Did Devil May Cry really need a reboot?

#1GalvatronType_RPosted 3/9/2013 3:39:04 PM
I actually liked Nero and wanted to find out more about his lineage and the crazy cult he was a part of.

The reboot was completely unnecessary, they should have brought Nero and Dante back with Vergil thrown in. A tri-conflict between 3 brothers (?) would have made a very interesting game.
#2DarkJaydragonPosted 3/9/2013 3:40:46 PM
Capcom tried looking up their own ass for more DMC stories but they seem to have run out and had to turn to NT's bottoms.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#3shababbossPosted 3/9/2013 3:41:44 PM
didn't care about Nero. I would just them to do a Sparda prequel or a continuing the timeline from DMC4 with Vergil or Dante together. Maybe they could explain Nero's lineage as a part of the story.
#4KyryloPosted 3/9/2013 3:41:46 PM
ask Capcom:/
#5TheCyborgNinjaPosted 3/9/2013 4:07:19 PM
Nero sucked, and only DMC 1 and 3 are any good, really. I think they went too far with this. If they'd been smart, they would have handed Ninja Theory an order to remake DMC3, rebrand it as "DmC," then have DMC1 remade to be "DmC2." Update the graphics, level design, dialogue, etc., but leave the core elements untouched as much as possible (characters, combat).
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#6ScreamingMidgetPosted 3/9/2013 4:11:47 PM
No.
#7caffiend7Posted 3/9/2013 4:23:58 PM
This is the millionth time this has been asked and we've become quite good at it. No
#8PunkMcThrustPosted 3/9/2013 4:29:46 PM
No. DMC4 had the best combat of the series yet, it sold the most of the series, it's blatantly obvious that a reboot was the worst possible move.
#9ShadowZero007Posted 3/9/2013 4:32:51 PM(edited)
Vergil is Nero's father.
He fathered him at like 12.
Potentially with a prostitute.

I didn't hate DMC 4, it was fun.
But as far as plot presentation and thematic elements go; it was in a downward kind of way, I wouldn't go so far as to say it was NEEDED, but I'm a little glad.
I don't think the gameplay needed the overhaul it got, but as for as the plot goes; it was headed nowhere I like.

(Note: I don't hate Nero, just the walking plot hole he is... well I guess that's no longer quite true.)
---
In my restless dreams I see that town...
#10RayconPosted 3/9/2013 4:32:02 PM
Story-wise? I felt it could have benefitted from retelling the story with tighter narrative with a setting and the characters that were reflective of their original counterparts.

DmC, unfortunately, was anything but that.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja