Watching DMC1-4 cutscenes on YouTube.....

#11Orange00Posted 3/14/2013 1:08:57 AM
Yea this is one thing westerners cannot mimic. Japanese crazy-stylish flair.

I suppose westerners come out as a bit too self-aware when trying the same

all the most cliche and awkward (in a good way) scenes just seem so innocent when japanese make em', if that makes any sense. Sorta the same as how little children think something is very cool.
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#12OutsiderHallPosted 3/14/2013 1:16:12 AM
SiLVeR_420 posted...
syctheweilder posted...
1: LIGHT

2: Don't speak. Just die

3: WOOHOO

4: KYRIE

DmC: F**** YOU, BIGGER DICK, DON'T F*** WITH A GOD, SQUIRREL SEMEN, EVA THE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE, YOU'RE AN A-HOLE, MY SUCCUBUS, *assault rifle abortion*, WUBWUBWUBWUB

There you go.

i guess you can call me a pro, but this rocks.
#13pyro_buntaPosted 3/14/2013 6:39:55 AM
Orange00 posted...

all the most cliche and awkward (in a good way) scenes just seem so innocent when japanese make em', if that makes any sense. Sorta the same as how little children think something is very cool.

Considering it really is Reuben Langdon that made Dante in 3 and 4, and he's not even japanese.
---
...for Tony Redgrave...
#14Orange00Posted 3/14/2013 6:46:40 AM
pyro_bunta posted...
Orange00 posted...

Considering it really is Reuben Langdon that made Dante in 3 and 4, and he's not even japanese.

director is japanese, writer is japanese, animator is japanese.. Only mocap and voices are from this guy. And even mocap doesn't reach facial animation..

i'm just saying that at least i haven't seen anything to reach same heights as japanese style. I am however, very interested if you got any examples to change my mind :)
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#15BERZERKER17Posted 3/14/2013 6:47:31 AM
OutsiderHall posted...
SiLVeR_420 posted...
syctheweilder posted...
1: LIGHT

2: Don't speak. Just die

3: WOOHOO

4: KYRIE

DmC: F**** YOU, BIGGER DICK, DON'T F*** WITH A GOD, SQUIRREL SEMEN, EVA THE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE, YOU'RE AN A-HOLE, MY SUCCUBUS, *assault rifle abortion*, WUBWUBWUBWUB

There you go.

i guess you can call me a pro, but this rocks.

I've got to admit, I pretty much agree with this guy.
---
R.I.P TimeSplitters 4, R.I.P FreeRadical, 21st December 2008.
#161SethSiroAnton1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 11:15:21 AM
Dante....return to us....

---
"FOR I AM THE DRAGON, DRACUL! I..AM THE PRINCE OF DARKNESS! THAT..IS MY VENGEANCE..ALL SHALL COME TO FEAR ME.." - Gabriel Belmont, Dracula
#17-BrokenSpiral-Posted 3/14/2013 11:52:05 AM(edited)
Orange00 posted...
i'm just saying that at least i haven't seen anything to reach same heights as japanese style. I am however, very interested if you got any examples to change my mind :)

You might like some of the Assassin's Creed kills, particularly AC3's double kills. Legacy of Kain: Defiance's battle system was pretty flashy.

EDIT: Maybe it's too early, but the gameplay of Injustice looks pretty stylish.