Just beat DmC: Devil May Cry...I loved this game!

#151RayconPosted 4/14/2013 2:24:02 PM
The_Zora_King posted...
Raycon posted...
ZoraPrincess posted...
I feel fortunate that I enjoyed both the original series and the reboot. I'll be happy with whatever decision Capcom makes, so long as they continue the series.

Can't say the same for Tomb Raider...which I still doubt they'll ever bring puzzles which require brain cells to solve.

I feel there is something ironic about this. You can't say the same for Tomb Raider, but your position is identical to those who despise the direction of DmC. There is some critical element missing in both "reboots" and both have their dedicated fanbases that lament its passing. If anything, you should be able to identify with that sect very easily.

I don't know what you mean. I said earlier in the topic that I do understand what they are going through, as my series was dumbed down as well. However, DmC fans seem incapable of understanding somebody else going through what they went through with another series. I'm told "It's get better with the sequels! It needed a reboot!"

I'm saying I can't say the same about Tomb Raider, because I'm still highly pessimistic that they'll ever have the classical elements back. No more tough or satisfying puzzles because stupid people are too stupid to solve them and because "It breaks up the narrative!" Uncharted style action pieces and action and people who never liked the series in the past saying "This is how it should be! Like a huge Indiana Jones adventure!"

Raycon, about Assassin's Creed...what I see in Uncharted is what I'm wary about encountering in Assassin's Creed: Constant handholding, constant stopping and explaining what you need to do, constant scripted moments...is that what the Assassin's Creed games have?

That wasn't a slam against you, just pointing out the parallel between your position with Tomb Raider, and at least mine with DmC. And I agree, the converse is also true. As someone who suffered by having to watch DmC reduced to this sad abomination, I have at least some inkling of what you feel watching Tomb Raider become oversimplified for masses that cannot appreciate the originals for what they were.

I did not find Assassin's Creed nearly as bad as Uncharted in the platforming department. Assassin's Creed offered me much more freedom in that arena; the whole game was platforming freedom (even if a bit simple by the standards of past games). Scaling a scripted cliff-face for 30 seconds by contrast (as you might find in Uncharted) felt like a staple. Something they tossed in to break up the action segments so its monotonous nature might not be so obvious.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#152Psychochild27Posted 4/14/2013 2:34:11 PM(edited)
Zora_Prince posted...
Also, I thought the platforming in DmC was a great addition. It gave you the feeling of having superpowers and was a break from the constant action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjsuGB3S92Q&t=1m2s

I prefer it take a touch more effort to look like a super hero myself...

/God I miss Royal Guard.
#153darkness1018Posted 4/14/2013 6:30:13 PM
I agree TC. As someone whos been with DMC since day 1, i also really like DmC. While not fav in terms of gameplay, it has my fav story and i love the attitude of Dante in DmC more then i did in the other DMC games.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita)
#154Zora_Prince(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 12:34:06 PM
One thing I absolutely hated was not having to ability to switch your weapons or Styles anytime. Honestly, 90% of the time, I only used Trickster because I felt disadvantaged without it and knew I would have to find another statue if I wanted to change. Same for only being able to carry around two weapons. DMC1 allowed me to change whenever I wanted. Why can't I do that in this game?
---
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
#155OracleGunnerPosted 4/16/2013 12:48:40 PM
Zora_Prince posted...
One thing I absolutely hated was not having to ability to switch your weapons or Styles anytime. Honestly, 90% of the time, I only used Trickster because I felt disadvantaged without it and knew I would have to find another statue if I wanted to change. Same for only being able to carry around two weapons. DMC1 allowed me to change whenever I wanted. Why can't I do that in this game?

In DMC3? Change in perspective from DMC, so the combat would be more flowing, if you notice the move set for each weapon is quite large, they all handle differently. Personally I stuck with swordmaster and found it to be a much better combat experience than trickster. Also you can switch weapons instantly the carrying amount wasn't an annoyance since It made for a cleaner fight in those days. Besides Vergil gets access to all his weapons on the fly + since he only uses the one style statues are a thing of the past.
In DMC4 you don't have to worry about that Dante gets access to all his weapons and styles on the fly.
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
PM me if you get from where is my sig. People who got it:1
#156The_Zora_KingPosted 4/18/2013 5:04:40 PM
OracleGunner posted...
Zora_Prince posted...

In DMC3? Change in perspective from DMC, so the combat would be more flowing, if you notice the move set for each weapon is quite large, they all handle differently. Personally I stuck with swordmaster and found it to be a much better combat experience than trickster. Also you can switch weapons instantly the carrying amount wasn't an annoyance since It made for a cleaner fight in those days. Besides Vergil gets access to all his weapons on the fly + since he only uses the one style statues are a thing of the past.
In DMC4 you don't have to worry about that Dante gets access to all his weapons and styles on the fly.

I think I should be able to choose whether or not I want to I interrupt the flow of combat. Besides, I needed it to break stayed and have the right style for the battle. I rarely wanted to switch in the middle of combat.
---
Last Film Watched: A Serbian Film
My Thoughts: I actually enjoyed it >_> That wasn't so bad.
#157RayconPosted 4/18/2013 7:54:31 PM
Zora_Prince posted...

About the Trickster comment, I was exactly the same as you starting out. I used it like a crutch and felt so handicapped without it.

Short version, I practiced with the game more and found that the game is just as manageable with only jumpping/dodging. After so much practice with Gunslinger/Swordmaster, it's hard to go back to just Trickster. I feel so naked without the extra combat moves. Never got good with Royal Guard or the other gimmick styles though.

= (

About weapon switching, there were only 3-4 weapons I ever really wanted to use at any one time, so picking only two of them really wasn't a big deal for me. I stick to Rebellion/Agni or Rebellion/Beowulf pretty much. It's a valid complaint, but not one that ever hurt me any. The crazy number of moves at your disposal with swordmaster, for one, is just incredible and doesn't leave me wanting.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#158akira_hisyamPosted 4/18/2013 8:44:02 PM(edited)
the game is mediocre but still fun,my brother having fun sometime but not me =p

but to claim this game is high quality game that were BS blindly statement,seriously,this game is high quality game ?

im fine if you have alot of fun but it funny,what high quality game this game have? the combat? combat is button mash,doing same combo again and again still give A rank or above,story? story is a bad joke of shakespear.graphic? subpar use alot of same color red/orange and blue,boss fight? is a terrible joke lame lazier design,mundus and succubus are not great boss fight it just platformer fight,nothing new already make a countless time in any video game,hell even savior boss fight in dmc4 were great rather than mundus/poison boss fight.
---
i wont let the last heaven honor die with it champion-war
#159Zora_Prince(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 9:42:10 AM
It might not be a high quality Devil May Cry game, but as a stand alone game, it's high quality. if you compare the combat system to God of War, where it has less depth, it's excellent and even deeper than that. I felt encouraged to use a variety of weapons and styles. The production values are high, with the animations seamless, the glitches few, the slowdown rare (only experienced it once), the graphics amazing (I didn't have the complain you had), and the style unique. Even if you didn't like it, you can't deny the production values are high and it is a competently made game.

Honestly, I keep finding myself desiring to play it, but can't, because I rented it. I'm waiting for it to become cheaper. Can't wait to pick it up again.
---
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
#1605hadowsPosted 4/19/2013 9:49:15 AM
Zora_Prince posted...
It might not be a high quality Devil May Cry game, but as a stand alone game, it's high quality. if you compare the combat system to God of War, where it has less depth, it's excellent and even deeper than that. I felt encouraged to use a variety of weapons and styles. The production values are high, with the animations seamless, the glitches few, the slowdown rare (only experienced it once), the graphics amazing (I didn't have the complain you had), and the style unique. Even if you didn't like it, you can't deny the production values are high and it is a competently made game.

Honestly, I keep finding myself desiring to play it, but can't, because I rented it. I'm waiting for it to become cheaper. Can't wait to pick it up again.

As a stand alone it is good, nothing more.
Color coded enemies, underpowered and overpowered weapons don't encourage variety on the gameplay.
The production values are too high for a game that sold almost half a million.
---
Ill add something here later....