Final verdict?

#1HerugrimPosted 3/10/2013 9:14:20 AM
Been hanging on this game for awhile, still don't know if I should get it or not. Figured I'd ask and see. Now that it's been out awhile, and we've gotten DLC, what do you think of it? What did you like about it? What didn't you?

I can't make up my mind if I should buy. I think the story may be the single worst thing I've ever heard so far, with dialog apparently written for 13-year-olds who giggle whenever someone swears. The actual gameplay looks a lot of fun, especially since I'm a casual who enjoys easy action games.
---
John Watson: "Well it isn't obvious to me."
Sherlock Holmes: "The world is full of obvious things that nobody notices."
#2FulvipPosted 3/10/2013 9:17:36 AM
Release the hounds!

Bad story, characters, graphics, bosses, difficulty,
Above that but below average, combat, music, design.

Are you a h&s fan? DMC fan? Good games fan? Don't buy.
Don't have anything, and I mean anything else to play, and money is dissolving your wallet like acid, sure go ahead.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: FFXIII, DmC, Folklore
#3SparNar607Posted 3/10/2013 9:18:10 AM
Buy it used if it's $30 or less.
---
"On and On the road does go, down into the depths below"
"Off you went to call the King, you wish to hear the Devil sing."
#4DJ_0000Posted 3/10/2013 9:23:16 AM
This game has very fun combat but a little easier and simpler than the previous games, even if you aren't the best at these types of games you'll still be able to do some really cool stuff. It is designed so that a lot of the really cool stuff is more attainable for less skilled players while maintaining a solid amount of depth to explore if you wish.

The story isn't as bad as people make it out to be, it's pretty much on par for most video game stories.
#5KyryloPosted 3/10/2013 9:30:43 AM
Herugrim posted...
Been hanging on this game for awhile, still don't know if I should get it or not. Figured I'd ask and see. Now that it's been out awhile, and we've gotten DLC, what do you think of it? What did you like about it? What didn't you?

I can't make up my mind if I should buy. I think the story may be the single worst thing I've ever heard so far, with dialog apparently written for 13-year-olds who giggle whenever someone swears. The actual gameplay looks a lot of fun, especially since I'm a casual who enjoys easy action games.

since replayability drastically fallen in this game, it only makes sense buying it used for less money.
#6ScreamingMidgetPosted 3/10/2013 9:30:46 AM
If you like good games, you won't like it.
#7SlaveBladePosted 3/10/2013 9:34:09 AM
It's good but there's nothing special about it really.
---
Interested in a RP about a post apocalyptic future Earth with some Mutant shenanigans? PM me if you wanna join~
#8Herugrim(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 11:19:33 AM
Thanks, though I was hoping for more, you know, evidence. But ah well, I'll get it.

The more people say they hate a game, without bothering to support their claims (or using filler complaints like glitches), the more I find I like it. Games on that list:

DMC2
Jet Li's Rise to Honor
Mortal Kombat Armageddon
Sonic 06
Street Fighter x Tekken
Asura's Wrath
Terminator Salvation

But, I get the feeling the story of this one may cause me intense physical pain.

Good thing I have whisky for that. Hopefully JD can get me through it...hopefully.
---
John Watson: "Well it isn't obvious to me."
Sherlock Holmes: "The world is full of obvious things that nobody notices."
#9FireMage7777Posted 3/10/2013 11:22:38 AM
Herugrim posted...
Thanks, though I was hoping for more, you know, evidence. But ah well, I'll get it.

The more people say they hate a game, without bothering to support their claims (or using filler complaints like glitches), the more I find I like it. Games on that list:

DMC2
Jet Li's Rise to Honor
Mortal Kombat Armageddon
Sonic 06
Street Fighter x Tekken
Asura's Wrath
Terminator Salvation

But, I get the feeling the story of this one may cause me intense physical pain.

Good thing I have whisky for that. Hopefully JD can get me through it...hopefully.

Who the f*** in their right mind dislikes Asura's Wrath?
---
DmC flopped flipped, PM me if you like this sig!!! People who like this sig so far: 19
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#10AlphaPatroklosPosted 3/10/2013 11:23:22 AM
It's almost as bad as Superman 64 but not as funny without all the glitches. Though flying Donte is pretty daft.
---
Komo