Just beat DmC: Devil May Cry...I loved this game!

#41RayconPosted 3/13/2013 7:34:34 PM
The_Zora_King posted...
How I wish that game had even a tenth of the outrage this game had.

Well at least, in that regard, you can empathize with some of the "Anti's" around here.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#42cyanide_suicidePosted 3/13/2013 8:33:09 PM
The_Zora_King posted...
Except they didn't take out puzzles or platforming. Not entirely, anyway.

It's still extremely simplified and easy in comparison to past games. The game focused more on survival, combat, and set pieces instead of the elements that made Tomb Raider famous. You can tell it changed when a majority of the people who played it say "I never like Tomb Raider in the past!"

While I do think some things that made Tomb Raider Tomb Raider going missing sucks, I think most people can at least agree that, after nine games, it was time for a reboot of that series.

DMC was in it's prime as far as both sales and gameplay were concerned when it was decided it needed a reboot. This one was completely unnecessary.
#43The_Zora_KingPosted 3/13/2013 9:13:09 PM
cyanide_suicide posted...
The_Zora_King posted...

It's still extremely simplified and easy in comparison to past games. The game focused more on survival, combat, and set pieces instead of the elements that made Tomb Raider famous. You can tell it changed when a majority of the people who played it say "I never like Tomb Raider in the past!"

While I do think some things that made Tomb Raider Tomb Raider going missing sucks, I think most people can at least agree that, after nine games, it was time for a reboot of that series.

DMC was in it's prime as far as both sales and gameplay were concerned when it was decided it needed a reboot. This one was completely unnecessary.

Legend was already a reboot...it brought the controls to the modern age, added a lot of new puzzle types with the inclusion of the grapple hook and new physics engine, and added a fresh storyline involving Lara's mother.

The setting, story, and characterization of Tomb Raider works. However, they could have incorporated classic platforming and puzzles into it. It's basically changing the identity of the series completely.
---
Last Film Watched: A Serbian Film
My Thoughts: I actually enjoyed it >_> That wasn't so bad.
#44KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 3/13/2013 9:15:17 PM
The_Zora_King posted...
cyanide_suicide posted...
The_Zora_King posted...

Legend was already a reboot...it brought the controls to the modern age, added a lot of new puzzle types with the inclusion of the grapple hook and new physics engine, and added a fresh storyline involving Lara's mother.

The setting, story, and characterization of Tomb Raider works. However, they could have incorporated classic platforming and puzzles into it. It's basically changing the identity of the series completely.

They might do that in a sequel. I haven't played TR yet, but isn't it basically her first adventure? Maybe they're saving the puzzle-y stuff for later games.
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#45donkeyjackPosted 3/13/2013 9:25:19 PM
KOTRsss, my homie, but he will get eaten alive by the likes of ProjectEBoss and Pesmerga (sp???)
#46darkslayer001Posted 3/13/2013 9:34:33 PM
Zora_Prince posted...
My experience with Devil May Cry games has been limited to the first two (Which I beat and enjoyed...the first one, at least). However, I enjoy both casual action games (The God of War series reminds me why I love video games) and more hardcore ones (Bayonetta is the only game I've ever Platinumed and I consider it one of the greatest games of all time). Despite the negative backlash this game received, I was quite curious to try it out...

I beat it in about 2 days and it was a kickass experience. The gameplay is definitely more accessible, but I loved the weapon variety, the move variety, mixing all three weapons together, using hooks, charges, guns, weak and strong attacks, lunges, juggling, and everything else.

There was indeed some cringeworthy dialog in the game...but I'm not sure if I should be ashamed to admit this or not, but I really enjoyed the story. The world and premise is unique, the story kept me engaged and wanting to take down the bad guy. Even the main trio grew on me and I did found Dante kind of a cool character, just in a different way from the original.

Finally, this was a very high-quality game. The level design was incredible most of the time. My favorite was near the end when you're storming Mundus's building. Anyone who's played it knows what I mean.

I sympathize completely with the people who really want to see the original storyline have a conclusion. However, I also think it would be tragic for this universe and world to just be abandoned. There is so much potential and still a war to be won. In a perfect world, we'll get both DMC5 and DmC2.

I just returned it after renting it. However, when I gets cheaper, I'll pick it up. I'll want to play through it again and unlock more of the secrets and beat it on a higher difficulty level.

Now, I suppose it's time to pick up the DMC HD Collection so that I can play DMC3, as well as DMC4. Just need money right now...

What do you think? Agree? Disagree? GTFO this board for posting this, Zora?

idk TC, its hard to believe you platinumed Bayonetta after your above post on DmC....
anway happy gaming and enjoy HD collection when you get it.
#47Orange00Posted 3/13/2013 10:00:49 PM
KA_ME, same can be said about DmC. Maybe a sequel would fix what's missing in current game.. No offense but it's a double-standard that reeks..

i bought tomb raider yesterday.. Haven't had time to play it yet but i'm a bit worried with what i've been hearing, easy peasy platforming and puzzle solving.. Older Tomb Raiders, PSX title to be more precise, were pretty much big platforming puzzles with some action thrown in. Puzzle filled maze-structure was certainly one of the key elements.. But meh, i hear it's still a great game :)

with DmC, they at least kept it hack n slash mostly. I'd say the biggest loss in translation was boss battles. While alright, they come nowhere near the quality in previous titles.

TC, you got good times ahead if you're going for dmc3 & 4. Best of the series.
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#48KA_ME_HA_ME_HAPosted 3/13/2013 11:34:32 PM
Orange00 posted...
KA_ME, same can be said about DmC. Maybe a sequel would fix what's missing in current game.. No offense but it's a double-standard that reeks..

i bought tomb raider yesterday.. Haven't had time to play it yet but i'm a bit worried with what i've been hearing, easy peasy platforming and puzzle solving.. Older Tomb Raiders, PSX title to be more precise, were pretty much big platforming puzzles with some action thrown in. Puzzle filled maze-structure was certainly one of the key elements.. But meh, i hear it's still a great game :)

with DmC, they at least kept it hack n slash mostly. I'd say the biggest loss in translation was boss battles. While alright, they come nowhere near the quality in previous titles.

TC, you got good times ahead if you're going for dmc3 & 4. Best of the series.

The problem with that is a lot would have to be completely changed to fix DmC. For TR, just add a few puzzles, easy enough. The gameplay wouldn't need some major overhaul. DmC on the other hand... let's just say a few small additions wouldn't fix the rest of it.

And with TR being Lara's first adventure, it's not out of the question that she doesn't encounter many puzzles. TR is about her maturing into the character we know. She's not going to know how to solve every ancient Egyptian puzzle maze right away.

DmC on the other hand... what, it took Donte until the sequel to learn how to lock on? How about the crappy engine. That would need to be remedied. From there, they could bump up the framerate, maybe make the combat a little faster and maybe even ramp up the difficulty. The point is, they'd basically need to make the game all over again and it wouldn't even resemble the previous one.

TR just needs to add some puzzles. DmC needs an entire overhaul.

(Plus, the story of DmC is already bad. I don't see how they could fix it.)
---
[INSERT SIGNATURE HERE]
#49produnerPosted 3/13/2013 11:51:01 PM
The ugly moment when you realize that DMC didn't need any reboot , while TR did. TR is a quality game, DmC on the other hand is not. Anyway, both of them suffer in the gameplay department, but TR has quality graphics, voice acting controls, solid gameplay mechanics and story.

I personally find TR uninteresting for me because of the mainstream-casualized gameplay and the forced idea of survival type of gameplay ; the main character gets extremely annoying with her screams and the way she develops her personality. But i am a sucker for open-world and survival type of gameplay.
#50Orange00Posted 3/14/2013 12:42:35 AM
KA_ME, i can't agree with you on the gameplay aspects, but you got a point with story and setting. TR still fits tomb raider continuity as far as i know. On the other hand i can't see how they could fix story of DmC to please you guys.
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!