I've been thinking of getting this game, how is it?

#11KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 3/10/2013 5:01:30 PM
Japanese_Jade posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Japanese_Jade posted...
Vue35 posted...
Don't bombard this thread with any immature opinions either.

You have a better chance of winning the mega million lotto.

On a more cereal note, it depends. If you're looking for a fun action game and an entry into the series as a whole, its worth every penny imo. I still haven't put it down myself.

But if you're a "hardcore gamer", "DMC purist", or easily offended by developers who speak to a general public of fan boys out of spite, stay away from this game. Try to forget about it. Otherwise, you'll end up like the sad sacks who can't seem to escape it.

Jade... your opinion seems to defy what the OP asked for. So far, your opinion seems to be the only immature one here (unless I missed one while I was typing this).

Opinion? I gave him a truthful input. And how am I being immature?

btw, the last break was supposed to be taken with a grain of salt jokingly (but with sad truth behind it).

It was the last break mostly, but if you meant it as a joke then it's fine.

The way it came off, it sounded like you were saying the game was good, it's only a bunch of elitists that have problems with it, otherwise everyone else loves it.

This is untrue of course, there are plenty of people who dislike it that aren't tournament level players (I'm nowhere near that level).
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#12ScreamingMidgetPosted 3/10/2013 5:19:29 PM
Do you like good games, TC?

If so, you won't like DmC.
#13VaruneyPosted 3/10/2013 5:24:52 PM
It is best if you rent it or borrow it, first, if that course of action proves too tedious for you, then try the demo.
---
*Wubeth Intensifies*
#14Japanese_JadePosted 3/10/2013 5:24:56 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

The way it came off, it sounded like you were saying the game was good, it's only a bunch of elitists that have problems with it, otherwise everyone else loves it.

This is untrue of course, there are plenty of people who dislike it that aren't tournament level players (I'm nowhere near that level).

I was mostly poking fun at the vocal extremists really. I get the game isn't "perfect" to original DMC lore/gameplay but it doesn't mean its not a great game.

i.e. I dislike Dragon Ball Evolution and how its related to my favorite franchise but I won't get in the way of someone who might like it (which I doubt anyone does but who knows. More power to them.) I just think there is a difference between those who are "fighting complacency" and just being plain annoying.
---
The internet was made specifically for you...LOL...I lied.
#15KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 3/10/2013 5:27:12 PM
Japanese_Jade posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

I was mostly poking fun at the vocal extremists really. I get the game isn't "perfect" to original DMC lore/gameplay but it doesn't mean its not a great game.

i.e. I dislike Dragon Ball Evolution and how its related to my favorite franchise but I won't get in the way of someone who might like it (which I doubt anyone does but who knows. More power to them.) I just think there is a difference between those who are "fighting complacency" and just being plain annoying.

But if that person tried to claim that DB Evolution was better than the original? What about then? This isn't just about liking it, left and right there were people claiming it was factually better than the original series (which simply isn't true).

Honestly, DmC is mediocre. It's not amazing, but it's not awful. It's a 7/10 at best.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#16Vue35(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 5:29:45 PM
lamMelvin posted...
Depends, have you played a previous DMC game?

Nope.

I'm a PC gamer.

Note: You may now bombard me with immature opinions.
---
http://i.imgur.com/yO2JP.png http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llbrieBkab1qh1sico1_500.gif
#17SiLVeR_420Posted 3/10/2013 5:41:40 PM
Vue35 posted...
lamMelvin posted...
Depends, have you played a previous DMC game?

Nope.

I'm a PC gamer.

Note: You may now bombard me with immature opinions.

DMC3&4 are on PC. That's no excuse.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#18Japanese_JadePosted 3/10/2013 5:43:26 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
But if that person tried to claim that DB Evolution was better than the original? What about then? This isn't just about liking it, left and right there were people claiming it was factually better than the original series (which simply isn't true).

Honestly, DmC is mediocre. It's not amazing, but it's not awful. It's a 7/10 at best.

They can claim DB: Evolution is better all they want. I won't agree but if they really think so it doesn't change anything. They won't be wrong or right. Who is gaining anything on either side anyway? What really matters is that person enjoys it. I didn't for my own reasons, so I move onto something else. They enjoyed it for their experience and probably hope for a sequel. Why can't people just accept this nature and move on with their lives?

DmC is awesome, awful, mediocre, and everything in between just like every other game is debated throughout history. You'll hate it and that's perfectly fine with me. And I'll love it.

KA_ME, you're one of the very few "antis" I wouldn't mind debating with because I could learn from your arguments as I hope you could from mine. I love this game not only because I find it fun but I could discuss with people who both like this game and dislike it on an intellectual level sometimes. Sadly, not everyone can (i.e. the vocal extremists I troll).
---
Should AKIRA be made into a live action film?
Simple answer: LOL no
#19FireMage7777Posted 3/10/2013 5:51:36 PM
Japanese_Jade posted...
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...

They can claim DB: Evolution is better all they want. I won't agree but if they really think so it doesn't change anything. They won't be wrong or right. Who is gaining anything on either side anyway? What really matters is that person enjoys it. I didn't for my own reasons, so I move onto something else. They enjoyed it for their experience and probably hope for a sequel. Why can't people just accept this nature and move on with their lives?

DmC is awesome, awful, mediocre, and everything in between just like every other game is debated throughout history. You'll hate it and that's perfectly fine with me. And I'll love it.

KA_ME, you're one of the very few "antis" I wouldn't mind debating with because I could learn from your arguments as I hope you could from mine. I love this game not only because I find it fun but I could discuss with people who both like this game and dislike it on an intellectual level sometimes. Sadly, not everyone can (i.e. the vocal extremists I troll).

The subjective argument...the stand of a person that can't accept objectivity
---
DmC flopped flipped, PM me if you like this sig!!! People who like this sig so far: 19
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#20Japanese_JadePosted 3/10/2013 5:55:05 PM
FireMage7777 posted...
The subjective argument...the stand of a person that can't accept objectivity

Relativism >>>>>>>>>>> Objectivity

All day everyday, baby. :)
---
Should AKIRA be made into a live action film?
Simple answer: LOL no