Capcom is gonna claim that DmC failed because the market is saturated

#71chaos_sage0265Posted 3/10/2013 11:00:07 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
jaoman69 posted...
only problem with the market is that they cant recognize a good game when they see one

Tomb Raider is selling. Makes your statement false.

Actually, that further proves his statement.

Tomb Raider is quite terrible.
---
"We will be remembered for this. White Wall."
#72Evolution_basicPosted 3/10/2013 8:58:48 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
MoisesL posted...
tehdud posted...
this game is the most disliked game ever among the fans.

But this isn't DMC2.

Yeah, its worse than DMC2

No, it is not. DMC2 is abyssmal. DmC is very good.
---
-------
A lover and a retired fighter. The grizzled veteran of gaming.
#73KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 3/10/2013 9:01:19 PM
Evolution_basic posted...
FireMage7777 posted...
MoisesL posted...
tehdud posted...
this game is the most disliked game ever among the fans.

But this isn't DMC2.

Yeah, its worse than DMC2

No, it is not. DMC2 is abyssmal. DmC is mediocre.

Fix'd.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#74Evolution_basicPosted 3/10/2013 9:01:32 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
CrimsonGear80 posted...
Overall positive reception?

Yes. I hate metacritic, but that's what the companies look at nowadays and DmC sits at a very positive score.

and you seem to claim that these 700K have a mixed reaction, but what solid data do you have to back that up? I can show you metacritic for the positive response, but what exactly can you show me?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/dmc-devil-may-cry

Huh, it's funny but when I go to Metacritic I see a user average of 4.3. That's pretty bad.

See, the "professional" reviewers seemed to like it, but the consumer (you know, the people that actually matter) didn't seem to like it.

It's funny because both the user reviews and the "professional" reviews have some dishonesty in them.

Just because some "professional" reviewers liked it, you think that would justify a sequel?

No one gives merit to user reviews, no one.

Consumers loved this game. Gamefaq=/=consumers.
---
-------
A lover and a retired fighter. The grizzled veteran of gaming.
#75ZeroX91Posted 3/10/2013 9:03:17 PM
Yo, shut the **** up.
KEGS HERE!!!!

*sets it up*

2 bucks a cup.
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui4zPwRmSFA
#76KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 3/10/2013 9:05:35 PM
Evolution_basic posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
CrimsonGear80 posted...
Overall positive reception?

Yes. I hate metacritic, but that's what the companies look at nowadays and DmC sits at a very positive score.

and you seem to claim that these 700K have a mixed reaction, but what solid data do you have to back that up? I can show you metacritic for the positive response, but what exactly can you show me?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/dmc-devil-may-cry

Huh, it's funny but when I go to Metacritic I see a user average of 4.3. That's pretty bad.

See, the "professional" reviewers seemed to like it, but the consumer (you know, the people that actually matter) didn't seem to like it.

It's funny because both the user reviews and the "professional" reviews have some dishonesty in them.

Just because some "professional" reviewers liked it, you think that would justify a sequel?

No one gives merit to user reviews, no one.

Consumers loved this game. Gamefaq=/=consumers.

I gave my proof, where's yours? Oh wait. There is none. This game flopped, deal with it.

It's a failure, there is no way to deny that. If you do, you're literally lying. DmC flopped because it was a reboot that no one wanted, Capcom told us to vote with out waleets and we did. DMC4 (the last game in the series) sold 2.7 million and wast met with mostly praise. DmC barely broke 700k and got a mixed reaction.

Hell, let's say of the 700k who bought it, only 150 k were disappointed. That still means that a sequel only has an audience of 550 k. No company would ever make that decision, even Capcom.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#77Japanese_JadePosted 3/10/2013 9:09:46 PM
jaoman69 posted...
only problem with the market is that they cant recognize a good game when they see one

I would totally agree with you if I weren't so forgiving of people's opinions. Luckily, I'm a nice guy and very understanding. ;)

But leaning towards your statement, I agree that people are missin' out on a great game unfortunately.
Their loss.
---
Should AKIRA be made into a live action film?
Simple answer: LOL no
#78No_one_specialPosted 3/10/2013 9:13:25 PM
chaos_sage0265 posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
jaoman69 posted...

Tomb Raider is selling. Makes your statement false.

Actually, that further proves his statement.

Tomb Raider is quite terrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQWaIC2rZWM&t=17s
---
http://tinyurl.com/d76kaod
http://i.imgur.com/qQLJe62.jpg
#79darkslayer001Posted 3/10/2013 9:21:33 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
Lord_Mizer posted...

Well, people have used twisted logic to justify things for less in the past.

I think the one million units shipped would justify the sequel more, but the positive reactions help out too.

I don't know under what rock your living in, but DmC got mixed reactions.
The "professional" reviewers were only a handful of reviewers and most completely ignore any legitimate complaints, and just give higher grade because this game being a victim in their eyes.The Metacritic user score had only a few troll reviews and the others rated it as mediocre.
I understand if you make the argument that casuals will only pay attention to the "professional" reviewers but that is not the case here. This game had the potential to sell 2.5+ million if this was a Devil may Cry title, But only sold a meager 600K, probably 700K in lifetime by consumers. This is bad for a game as a AAA title. Not to mention no competition and the number of systems right now is more than what 5yrs ago.
You must be in denial if you think DmC succeeded.