Random question but...what if Nero was a girl?

#11Maiken100Posted 3/12/2013 5:09:09 PM
Green_Puff posted...
I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going.

*Sits on couch*

Such a green puff
#12syctheweilderPosted 3/12/2013 5:09:46 PM
If it were any other series i'd be apprehensive; especially given japan's track record with female characterization, but besides the occasionally cheesecake-ey clothing design(Gloria was a joke more than anything else), Devil May Cry treats it's females with a surprising amount of respect.

The only problem with making Nero female comes near the halfway point when he is imprisoned within the savior and Dante has to clean her mess. It would carry the unfortunate implication that their difference in power comes from their gender and not Dante's years of experience. This would be made even worse if we exclude Kyrie from the equation as Sanctus would no longer have an advantage over Nero, and her capture would only make her seem foolish, which may seem misplaced when she had been shown to make sport of several powerful demons previously.

To really drive home the point that it's age and experience that separates Dante and Nero, it may even be necessary to make Nero a fair bit younger, at which point we start to infringe on gameplay design, as a smaller character would require a complete moveset reworking to accommodate her shorter reach. On the upside, this would make the devil bringer an even more valuable tool to the player and encourage it's use.

Interstingly enough if we do the same with Kyrie, it carries the added bonus of her still being able to sing in the soprano range more feasibly as a boy than if he were a young man.
#13A_Nonny_MoosePosted 3/12/2013 10:43:49 PM
I think it would have been more interesting if Kyrie was a man. Keep everything exactly the same, Kyrie is the same cardboard cutout damsel in distress character and Nero doesn't act any different, but it's a gay relationship. Would have been cool.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#14CykloneTigerPosted 3/13/2013 12:31:09 AM
Interestingly enough if we do the same with Kyrie, it carries the added bonus of her still being able to sing in the soprano range more feasibly as a boy than if he were a young man.

This also keeps the dynamic with Credo pretty much the same, especially the scene after the Angelo Credo boss fight. Just replace sister with brother.
---
I like what I do, I do what I like
I can quit and get it back like I'm ridin' a bike
#15Edward_R_MurrowPosted 3/13/2013 12:52:17 AM
Well, there would certainly be an awkward moment when Dante finds out that Nero is his niece after he likely spouted a bunch of goofy pick-up lines.
---
dfsdfsddfsdfsddf
#16ScreamingMidgetPosted 3/13/2013 1:31:14 AM
Would he be lezzers with Kyrie?

I'd support that s***.
#17produnerPosted 3/13/2013 1:53:05 AM
I'd do both versions , but a threesome with kyrie and female nero will suffice.
#18Gogito4Posted 3/13/2013 2:07:04 AM
If they didn't change Kyrie's genre it would be even better.
---
Excited for: MHTri U, Fire Emblem Awakening, FFVSXIII (It will come out... eventually. Right?)
Dissidia 012: Main:Terra Subs:Squall,WoL,Cloud and Kain.