DMC3 did something more H&S games need to do

#11Dersu_UzalaPosted 3/10/2013 12:21:20 AM
The banana-wielding guy in DW Strikeforce comes to mind.
#12RetsuxDPosted 3/10/2013 5:49:02 AM
CoD has a laser blade, rapiers, boomerangs, fire flasks, ANOTHER ELECTRIC GUITAR, a spiked shield and a gatling gun.

Makes up for most weapons being just reskins with another combo hit and finisher.
#13AlexxShadenk777Posted 3/10/2013 5:50:43 AM
Yep. Certainly would make any game better by a permanent 30% to have Nevan useable in it.
---
PSN: AlexxShadenk777
"DMC1 is the best, DMC4 is the worst. Not changing this signature till DMC1 gets its true sequel." January 17th 2013
#14pyro_buntaPosted 3/10/2013 7:09:27 AM
The upcoming DW8 has Huang Gai fighting using a canoe.

A canoe.

A ****ing canoe.
---
...for Tony Redgrave...
#15ramzariotPosted 3/10/2013 7:19:47 AM
I know it's a different genre but Joachim in Shadow Hearts 2 had some weird weapons.
---
I grow tired of the foolish foolery of foolish fools.
#16LinksLegendsPosted 3/10/2013 8:29:24 AM
This is one of the things that bugged me about this game. In every other DMC game, the weapons were actual Devil Arms; they had demons inside of them. In DMC3 in particular, the weapons you used WERE the bosses you fought and defeated. It gave them a hellova lot more character.

In this one? It's like "Oh look, Dante's got an axe. It's demonic! How do you know? It's red. And over here? This one's a scythe! It's blue, cause, you know, it's angelic. We put a lot of thought into these designs, guys."

It's particularly aggravating for the ones you get for beating the Succubus/Barbas. Like it would've been so easy for them just to make the designs more based around the enemies you fought... But they just didn't.

Same goes for having enemies/bosses with actual mythological backgrounds, giving Mundus any sort of characterization that wasn't facepalm worthy, using Nelo Angelo instead of "Hollow Vergil", including, you know, a lock-on feature, having Vergil actually betray Dante instead of just arguing...

It just seems like they weren't trying very hard.
---
honk pap
HONK shooosh