DmC sales week 7: One third the sales of DMC4

#11GamenamebullyPosted 3/9/2013 2:05:52 PM
darkslayer001 posted...
Mixorz posted...
So is that how we measure if a product is good or not? By how financially successful or how much it sold?

Good to know I owned Wii Sports, the best game this gen, sold more copies than anything. Sorry you guys cannot argue that fact I'm using your measure of success.

actually comparing the sales of the predecessors of a game does measure to an extent the product quality

There are some exceptions to that.
---
The Only Sane Gamer.
PSN Name: Gamenamebully
#12IamthekuzalolPosted 3/9/2013 2:39:56 PM
So only 9k sales on week 7, ROFL.
#13GalvatronType_RPosted 3/9/2013 2:45:53 PM
Wow, Revengeance was released later than DmC and has already outsold it and is nearly platinum (see what I did there) sales.

Capcom handed DmC to a western developer to increase sales while Konami handed Revengeance to a Japanese developer to rescue the game and the Japanese game is winning while the western game is a flop. Isn't it ironic.
#14TheCyborgNinjaPosted 3/11/2013 7:48:55 AM
GalvatronType_R posted...
Wow, Revengeance was released later than DmC and has already outsold it and is nearly platinum (see what I did there) sales.

Capcom handed DmC to a western developer to increase sales while Konami handed Revengeance to a Japanese developer to rescue the game and the Japanese game is winning while the western game is a flop. Isn't it ironic.

I don't know why Japanese publishers seem to think tossing their licenses to the west is the best idea. Most people would agree the region that spawned the product will likely do it the most justice.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#15StepswordsmanPosted 3/11/2013 7:57:42 AM
It's not about just "tossing their licenses to the west". Capcom obviously wanted CoD and GoW fans to buy their new games, that's why their goal was to "westernise" them.

But why would they think that spending as little as possible on the actual game, and investing into advertisement and bribing reviewers instead is a good idea, that I don't know. I mean, sure, some people fell for that (you can still see people use positive reviews as a proof that DmC is not horrible), but surely not everybody is that dumb?
---
Besides I or anyone else was flamming anyone.
#16StepswordsmanPosted 3/11/2013 7:59:21 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#17DuuuDe14Posted 3/11/2013 8:52:02 AM
But...but the metacritic! The hair! You spiteful fans didn't buy it because of the hair! You're all blind haters!

*continues rambling*

Aaaaaaaahhh!!!

http://i.imgur.com/UnFnF.gif
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
#18Sony_7Posted 3/11/2013 9:26:02 AM
Are those VGchartz sales numbers? I know DmC didn't sell well but VGchartz is almost always wrong.
---
http://www.gamesprays.com/images/icons/tf2%20demoman%20spray_icon301.jpg
Wario Ware DIY FC: 1978-2715-3849
#19darkslayer001Posted 3/11/2013 9:28:15 AM
Sony_7 posted...
Are those VGchartz sales numbers? I know DmC didn't sell well but VGchartz is almost always wrong.

the mostly overestimate numbers....
#20SilentS89Posted 3/11/2013 9:54:28 AM
Gamenamebully posted...
darkslayer001 posted...
Mixorz posted...
So is that how we measure if a product is good or not? By how financially successful or how much it sold?

Good to know I owned Wii Sports, the best game this gen, sold more copies than anything. Sorry you guys cannot argue that fact I'm using your measure of success.

actually comparing the sales of the predecessors of a game does measure to an extent the product quality

There are some exceptions to that.

DmC isn't one of them.