Just beat DmC: Devil May Cry...I loved this game!

#61darkslayer001Posted 3/14/2013 8:53:53 PM
The_Zora_King posted...
darkslayer001 posted...
Zora_Prince posted...
My experience with Devil May Cry games has been limited to the first two (Which I beat and enjoyed...the first one, at least). However, I enjoy both casual action games (The God of War series reminds me why I love video games) and more hardcore ones (Bayonetta is the only game I've ever Platinumed and I consider it one of the greatest games of all time). Despite the negative backlash this game received, I was quite curious to try it out...

I beat it in about 2 days and it was a kickass experience. The gameplay is definitely more accessible, but I loved the weapon variety, the move variety, mixing all three weapons together, using hooks, charges, guns, weak and strong attacks, lunges, juggling, and everything else.

There was indeed some cringeworthy dialog in the game...but I'm not sure if I should be ashamed to admit this or not, but I really enjoyed the story. The world and premise is unique, the story kept me engaged and wanting to take down the bad guy. Even the main trio grew on me and I did found Dante kind of a cool character, just in a different way from the original.

Finally, this was a very high-quality game. The level design was incredible most of the time. My favorite was near the end when you're storming Mundus's building. Anyone who's played it knows what I mean.

I sympathize completely with the people who really want to see the original storyline have a conclusion. However, I also think it would be tragic for this universe and world to just be abandoned. There is so much potential and still a war to be won. In a perfect world, we'll get both DMC5 and DmC2.

I just returned it after renting it. However, when I gets cheaper, I'll pick it up. I'll want to play through it again and unlock more of the secrets and beat it on a higher difficulty level.

Now, I suppose it's time to pick up the DMC HD Collection so that I can play DMC3, as well as DMC4. Just need money right now...

What do you think? Agree? Disagree? GTFO this board for posting this, Zora?

idk TC, its hard to believe you platinumed Bayonetta after your above post on DmC....
anway happy gaming and enjoy HD collection when you get it.

It's very easy to platinum. The game felt like the perfect mix of accessibility (generous checkpoints, liberal dodging ability) and hardcore gameplay.

i recall to having a hard time to platinum bayonetta back in the day... i actually had a tough time adapting to bayonetta after playing a lot of DMC.
your post does make sense i guess.
#62The_Zora_KingPosted 3/14/2013 9:30:05 PM
darkslayer001 posted...
The_Zora_King posted...
darkslayer001 posted...
Zora_Prince posted...
My experience with Devil May Cry games has been limited to the first two (Which I beat and enjoyed...the first one, at least). However, I enjoy both casual action games (The God of War series reminds me why I love video games) and more hardcore ones (Bayonetta is the only game I've ever Platinumed and I consider it one of the greatest games of all time). Despite the negative backlash this game received, I was quite curious to try it out...

I beat it in about 2 days and it was a kickass experience. The gameplay is definitely more accessible, but I loved the weapon variety, the move variety, mixing all three weapons together, using hooks, charges, guns, weak and strong attacks, lunges, juggling, and everything else.

There was indeed some cringeworthy dialog in the game...but I'm not sure if I should be ashamed to admit this or not, but I really enjoyed the story. The world and premise is unique, the story kept me engaged and wanting to take down the bad guy. Even the main trio grew on me and I did found Dante kind of a cool character, just in a different way from the original.

Finally, this was a very high-quality game. The level design was incredible most of the time. My favorite was near the end when you're storming Mundus's building. Anyone who's played it knows what I mean.

I sympathize completely with the people who really want to see the original storyline have a conclusion. However, I also think it would be tragic for this universe and world to just be abandoned. There is so much potential and still a war to be won. In a perfect world, we'll get both DMC5 and DmC2.

I just returned it after renting it. However, when I gets cheaper, I'll pick it up. I'll want to play through it again and unlock more of the secrets and beat it on a higher difficulty level.

Now, I suppose it's time to pick up the DMC HD Collection so that I can play DMC3, as well as DMC4. Just need money right now...

idk TC, its hard to believe you platinumed Bayonetta after your above post on DmC....

It's very easy to platinum. The game felt like the perfect mix of accessibility (generous checkpoints, liberal dodging ability) and hardcore gameplay.

i recall to having a hard time to platinum bayonetta back in the day... i actually had a tough time adapting to bayonetta after playing a lot of DMC.

Funny. I took more hits than I should have because I kept playing the game like Bayonetta. I kept expecting the dodge to work like in Bayonetta (Press it at the right time and dodge everything rather than actually having to get out of the way).
---
Last Film Watched: A Serbian Film
My Thoughts: I actually enjoyed it >_> That wasn't so bad.
#63No_one_specialPosted 3/15/2013 10:55:11 AM
(Press it at the right time and dodge everything rather than actually having to get out of the way).

You talk as if it isn't incredibly easy to time dodges in this game due to the telegraphed attacked by, like, EVERY enemy.
---
http://tinyurl.com/d76kaod
http://i.imgur.com/qQLJe62.jpg
#64The_Zora_KingPosted 3/15/2013 5:50:22 PM(edited)
No_one_special posted...
(Press it at the right time and dodge everything rather than actually having to get out of the way).

You talk as if it isn't incredibly easy to time dodges in this game due to the telegraphed attacked by, like, EVERY enemy.

I suppose I should be ashamed to say that I have an easier time dodging in Bayonetta and predicting their attacks in that game than in DmC. Then again I've played through Bayonetta at least five times now, played about 50 hours total, and I've only played two DMC games (and only one good and somewhat challenging one), so I haven't had as much experience as you people.

I just worked a bunch of hours this spring break. Hopefully, I'll have enough money to spare for the Devil May Cry HD Collection and I can play DMC3. I'll report back here when I start.
---
Last Film Watched: A Serbian Film
My Thoughts: I actually enjoyed it >_> That wasn't so bad.
#65No_one_specialPosted 3/16/2013 9:50:21 PM
Then again I've played through Bayonetta at least five times now, played about 50 hours total, and I've only played two DMC games (and only one good and somewhat challenging one), so I haven't had as much experience as you people.

I was talking more about this game. The enemies in this game telegraph their attacks a good two or three seconds, at least, before striking. That's plenty of time to prep and then Demon Dodge in order to gain the attack boost.

It's a good bit tougher in 4 or 3.

I'm a middle-of-the-road DMC player as far as 4 or 3 goes. I beat DMD, but I'd stand no chance at beating Hell or Hell, for instance.

And I slaughtered this game with ease.
---
http://tinyurl.com/d76kaod
http://i.imgur.com/qQLJe62.jpg
#66darkslayer001Posted 3/16/2013 10:38:45 PM
The_Zora_King posted...
darkslayer001 posted...
The_Zora_King posted...
darkslayer001 posted...
Zora_Prince posted...

Funny. I took more hits than I should have because I kept playing the game like Bayonetta. I kept expecting the dodge to work like in Bayonetta (Press it at the right time and dodge everything rather than actually having to get out of the way).

i had really hard time adapting to air combos in bayonetta and the delay combos... but right now switching back and forth of DMC to bayo is a hassle but not that big a problem...
#67YumeOMiruPosted 3/17/2013 2:46:27 AM
Zora_Prince posted...

Im mindblown..........you seem like a nice dude, and have tasted greatness (greta games), yet you found this entertaining? Mindblown................Im speechless.
---
Having a dream is essential to live.
#68little_kazumaPosted 3/17/2013 4:00:48 AM
I think DmC is a good game but average dmc game........

I still prefer old DMC game running on NT framework.........much faster and polished than DmC running on Unreal Engine

I still prefer old vergil than new vergil..........Old vergil way more cooler and colder

I still prefer old dmc chicks......... Way hotter. Lady / Trish>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KAT

I still prefer old dmc storyline than new DmC storyline......new storyline kinda lame

I still prefer and old Ebony / Ivory and Rebellion desigh than new design for both weapon in new DmC...........

I think Eva in original dmc is hotter than Eva in new DmC

Finally I still prefer old dante than new dante............. finally getting white hair does`nt make new dante in the same league with our good old original Dante

Crapcom...........Please continue with good old original dmc and you will have my faith again
#69Zora_Prince(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 4:17:19 PM(edited)
I should be getting paid tomorrow. I'll pick up the HD collection and report back.
---
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
#70Zora_Prince(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 3:13:41 PM
KA_ME_HA_ME_HA posted...
Orange00 posted...
KA_ME, same can be said about DmC. Maybe a sequel would fix what's missing in current game.. No offense but it's a double-standard that reeks..

i bought tomb raider yesterday.. Haven't had time to play it yet but i'm a bit worried with what i've been hearing, easy peasy platforming and puzzle solving.. Older Tomb Raiders, PSX title to be more precise, were pretty much big platforming puzzles with some action thrown in. Puzzle filled maze-structure was certainly one of the key elements.. But meh, i hear it's still a great game :)

with DmC, they at least kept it hack n slash mostly. I'd say the biggest loss in translation was boss battles. While alright, they come nowhere near the quality in previous titles.

TC, you got good times ahead if you're going for dmc3 & 4. Best of the series.

The problem with that is a lot would have to be completely changed to fix DmC. For TR, just add a few puzzles, easy enough. The gameplay wouldn't need some major overhaul. DmC on the other hand... let's just say a few small additions wouldn't fix the rest of it.

And with TR being Lara's first adventure, it's not out of the question that she doesn't encounter many puzzles. TR is about her maturing into the character we know. She's not going to know how to solve every ancient Egyptian puzzle maze right away.

DmC on the other hand... what, it took Donte until the sequel to learn how to lock on? How about the crappy engine. That would need to be remedied. From there, they could bump up the framerate, maybe make the combat a little faster and maybe even ramp up the difficulty. The point is, they'd basically need to make the game all over again and it wouldn't even resemble the previous one.

TR just needs to add some puzzles. DmC needs an entire overhaul.

(Plus, the story of DmC is already bad. I don't see how they could fix it.)

With how much it sold, I'm worried if they'll ever go back to the normal style. It just seems like it's going to continue having shallow platforming and puzzles.
---
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.