Why doesn't this game have a turbo option?

#21lokithefoolPosted 3/10/2013 9:45:55 PM
Psychochild27 posted...
ss14knight posted...
DmC doesn't need turbo mode, it's fast paced enough. I tried DMC4 on the PC though, THAT needs turbo mode, it felt outrageously slow without it but became really fun after I switched to turbo.

DMC4 and DmC play at generally the same speed by default.

If DMC4 is too slow, then logic follows so does DmC.

60fps/30fps

yep same speed.
#22ss14knightPosted 3/10/2013 9:54:46 PM
lokithefool posted...
Psychochild27 posted...
ss14knight posted...
DmC doesn't need turbo mode, it's fast paced enough. I tried DMC4 on the PC though, THAT needs turbo mode, it felt outrageously slow without it but became really fun after I switched to turbo.

60fps/30fps

yep same speed.

People exaggerate how much fps affects gameplay speed. Like, if the game is 3 fps, obviously it'll run terribly. But if you do your research, 30 fps is actually a completely acceptable fps for a game. The worst 30 fps could do is make the game look a bit less pretty as it's running. And come on, we're all here cuz we like DMC, we should all know that with the exception of 4, the games have always been far from pretty looking.
#23360pages(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 9:58:20 PM
So, because I hate the game I can't state the lack of features and flaws?

It's a combination of all of those things and the over all atmosphere is why I hate the game anyway. Fixing that means I wouldn't have made this topic because it would be one less thing I would hate.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#24lokithefoolPosted 3/10/2013 10:01:40 PM
ss14knight posted...
lokithefool posted...
Psychochild27 posted...
ss14knight posted...

60fps/30fps

yep same speed.

People exaggerate how much fps affects gameplay speed. Like, if the game is 3 fps, obviously it'll run terribly. But if you do your research, 30 fps is actually a completely acceptable fps for a game. The worst 30 fps could do is make the game look a bit less pretty as it's running. And come on, we're all here cuz we like DMC, we should all know that with the exception of 4, the games have always been far from pretty looking.

Granted the actual fluidity is what I am talking about, but still I found that any of the DMC's from the original quadrilogy are quicker then this game. Even Devil May Cry 2 seems to be a faster experience

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA976TmfCuw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDE5cce1SUQ
#25SiLVeR_420Posted 3/10/2013 10:03:18 PM
ss14knight posted...
lokithefool posted...
Psychochild27 posted...
ss14knight posted...

60fps/30fps

yep same speed.

Sure its acceptable for a game to be 30 FPS. But when its a franchise staple you can be sure its a problem.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#26Ink-RibbonPosted 3/10/2013 10:03:42 PM
360pages posted...

It's a combination of all of those things and the over all atmosphere is why I hate the game anyway. Fixing that means I wouldn't have made this topic because it would be one less thing I would hate.

That's really strange....;)

If the game hadn't been released, you wouldn't have made this topic either. So, I fail to see your point with the lack of a turbo mode.

But then again, you would probably make a topic pointing the lack of something else, which by the way it's useless, considering your view about the game.

Hating one thing less wouldn't change anything, considering you hate everything else. You might well make a topic asking why didn't they release DMC 5...
#27ss14knightPosted 3/10/2013 10:05:20 PM
lokithefool posted...
ss14knight posted...
lokithefool posted...
Psychochild27 posted...
ss14knight posted...

60fps/30fps

yep same speed.

Granted the actual fluidity is what I am talking about, but still I found that any of the DMC's from the original quadrilogy are quicker then this game. Even Devil May Cry 2 seems to be a faster experience

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA976TmfCuw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDE5cce1SUQ

Ah, my bad then. I assumed it was another one of those nonsensical shot at the framerate. I personally found this a lot faster than DMC4 before turbo, and I'm still having trouble adapting to DMC3 because it feels a little slower. No idea why I feel this way, but turbo mode definitely helps me out.
#28360pages(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2013 10:07:38 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
360pages posted...

If the game hadn't been released, you wouldn't have made this topic either. So, I fail to see your point with the lack of a turbo mode.

But then again, you would probably make a topic pointing the lack of something else, which by the way it's useless, considering your view about the game.

Hating one thing less wouldn't change anything, considering you hate everything else. You might well make a topic asking why didn't they release DMC 5...

Well, if the game didn't have so many flaws then I wouldn't need to make a topic about those flaws now would I?

What you're saying is, because I hate the game, it automatically makes my complaints, valid or not invalid.

It's like saying I hate Sonic 06, and then listing flaws, but my opinion doesn't matter since I hate the game? No matter what it did wrong.
---
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
#29SiLVeR_420Posted 3/10/2013 10:07:43 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
360pages posted...

You have some flawless logic there dood.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#30lokithefoolPosted 3/10/2013 10:12:11 PM
Most likely with significantly less frames to every animation DmC feels like it is quicker, but in reality it is like watching footage from a movie as compared to a soap opera. Your brain finds the 30 FPS more soothing because that is what you are use to IE seeing less information happening on screen. When people get use to 60 fps they usually prefer it more. Even Edison recommended 48 fps to avoid eye strain when they where first coming out with camera's.