Just beat DmC: Devil May Cry...I loved this game!

#111The_Zora_KingPosted 4/7/2013 2:01:46 AM
At level 20!
---
Last Film Watched: A Serbian Film
My Thoughts: I actually enjoyed it >_> That wasn't so bad.
#112Zora_Prince(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 7:56:17 PM
Just beat Devil May Cry 3! I enjoyed it a lot. That final battle was tough, but I said I wouldn't use an item and I didn't.

Overall, my thoughts:

Story: The story itself started out interesting with the relationship between the brothers, but I felt that the father of Lady wasn't that interesting and just got in the way of their relationship. I was kind of embarrassed to be watching the scenes where he was laughing manically and might as well have been trilling a mustache. I liked him more as a dark supporting character for what he did to become a demon.

One scene which I thought was really well done was at the end, before the final battle where Lady kills his father. That was beautifully done.

However, otherwise, I didn't really find the plot that special. Angry Joe said Nero was bloodthirsty for power but was more complicated because he had a sense of honor, and I really didn't see it. Maybe you could give me some examples?

I overall, preferred the plot itself in DmC. I liked the setting and I liked the premise a lot.

Gameplay: I'm once again glad I had the checkpoints. Some parts would have been a nightmare without them. With it, I was actually able to enjoy the game and the battles without worrying that if I lose, I'll have to redo the entire level again.

Although it's definitely more challenging and skill-based, it is quite different from DmC. That does not mean DmC is bad. Just different. I've said that I enjoy these more skill-oriented action games like Bayonetta and Devil May Cry, but I also enjoy more casual action games like God of War (and now DmC).

Overall, 8/10 Really enjoyed it. Not sure if I'll replay it again on Hard Mode. That could be difficult...
---
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
#113Malus_X6Posted 4/8/2013 7:59:43 PM
Now go back and play as Vergil.

The missions may very well be the same, but the gameplay and cutscenes change.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#114The_Zora_KingPosted 4/8/2013 8:03:38 PM
Malus_X6 posted...

Then do I get to see his side of honor?
---
#115Malus_X6Posted 4/8/2013 8:06:29 PM
Somewhat. It's been a while since I played as Vergil. I've taken far too long a break from DMC3. I'm around halfway done with Dante, but it takes me forever since I go back, grind for red orbs, and buy as many upgrades as I can then repeat the whole thing over again.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#116Dark_EpathyPosted 4/8/2013 8:16:15 PM
Vergil's sense of honor is more suggested than stated. His disdain for guns, his insistence on fighting Dante one-on-one, etc.--these things suggest he has his own personal code of ethics when it comes to getting what he wants and conducting himself with other people.

That said, he's not a good guy in the slightest. He's driven by his inability to protect his mother, but he's much less mature than Dante is by the end of the game, ironically.

Oh, and a lot of the honor talk comes from DMC1, too, where Dante kind of explicitly says Nelo Angelo has "guts and honor."
---
"We are the greater good." -- Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead
#117Ink-RibbonPosted 4/8/2013 8:24:50 PM
Malus_X6 posted...

There is only one new cutscene in Vergil's gameplay for DMC 3, and it's for the first mission.

The rest of the game is the same, same enemies, same bosses. Basically, you play Dante's game as Vergil. Even the last boss is Vergil with Dante's skin, thus being called Vante.
#118The_Zora_KingPosted 4/8/2013 8:25:21 PM
I was told that Nelo Angelo was Virgil. Will that be revealed when I play as Vergil?
---
#119The_Zora_KingPosted 4/8/2013 8:29:16 PM
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Malus_X6 posted...

There is only one new cutscene in Vergil's gameplay for DMC 3, and it's for the first mission.

The rest of the game is the same, same enemies, same bosses. Basically, you play Dante's game as Vergil. Even the last boss is Vergil with Dante's skin, thus being called Vante.

...can I play in Spanish then? Spanish is my second language, and it would be good practice.
---
#120Ink-RibbonPosted 4/8/2013 8:36:09 PM
The_Zora_King posted...
I was told that Nelo Angelo was Virgil. Will that be revealed when I play as Vergil?

No, that's explained in DMC 1.