everyone gets their opinion

#31QCTeamkillPosted 3/15/2013 8:47:47 AM
Which Day 1 DLC? You mean the pre-order bonuses?
#32StrelokPosted 3/15/2013 10:01:38 AM
VINOs Downfall.
When you announce a DLC before the demo has hit, something is terribly wrong. Yes, not available at day 1, but seriously. Announce it when the DEMO is not out? Tsk tsk tsk.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#33QCTeamkillPosted 3/15/2013 10:33:41 AM
Strelok posted...
VINOs Downfall.
When you announce a DLC before the demo has hit, something is terribly wrong. Yes, not available at day 1, but seriously. Announce it when the DEMO is not out? Tsk tsk tsk.

M'kay, that point really lost its sharp, suddenly.
#34StrelokPosted 3/15/2013 10:49:17 AM
It can get better, at first they said there'd be *NO* DLC.
Of course this was in a 2010 interview.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
#35DifferentialEquationPosted 3/15/2013 6:08:25 PM
There are people that simply disliked game, expressed their opinion and then moved on to some other game. But a lot of people were apparently so emotionally invested in the the series and character that they felt personally wronged when it was changed, so sticking around here and bashing it and anyone who dared to enjoy it is all they have to make themselves feel better. It's funny, these people claimed "It's not just because his hair color is different!", but by their actions they're basically proving that they were in love the previous Dante and are unable to deal with it and move on, like a butthurt boyfriend/girlfriend after a break up.
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#36StrelokPosted 3/16/2013 4:13:06 AM
^
Utterly clueless on our motives and reasoning and takes the actions of about 5 people for the actions of apparently 2 million people if sales are any indication.

Yes we love the original Dante (Hint: It's not just the hair. It's personality and attitude)
We don't always bash someone saying they like this thing. I'm ok with it if someone likes it. Take me, I absolutely adore Airwolf but I can still see where the flaws are in the series (especially later on, ouch). I will not bash someone for not liking it because I know the series is not for everyone.

However, when someone starts claiming that it is better than the originals, THEN we start bashing them as at that point it's clear they never even played DMC2, let alone 1, 3 and 4.
We have been supporting the franchise for 10 years. Through DMC2 even, which was pretty damned bad. But we held hopes and behold, DMC3 descended from the studios and it was glorious. DMC4 expanded on the already amazing combat.

And then DmC comes around, which is not just a total overhaul visually (I don't give a big damn about visuals, I still play MS-DOS games for Haruhi Suzumiyas sake) but also in style and attitude.
Nothing is recognizable anymore, hell they can't even pronounce the names properly.
Now add in the constant insults to the old franchise *AND* ourselves, as in "not cool anymore" (insulting no way how you slice it, especially when you get trailer trash in return), "would get laughed out of any bar outside Tokyo" (On the other hand, this delinquent would be refused admittance entirely, in any sensible bar in the world) and that "Those who complain secretly like it".
This is all incentive to stay and not you OR your horribly misinformed and insulting opinion can change that.

Door is to your left.
---
#37DifferentialEquationPosted 3/16/2013 8:08:54 AM
Strelok posted...
^
Utterly clueless on our motives and reasoning and takes the actions of about 5 people for the actions of apparently 2 million people if sales are any indication.

Yes we love the original Dante (Hint: It's not just the hair. It's personality and attitude)
We don't always bash someone saying they like this thing. I'm ok with it if someone likes it. Take me, I absolutely adore Airwolf but I can still see where the flaws are in the series (especially later on, ouch). I will not bash someone for not liking it because I know the series is not for everyone.

However, when someone starts claiming that it is better than the originals, THEN we start bashing them as at that point it's clear they never even played DMC2, let alone 1, 3 and 4.
We have been supporting the franchise for 10 years. Through DMC2 even, which was pretty damned bad. But we held hopes and behold, DMC3 descended from the studios and it was glorious. DMC4 expanded on the already amazing combat.

And then DmC comes around, which is not just a total overhaul visually (I don't give a big damn about visuals, I still play MS-DOS games for Haruhi Suzumiyas sake) but also in style and attitude.
Nothing is recognizable anymore, hell they can't even pronounce the names properly.
Now add in the constant insults to the old franchise *AND* ourselves, as in "not cool anymore" (insulting no way how you slice it, especially when you get trailer trash in return), "would get laughed out of any bar outside Tokyo" (On the other hand, this delinquent would be refused admittance entirely, in any sensible bar in the world) and that "Those who complain secretly like it".
This is all incentive to stay and not you OR your horribly misinformed and insulting opinion can change that.

Door is to your left.

Okay. Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 were my favorite games of all time. I was upset when they changed it from an RPG to a console dungeon crawler type game, but I didn't go around insulting people who liked the game or make a bunch of complaint topics on the board. I just played other games.

There's nothing wrong with disliking or hating the game, and even expressing your opinion. But you can barely make a gameplay related topic on this board without someone coming in and saying "lol vorgil and donte suck".
---
I want to move to a nice, quaint house in the suburbs with the T-Mobile girl and make lots of babies with her.
#38StrelokPosted 3/16/2013 11:21:15 AM
DifferentialEquation posted...
Strelok posted...
^

Door is to your left.

Okay. Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 were my favorite games of all time. I was upset when they changed it from an RPG to a console dungeon crawler type game, but I didn't go around insulting people who liked the game or make a bunch of complaint topics on the board. I just played other games.

There's nothing wrong with disliking or hating the game, and even expressing your opinion. But you can barely make a gameplay related topic on this board without someone coming in and saying "lol vorgil and donte suck".

Those gauntlet style games carried the name Baldurs Gate took place in Baldurs Gate, they just had nothing to do with the Bhaalspawn saga. Not to mention that it was very clear from the start that those were spinoffs, they had no chance to threaten the actual Bhaalspawn saga, unlike this thing which could outright kill the entire DMC franchise.

Plus, we get so many damned topics of "Lolz it's just the hair" as well. Troll topics cancel eachother out. Hell, look at that Mixor guy, who somehow seems to be completely convinced that this game getting good reviews is immediate grounds for calling the game good (It isn't), and refuses to read into technical aspects as to why this game is inferior than DMC 1, 3 and 4 (2 debatable), let alone the more modern competition (Bayo, MGR, etc)

Usually saying that you like the game, IN A NORMAL MANNER, will get you a normal reply. This is not always the case. In fact, I'd say that most of the time, the gameplay topics on this board are trollish in nature themselves.

PS: Boo says that a franchise dying because of people at the top being more mentally incapable than Minsc is a sad state of affairs and that the Miniature Giant Space Hamster invasion should solve the problem.
---
#39PunkMcThrustPosted 3/16/2013 11:24:17 AM
DifferentialEquation posted...
There are people that simply disliked game, expressed their opinion and then moved on to some other game. But a lot of people were apparently so emotionally invested in the the series and character that they felt personally wronged when it was changed, so sticking around here and bashing it and anyone who dared to enjoy it is all they have to make themselves feel better. It's funny, these people claimed "It's not just because his hair color is different!", but by their actions they're basically proving that they were in love the previous Dante and are unable to deal with it and move on, like a butthurt boyfriend/girlfriend after a break up.

Yeah I have 1000+ hours in DMC3 over a haircut. Couldn't possibly be that I loved the gameplay. Which was entirely changed and made far worse in DmC.
---
Armstrong for President
#40SilentS89Posted 3/16/2013 2:07:25 PM
If a change causes "suddenly everyone hates" to occur, perhaps they shouldn't be hellbent on keeping said change.