Just beat DmC: Devil May Cry...I loved this game!

#161RayconPosted 4/19/2013 10:52:59 AM
5hadows posted...
Zora_Prince posted...
It might not be a high quality Devil May Cry game, but as a stand alone game, it's high quality. if you compare the combat system to God of War, where it has less depth, it's excellent and even deeper than that. I felt encouraged to use a variety of weapons and styles. The production values are high, with the animations seamless, the glitches few, the slowdown rare (only experienced it once), the graphics amazing (I didn't have the complain you had), and the style unique. Even if you didn't like it, you can't deny the production values are high and it is a competently made game.

Honestly, I keep finding myself desiring to play it, but can't, because I rented it. I'm waiting for it to become cheaper. Can't wait to pick it up again.

As a stand alone it is good, nothing more.
Color coded enemies, underpowered and overpowered weapons don't encourage variety on the gameplay.
The production values are too high for a game that sold almost half a million.

Why are trying to tell him his opinion? He's entitled to think what he wants.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#1625hadowsPosted 4/19/2013 10:56:01 AM
Raycon posted...
5hadows posted...
Zora_Prince posted...
It might not be a high quality Devil May Cry game, but as a stand alone game, it's high quality. if you compare the combat system to God of War, where it has less depth, it's excellent and even deeper than that. I felt encouraged to use a variety of weapons and styles. The production values are high, with the animations seamless, the glitches few, the slowdown rare (only experienced it once), the graphics amazing (I didn't have the complain you had), and the style unique. Even if you didn't like it, you can't deny the production values are high and it is a competently made game.

Honestly, I keep finding myself desiring to play it, but can't, because I rented it. I'm waiting for it to become cheaper. Can't wait to pick it up again.

Color coded enemies, underpowered and overpowered weapons don't encourage variety on the gameplay.

facts > opinion.
---
Ill add something here later....
#163RayconPosted 4/19/2013 11:00:42 AM
5hadows posted...
Raycon posted...
5hadows posted...
Zora_Prince posted...

facts > opinion.

I don't think it's high quality either, but taste is relative. The same design choices I feel hold the game back could easily be the thing that someone enjoys most.

I say this as someone who still craves a Resident Evil that operates using tank controls and fixed camera angles. I know what it's like to be the minority who's personal tastes are constantly trivialized.
---
#1645hadowsPosted 4/19/2013 11:04:29 AM
Raycon posted...
5hadows posted...
Raycon posted...
5hadows posted...
Zora_Prince posted...

facts > opinion.

I don't think it's high quality either, but taste is relative. The same design choices I feel hold the game back could easily be the thing that someone enjoys most.

I say this as someone who still craves a Resident Evil that operates using tank controls and fixed camera angles. I know what it's like to be the minority who's personal tastes are constantly trivialized.

I don't mind if people consider it fun to play but saying it is a good game is plain wrong.

I love broken games, like that Fist of North Star fighting game that I think it is a really fun but bad and broken as a fighting game.
---
#165RayconPosted 4/19/2013 11:37:16 AM
5hadows posted...
Raycon posted...
5hadows posted...
Raycon posted...
5hadows posted...
Zora_Prince posted...

facts > opinion.

I don't mind if people consider it fun to play but saying it is a good game is plain wrong.

I love broken games, like that Fist of North Star fighting game that I think it is a really fun but bad and broken as a fighting game.

Well, I appreciate that you have the humility to admit that you enjoy something that is not "good" by conventional standards. I don't think we are wholly in disagreement; I think I personally just perceive things as much more relative than you do, and by that nature, I don't think either way is lesser than the other.
---
#166Dark_EpathyPosted 4/19/2013 12:14:13 PM

This is kind of an absurd criticism. Who cares if the game was too expensive? The production values are still high, and that's a benefit to the game, not a detriment.

As for the game being objectively bad . . . I don't see it. The combat is competent at worst and pretty fun at best. The color-coded enemies and lack of moves do hold it back, but they don't make it bad. With the exception of the game's glitches, everything is fairly well done.
---
"We are the greater good." -- Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead
#1675hadowsPosted 4/19/2013 12:16:37 PM
Dark_Epathy posted...

This is kind of an absurd criticism. Who cares if the game was too expensive? The production values are still high, and that's a benefit to the game, not a detriment.

As for the game being objectively bad . . . I don't see it. The combat is competent at worst and pretty fun at best. The color-coded enemies and lack of moves do hold it back, but they don't make it bad. With the exception of the game's glitches, everything is fairly well done.

NT likes having budget for AAA games when they can't produce them, that's why in the end they end up using the budget badly and every single game they produced flops.
---
#168Zora_Prince(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 10:50:30 PM(edited)

DmC isn't broken as an action game. Solid combat, solid platforming, fluid gameplay, high production graphics and cutscenes...it was a very well made video game. Compare that to something such as Silent Hill: Downpour, which was riddled with slowdown, mediocre graphics, stuttering, and glitches, and you'll so a huge difference.

You'll probably tell me "The weapons are unbalanced! It's poorly made!" In most more casual action games (God of War), the weapons are unbalanced. That doesn't stop them from being broken. I found myself using all melee weapons but the fists.
---
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
#169RagueltheUFOPosted 4/19/2013 10:51:05 PM
DmC is as broken as Sonic 06. I love flying around the stages just like an alien in a UFO. That's the best part of the game that I thought DmC was a flight stimulator for a minute.
#170akira_hisyamPosted 4/20/2013 1:31:47 AM
Zora_Prince posted...

DmC isn't broken as an action game. Solid combat, solid platforming, fluid gameplay, high production graphics and cutscenes...it was a very well made video game. Compare that to something such as Silent Hill: Downpour, which was riddled with slowdown, mediocre graphics, stuttering, and glitches, and you'll so a huge difference.

You'll probably tell me "The weapons are unbalanced! It's poorly made!" In most more casual action games (God of War), the weapons are unbalanced. That doesn't stop them from being broken. I found myself using all melee weapons but the fists.

hey,let compare this game with dm3 or dmc4 =p more solid gameplay,balance weapon, balance between platform and exploration and most important graphic and cutscene esspecially in dmc4 are so ulalala =)
---
i wont let the last heaven honor die with it champion-war