will people stop referring to DmC as a brawler or H&S?!

#21Maiken100Posted 3/14/2013 4:22:48 AM
sillycatsteven posted...
ShadoVao posted...
sillycatsteven posted...
DmC is a action/platform game....

it has almost equal amount of platforming sections and fighting sections. only action/platform games like Rachet and Clank are like this.

What do you count as a hack&slash game? Most games I count as h&s (ninja gaiden, god of war, onimusha) have elements of platformers or RPGs.

I always thought the original DMC revived the H&S genre.

amount of H&S elements vs. other elements... if half of the game is has H&S elements and half platforming, then it probably should be classified as platforming. the only H&S i've played are DMC and Bayonetta, they don't contain platforming sections in all mission and their platforming sections don't normally take up about 50% of the total missions....
H&S have other elements, but at least 75% should be H&S... eg, you can have levels and upgrades, but your level shouldn't affect your playthrough as much as a RPG. using ARPG as an example, you usually can't fight the final boss with level 1, not upgraded character (challenge runs not include), but for a H&S, you can fight the final boss with non-upgraded character. it'll be slightly more difficult, but not to the level of impossible.

*sneezes* Sorry I'm allergic to bs.
#22ramzariotPosted 3/14/2013 4:26:01 AM
Maiken100 posted...

Life must be hell for you.
---
I grow tired of the foolish foolery of foolish fools.
#23Maiken100Posted 3/14/2013 4:37:31 AM
ramzariot posted...
Maiken100 posted...

Life must be hell for you.

My allergies went crazy when I answered the door to some Jehova's Witnesses.
#24sillycatsteven(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 4:38:20 AM
Maiken100 posted...

i never knew you can be allergic to yourself?! saying something is bs without prove it is actually bs is bs...
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.
#25Maiken100Posted 3/14/2013 4:43:05 AM
sillycatsteven posted...
Maiken100 posted...

i never knew you can be allergic to yourself?! saying something is bs without prove it is actually bs is bs...

Oh that's ok, your posts are proof enough.
#26Orange00Posted 3/14/2013 4:43:53 AM
This is silly.

I suppose previous DMCs were sports games then.
All the time you're running corridors and jumping height, not to mention all the gymnastics and acrobatics..
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#27sillycatsteven(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 4:50:32 AM
Orange00 posted...
This is silly.

All the time you're running corridors and jumping height, not to mention all the gymnastics and acrobatics..

do you actually see how silly your statement is?
---
PSN: SillyCat659221 Add Me, i'm in NZ
Go now, if you want it / Another world awaits you.
#28Orange00Posted 3/14/2013 5:25:12 AM
sillycatsteven posted...
Orange00 posted...
This is silly.

do you actually see how silly your statement is?

yes. Very. Just as this topic.
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!