so what happens in VD is basically the opposite of DMC3 *SPOILERS*

#1shababbossPosted 3/9/2013 1:41:34 PM
Dante lost to Vergil in DMC3 because he didn't awaken his Devil power yet, after that he went on par on the second battle and defeated him on third. He got a lot of power boost after awakening.

In this game Vergil lost to Dante cause he didn't have devil trigger on their fight (doppelganger was not DT, he didn't have his veins showing up and neither the eyes turned red)
Dante was doing all the fighting and he got stronger that him after Mundus and wooped his ass. But after VD Vergil now awakened his true power. By the end I felt like Vergil will murder Dante when they meet up.
#2Hydra1432Posted 3/9/2013 1:55:30 PM
I think Dante was probably always stronger than Vergil but never had any real reason to fight until he opened up to Mary and learned why he needs to stop Vergil
---
http://i.imgur.com/JVCt0.gif
http://i.imgur.com/VGR4m.gif
#3RetsuxDPosted 3/9/2013 1:57:14 PM
Hydra1432 posted...
I think Dante was probably always stronger than Vergil but never had any real reason to fight until he opened up to Mary and learned why he needs to stop Vergil

Play DMC3 again, he outright lost the first fight against Vergil, he wasn't stronger.
#4Hydra1432Posted 3/9/2013 1:59:49 PM
RetsuxD posted...
Hydra1432 posted...

Play DMC3 again, he outright lost the first fight against Vergil, he wasn't stronger.

Yes because he was holding himself back by neglecting his demonic side and also the fact that he just didn't give two ***** about anything.
---
http://i.imgur.com/JVCt0.gif
http://i.imgur.com/VGR4m.gif
#5RetsuxDPosted 3/9/2013 2:02:08 PM
Hydra1432 posted...
RetsuxD posted...
Hydra1432 posted...

Yes because he was holding himself back by neglecting his demonic side and also the fact that he just wasn't motivated.

It's not that he was neglecting his powers, it's that he didn't even awaken them until after that fight, while Vergil already had his DT for god knows how long.

As for the second thing, it wouldn't be the first time Dante lost to Vergil, he lost against him too on the manga.
#6SparNar607Posted 3/9/2013 2:03:33 PM
Hydra1432 posted...
RetsuxD posted...
Hydra1432 posted...

Yes because he was holding himself back by neglecting his demonic side and also the fact that he just didn't give two ***** about anything.

His demonic side had't awoken until Vergil's first fight but I do see what you're saying about Lady providing him with the motivation to defeat Vergil.
---
"On and On the road does go, down into the depths below"
"Off you went to call the King, you wish to hear the Devil sing."
#7Gray Fox DiePosted 3/9/2013 2:06:49 PM
Vergil doesn't unlock his devil trigger in Downfall. He cast away the rest of humanity he had.
#8Pesmerga255Posted 3/9/2013 2:08:16 PM
Gray Fox Die posted...
Vergil doesn't unlock his devil trigger in Downfall. He cast away the rest of humanity he had.

What humanity? He's half demon and half angel.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#9RetsuxDPosted 3/9/2013 2:12:17 PM
Pesmerga255 posted...
Gray Fox Die posted...

What humanity? He's half demon and half angel.

Artificial humanity.
#10Lord_MizerPosted 3/9/2013 2:13:38 PM
I hope it's not on the lines of "metaphorically human."
---
Can't think of anything right now, so....*Sits on lawn chair*
Hen and chicken is two different animals/Blanka always talked since SF1- OmegaPillow