Just beat DmC: Devil May Cry...I loved this game!

#1715hadowsPosted 4/20/2013 2:30:59 PM
Zora_Prince posted...
I love broken games, like that Fist of North Star fighting game that I think it is a really fun but bad and broken as a fighting game.

DmC isn't broken as an action game. Solid combat, solid platforming, fluid gameplay, high production graphics and cutscenes...it was a very well made video game. Compare that to something such as Silent Hill: Downpour, which was riddled with slowdown, mediocre graphics, stuttering, and glitches, and you'll so a huge difference.

You'll probably tell me "The weapons are unbalanced! It's poorly made!" In most more casual action games (God of War), the weapons are unbalanced. That doesn't stop them from being broken. I found myself using all melee weapons but the fists.

This game isn`t Silent hill neither God of war it is suposed to be replacing the DMC series, which honestly isn`t going to happen anymore.

The game might not be broken as the HnK fighter but it has inumerous flaws that people tend to overlook or act like they`re not there and people who hate the game for them are entitled.
---
Ill add something here later....
#172produnerPosted 4/20/2013 2:42:08 PM
Zora_Prince posted...
I love broken games, like that Fist of North Star fighting game that I think it is a really fun but bad and broken as a fighting game.

DmC isn't broken as an action game. Solid combat, solid platforming, fluid gameplay, high production graphics and cutscenes...it was a very well made video game. Compare that to something such as Silent Hill: Downpour, which was riddled with slowdown, mediocre graphics, stuttering, and glitches, and you'll so a huge difference.

You'll probably tell me "The weapons are unbalanced! It's poorly made!" In most more casual action games (God of War), the weapons are unbalanced. That doesn't stop them from being broken. I found myself using all melee weapons but the fists.

Combat is clunky, lacks balance, inaccurate hitboxes even for platforming, 30fps>input lag, washed up graphics, using bloom to hide the lack of textures and cutscenes lack textures aside from having bad character models.

The other is exactly what is happening in DmC, especially the console version, which is the original port.

DmC is a bad-average HnS game because of its lack of speed, balance, bad AI and lack of fluidity.
#173Rising_shadowPosted 4/20/2013 3:30:03 PM
I'm not sure how anyone can say the game isn't broken. Animations are poor, there's no weapon balance whatsoever, glitches abound, bosses hump the air...
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#174ZerogodlikePosted 4/20/2013 3:34:25 PM
TC is obviously a Butt hurt Pro Move along
#175RayconPosted 4/20/2013 6:27:55 PM
Zerogodlike posted...
TC is obviously a Butt hurt Pro Move along

TC is new to the series and went out to play the HD Collection shortly after. I'd say that makes him pretty fair rather than tethered to one side... barring the primacy effect, of course.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#176ZerogodlikePosted 4/21/2013 11:40:30 AM
Zora_Prince posted...

Its Very easy to tell hes a pro and people can say anything on gamefaqs. His comments just highlight what he is
#177GamenamebullyPosted 4/21/2013 11:59:12 AM
This topic gives me even more reason why I am glad I use my own personal judgement and not other peoples when it comes to games and why I hate fanbases.
---
The Only Sane Gamer.
PSN Name: Gamenamebully
#178Dark_EpathyPosted 4/21/2013 1:20:42 PM
Its Very easy to tell hes a pro and people can say anything on gamefaqs. His comments just highlight what he is

I can vouch for Zora. He posted his impressions of DMC3 as he played it on another board, and they were pretty fair.

The funny thing about glitches is that I've only encountered, like, one throughout my time playing DmC. When someone less open to the game plays it, they get a ton of glitches. I'm not defending the glitches, but it's weird that that happens.

Oh, and, of course, I have no standards. However else could I like something as broken, offensive, pitiful, sub-par, and generally nauseating as DmC?
---
"We are the greater good." -- Rick Grimes, The Walking Dead
#179Ink-RibbonPosted 4/21/2013 1:25:40 PM
produner posted...
Zora_Prince posted...

Combat is clunky, lacks balance, inaccurate hitboxes even for platforming, 30fps>input lag, washed up graphics, using bloom to hide the lack of textures and cutscenes lack textures aside from having bad character models.

The other is exactly what is happening in DmC, especially the console version, which is the original port.

DmC is a bad-average HnS game because of its lack of speed, balance, bad AI and lack of fluidity.

Did you play DmC or are you just repeating what other antis are saying?

I'm curious.