So, when is Capcom gonna man up?

#21Pesmerga255Posted 3/9/2013 7:39:51 PM
demonfang178 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
ClassyCatt posted...
DmC is a kick-ass game. Fanboys gonna fanboy

Nah, it's an average game. Fanboys gonna fanboy.

Average? Since when did you think it was average?

Do I know you?
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#22NeoTStylePosted 3/9/2013 8:32:39 PM(edited)
Just as antis treat anyone.who.likes.this.game as a casual with horrible taste

But that's exactly what you are
#23NeoFalconHavokPosted 3/9/2013 8:48:30 PM
DrunkBeardGuy posted...
I think they're still waiting for the wounds to heal.

LMAO
---
"If this guy has a problem with GameFaqs users that like Nintendo games, he can kiss my ass."
LMFAO
#24TheCyborgNinjaPosted 3/10/2013 12:39:12 AM(edited)
Right now, Capcom is probably reevaluating the whole situation. The game did receive positive reviews, but a lot of people didn't like the game, for any number of reasons. I wouldn't be surprised if they opted to make DmC2, but have it straddle between old and new styles, and have a story connected with DmC. Dante would almost certainly get his red coat and white hair back, and they'd probably tweak the combat to feel more like DMC3. Honestly, I don't think they need to make DMC5 to appease anyone. They just need to make DmC2 feel more like the older games, in terms of gameplay and personality.

If they make another entry, I am pretty sure it will be DmC2 and not DMC5. Capcom is stubborn, even in the face of overwhelming disapproval. After Lost Planet 2 failed to meet their sales expectations, they said the series was on hold. E.X. Troopers arrived last year (in Asia), and Lost Planet 3 is coming this year (everywhere). The only fans they seem content on abandoning are Onimusha and Mega Man supporters.

Ultimately, I feel that "no new game" is more likely than DMC5. If they really cared about public opinion, they'd have had Ninja Theory leave Dante's appearance looking like the old one. I would feel content if the next one was half-way between DMC3 and DmC. All I ask for is a "lawful evil" Vergil and an antagonist who isn't some dork in a suit.

---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#25Dersu_UzalaPosted 3/10/2013 1:07:00 AM(edited)
I think Capcom abandoned Onimusha after 4 (aside from Soki's presence in TvC) because they feel the Japanese setting doesn't resonate with Westerners, even though half of 3 took place in France.

If they make DmC2, Ninja Theory needs to go. There is just no hope of those guys redeeming themselves after three straight failures.
#26demonfang178Posted 3/10/2013 5:54:54 AM
Pesmerga255 posted...
demonfang178 posted...
Pesmerga255 posted...
ClassyCatt posted...
DmC is a kick-ass game. Fanboys gonna fanboy

Nah, it's an average game. Fanboys gonna fanboy.

Average? Since when did you think it was average?

Do I know you?

Yeah. Ms. Wiliccer's class. 5th grade. Third seat in the second to last row. We go way back.
#27StrelokPosted 3/10/2013 6:22:11 AM
I am a very vocal anti and I have *NEVER* insulted or bashed someone if they just said they liked the game. What the flying dodo are you on?
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#28UltimateGeth39Posted 3/10/2013 6:45:12 AM
The only thing Capcom can do to appease the fans is give DMC5 to Platinum who unlike ninja theory have proven they can make a good game hell MGR was apparently a mess before Platinum got their hands on it and look how well that game turned out.
#29Dersu_UzalaPosted 3/10/2013 8:47:02 AM
Capcom will never work with Platinum because of the bad blood between them and Kamiya.
#30SilentS89(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 9:58:57 AM
TheCyborgNinja posted...
They just need to make DmC2 feel more like the older games, in terms of gameplay and personality.

I guess I would accept that compromise, assuming it is done well.