it'll get to the point where you can time it perfectly without having to keep an eye out for those indicators once you do it enough.

Every weapon will have some sort of pause-timed combo you can use, luckily the timing is virtually the same on all of them.
---
PSN: KazimusPrime // XBL: xKazerux
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/KazimusPrime.png