Just beat DmC: Devil May Cry...I loved this game!

#121Ink-RibbonPosted 4/8/2013 8:37:11 PM
The_Zora_King posted...
Ink-Ribbon posted...
Malus_X6 posted...
Now go back and play as Vergil.

The missions may very well be the same, but the gameplay and cutscenes change.

There is only one new cutscene in Vergil's gameplay for DMC 3, and it's for the first mission.

The rest of the game is the same, same enemies, same bosses. Basically, you play Dante's game as Vergil. Even the last boss is Vergil with Dante's skin, thus being called Vante.

...can I play in Spanish then? Spanish is my second language, and it would be good practice.

I'm not sure about it, I think you can. i may be wrong, though...
#122The_Zora_KingPosted 4/8/2013 9:04:25 PM
Nevermind, it doesn't change the dub :(
---
Last Film Watched: A Serbian Film
My Thoughts: I actually enjoyed it >_> That wasn't so bad.
#123The_Zora_KingPosted 4/8/2013 9:47:46 PM
I'll play through it some other time. I have a huge backlog to play. I'm almost done with Dues Ex: Human Revolution, so I'll go finish that.

Afterwards, what do you guys recommend I finish?

Uncharted 2: Very early when they're robbing the museum

Fallout 3: Very late. I've just grown so bored of this game. I had a lot of fun: 150 hours logged in. However, I now realize everything is so pointless: I can't level up anymore, money is useless, and I'm ready for the game to end.

Final Fantasy XIII-2: Still pretty early. I'm not really enjoying it much (I wish I had a third party member rather than these stupid monsters) and I'm disappointed to hear that the areas are still pretty small.

Actually, I think I know what I want to play: Tomb Raider II :D I'm really enjoying it a lot. I miss the PS1 era.
---
Last Film Watched: A Serbian Film
My Thoughts: I actually enjoyed it >_> That wasn't so bad.
#124NostalgiaRulesPosted 4/8/2013 10:17:28 PM
Zora_Prince posted...
Just beat Devil May Cry 3! I enjoyed it a lot. That final battle was tough, but I said I wouldn't use an item and I didn't.

Overall, my thoughts:

Story: The story itself started out interesting with the relationship between the brothers, but I felt that the father of Lady wasn't that interesting and just got in the way of their relationship. I was kind of embarrassed to be watching the scenes where he was laughing manically and might as well have been trilling a mustache. I liked him more as a dark supporting character for what he did to become a demon.

One scene which I thought was really well done was at the end, before the final battle where Lady kills his father. That was beautifully done.

However, otherwise, I didn't really find the plot that special. Angry Joe said Nero was bloodthirsty for power but was more complicated because he had a sense of honor, and I really didn't see it. Maybe you could give me some examples?

I overall, preferred the plot itself in DmC. I liked the setting and I liked the premise a lot.

Gameplay: I'm once again glad I had the checkpoints. Some parts would have been a nightmare without them. With it, I was actually able to enjoy the game and the battles without worrying that if I lose, I'll have to redo the entire level again.

Although it's definitely more challenging and skill-based, it is quite different from DmC. That does not mean DmC is bad. Just different. I've said that I enjoy these more skill-oriented action games like Bayonetta and Devil May Cry, but I also enjoy more casual action games like God of War (and now DmC).

Overall, 8/10 Really enjoyed it. Not sure if I'll replay it again on Hard Mode. That could be difficult...

Nero was similar to Vergil, but quite different. While he wanted more power, he wanted it to protect Kyrie. And while Nero wanted to beat Credo senseless for getting Kyrie involved in the whole mess, he still cared for Credo like an older brother and reached for his hand when Credo fell to Sanctus. I wouldn't call Nero bloodthirsty for power, but he definitely had a drive to keep him fighting.
---
Newer isn't always better.
And I shall keep Dante's Force Edge polished and sharp till he comes back.
#125Dark_EpathyPosted 4/8/2013 10:59:49 PM
Honestly, I don't recommend even finishing FFXIII-2. I liked the original, but the second one isn't that great. I had to force myself through it, and it wasn't really worth it at all.

Good music and character beats, though.
---
"We are the greater good." -- Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead
#126KyryloPosted 4/9/2013 1:27:29 AM
Dark_Epathy posted...
Honestly, I don't recommend even finishing FFXIII-2. I liked the original, but the second one isn't that great. I had to force myself through it, and it wasn't really worth it at all.

Good music and character beats, though.

I'd say that from point of gameplay it's better than FF XIII with being not so linear. They story and characters are weak though. And Caius >than Sephiroth? NAH
#127Dark_EpathyPosted 4/9/2013 4:26:37 PM
I'd actually say the gameplay is worse. It feels as though SE took the criticism of linearity and said, "Okay, here's a bunch of stuff to do and things to collect."

Except they forgot to make any of it fun or meaningful. : \

It's just a messy game. My opinion of it continues to sour with time.
---
"We are the greater good." -- Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead
#128RayconPosted 4/9/2013 7:39:25 PM
Zora_Prince posted...
However, otherwise, I didn't really find the plot that special. Angry Joe said Nero was bloodthirsty for power but was more complicated because he had a sense of honor, and I really didn't see it. Maybe you could give me some examples?

I think meant Nelo here (as in Nelo Angelo)? Vergil, right? Cause Nero is the protagonist of DMC4. Which makes this kind of confusing.

Overall, 8/10 Really enjoyed it. Not sure if I'll replay it again on Hard Mode. That could be difficult...

Hard mode really isn't that tough until the end. Those last few missions just wiped the floor with me. I'm curious if you went back and did the secret missions in DMC3? Those were some of the really fun parts for me. Some of them are unfair as hell; I don't know how you could figure out what to do if you didn't look it up. = /
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#129Zora_Prince(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 9:50:16 AM
Dark_Epathy posted...
I'd actually say the gameplay is worse. It feels as though SE took the criticism of linearity and said, "Okay, here's a bunch of stuff to do and things to collect."

Except they forgot to make any of it fun or meaningful. : \

It's just a messy game. My opinion of it continues to sour with time.

I remember going through Lake Basha or something and thinking "Yes, an area to get lost in! An area to explore! They finally learned!" only to learn that that was one of the two biggest area in the game...it really isn't that huge. Rather, a bunch of small hubs...

Why could Final Fantasy XII not have been the new direction they took for the series and the game that got the trilogy.
---
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
#130Malus_X6Posted 4/10/2013 12:35:03 PM
I still think that Dragon Quest VIII is the best console RPG SquareEnix has released in a very long time.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI