Vergi's Downfall is Better than the Actual Game

#1KazamaKojinraiPosted 3/9/2013 8:45:23 PM
Sure the story was terrible and the cutscenes were just cheap "sorry we didn't have the budget to finish this" storyboards, but the actual gameplay was a lot more fun. Vergil's moveset is weaker and more balanced than Dante's, making the game harder fortunately since you can't just abuse Dante's Aquila or infinite air-juggles. The moveset is also deeper and requires more skill to use. Also you have an actual devil-trigger now with special moves instead of Dante's stupid "everyone floats now" devil trigger (god that was a dumb idea).
---
SSF4 clan: Team SIN
Dragon Lord rank: Jin Kazama | http://www.youtube.com/user/KyojiroInc
#2Green_PuffPosted 3/9/2013 8:46:39 PM
I only wish it had at LEAST 5 more chapters.
---
You will not forget this devils power!
#3TriangleMasherPosted 3/9/2013 8:47:11 PM
not really:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q8ID0_3oK8&list=UUf2RHSSbKcE7NzUpuf7sWNA&index=1
---
Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle
#4Pesmerga255Posted 3/9/2013 8:49:06 PM
TriangleMasher posted...
not really:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q8ID0_3oK8&list=UUf2RHSSbKcE7NzUpuf7sWNA&index=1

XD
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#5Green_PuffPosted 3/9/2013 8:50:02 PM
User Name TriangleMasher
User ID 6732202
Board User Level 15: New User (1)
Awarded to users with at least 3 Karma. Can create 5 topics, 50 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.
Account Created Monday, February 18, 2013 10:07 PM
Last Visit Saturday, March 9, 2013 6:48 PM
Signature Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle Triangle
Karma 9
Active Messages Posted 23

Pes, you left your pet run wild again. Retrieve it at once.
---
You will not forget this devils power!
#6Topkick1975Posted 3/9/2013 8:50:49 PM
A bit short - but it was interesting how different it felt from the main moveset, and particularly interesting getting used to the new mobility --- the angel slash attack, and the new way to chain jumps (particularly to get items). Instead of double jump...you'd jump, vertical evade, angel boost, then horizontal evade.
#7AkazoraPosted 3/9/2013 9:26:47 PM
I want Dream runners in Vergil's Downfall. Don't know why they excluded them - Its not like they would be tough for him, Trick up, drive, stomp, done. Or Atomic. Atomic breaks right through Hollow Vergil's defense so its safe to say it would do the same to Dream runners.

I think the lack of them just leads to way too many wisp. Kill 3 wisp, next wave is 3 more wisp, next wave is another 3 wisp.
#8OutsiderHallPosted 3/9/2013 11:22:57 PM
KazamaKojinrai posted...
Sure the story was terrible and the cutscenes were just cheap "sorry we didn't have the budget to finish this" storyboards, but the actual gameplay was a lot more fun. Vergil's moveset is weaker and more balanced than Dante's, making the game harder fortunately since you can't just abuse Dante's Aquila or infinite air-juggles. The moveset is also deeper and requires more skill to use. Also you have an actual devil-trigger now with special moves instead of Dante's stupid "everyone floats now" devil trigger (god that was a dumb idea).

i agree. i especially like how with vergil you are 'forced' to use yamato because that is the only weapon he has, and not like you said, abuse the demon/angelic weapons like dante.
#9UbberDevilPosted 3/10/2013 12:40:30 AM
I agree, I am having a lot more fun with this DLC. It's like I'm playing a different game...then a glitch happens and I'm brought back to reality.
---
Q- if Satan is the prince of darkness, who's the king?
A- UbberDevil, and Sparda is my Queen. GT: MongooseDave2
#10TheCyborgNinjaPosted 3/10/2013 1:15:51 AM
I got it for free, so I was pretty pleased it turned out so well. I found the main gain disappointing.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo