Just beat DmC: Devil May Cry...I loved this game!

#91RayconPosted 3/24/2013 3:17:34 PM
Rising_shadow posted...
Uncharted isn't even about survival, what the **** are you talking about. The focus on the TR reboot isn't just the action, it's about how Lara becomes a certified badass by overpowering every crappy thing that happens to her.

You really think the aspects of the game that made it wildly successful are going anywhere?

= /
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#92Rising_shadowPosted 3/24/2013 5:28:11 PM
If you're implying that I'm expecting the survival and exploration elements introduced as in the reboot to change radically or be removed, you're reading it wrong.
---
Frank Zappa is God. Fact.
King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?!
#93produnerPosted 3/24/2013 5:35:26 PM(edited)
My only gripe with TR is the gameplay and platforming. I'd prefer puzzles and new shooting mechanics over the linear third person cover shooter and gimmicky survival theme/game mechanics. Also the AC or the uncharted type of platforming is getting stale, we need new platforming mechanics.
---
every time Ink-Ribbon posts the word "antis", i lose a hair strand.
Number of hair strands lost=2.
#94Zora_Prince(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 6:13:30 PM
produner posted...
My only gripe with TR is the gameplay and platforming. I'd prefer puzzles and new shooting mechanics over the linear third person cover shooter and gimmicky survival theme/game mechanics. Also the AC or the uncharted type of platforming is getting stale, we need new platforming mechanics.

The problem is, they do it for you.
---
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
#95Edward_R_MurrowPosted 3/24/2013 7:20:39 PM
Raycon posted...
DMC3, arguably, has the best bosses in the series. In any class, glad you are enjoying it and hope it only gets better as you get further in.

I dunno. That would be a very tough argument to make, given that DMC3 has some indefensibly bad boss fights, and none of it's bosses are of outstanding quality. And I even like a lot of the bosses that hardcore fans hate for being, more or less in their words, "LOL, break shield than Beo Combo 1!"
---
dfsdfsddfsdfsddf
#96RayconPosted 3/24/2013 8:22:46 PM
Rising_shadow posted...
If you're implying that I'm expecting the survival and exploration elements introduced as in the reboot to change radically or be removed, you're reading it wrong.

Oh, then I did read your message wrong.

Edward_R_Murrow posted...
Raycon posted...
DMC3, arguably, has the best bosses in the series. In any class, glad you are enjoying it and hope it only gets better as you get further in.

I dunno. That would be a very tough argument to make, given that DMC3 has some indefensibly bad boss fights, and none of it's bosses are of outstanding quality. And I even like a lot of the bosses that hardcore fans hate for being, more or less in their words, "LOL, break shield than Beo Combo 1!"

Well, I did say arguably, so I'm not claiming it as fact by any means. It has my favorite bosses, and I was under impression they were warmly accepted, but maybe I was mistaken about that second part.

= /
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#97Zora_Prince(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 8:01:08 PM
Not being able to change your styles and weapon selection from the menu is really annoying me. I can understand not being able to change it mid-combat yet: it was still a PS2 game. However, Devil May Cry 1 allowed you to go the menus and change to whatever weapon you had. I had to backtrack quite a few times to break those combo status with the hidden blue shards (That one you needed to break with Rebellion was a nightmare! >_<).
---
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.
#98The_Zora_KingPosted 4/1/2013 6:25:55 PM
Haven't played In a while...haven't had time.
---
Last Film Watched: A Serbian Film
My Thoughts: I actually enjoyed it >_> That wasn't so bad.
#99BigKahn_13Posted 4/1/2013 6:28:57 PM
Nice lie there TC.
#100The_Zora_KingPosted 4/1/2013 6:58:01 PM
BigKahn_13 posted...
Nice lie there TC.

*sigh* what is it this time?
---
Last Film Watched: A Serbian Film
My Thoughts: I actually enjoyed it >_> That wasn't so bad.