I want to like this but i cant

#21HecateXPosted 3/15/2013 10:47:09 AM
balmung48 posted...
I played every dmc game so far. And i honestly dont care what dante looks like.but come on weres the action pack cutscenes? And what happen to dante doing some bad ass weapon demos when he got them from a boss.and when did vergil become a weak cry baby even in the dlc. I mean weres the crazy over the top action?

Your mistake is to think that the problem of this game was because they changed dante's hair, it is a lackluster game on every aspect, with dumbed down gameplay, dumbed down difficulty, unlikable characters, juvenile story telling that has pretensions of being shakesperian, add the way that NT and Capcom handled everything, insulting the fans, etc
#22balmung48(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 12:07:56 PM
I dont care what dante looks like i just missed the action
---
under this killing moon and under this buring sky under the killing moon by thrice
#23Dark_EpathyPosted 3/15/2013 12:19:47 PM
Obviously a negative to the game's quality and presentation, and a drawback/downgrade to DMC, as this game is supposed to fix things and expand.

How does it make things intrinsically worse, though?

I mean, again, there was a deliberate effort to move this game away from that type of tone. You don't have to like it, but I don't see how it's sacrilege.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#24HecateXPosted 3/15/2013 12:21:41 PM
balmung48 posted...
I dont care what dante looks like i just missed the action

And again, i am pretty sure that the majority of people with problems with this crap wasn't because dante's hair is not white, hurr durr
#25KyryloPosted 3/15/2013 2:11:29 PM
Dark_Epathy posted...
Obviously a negative to the game's quality and presentation, and a drawback/downgrade to DMC, as this game is supposed to fix things and expand.

How does it make things intrinsically worse, though?

I mean, again, there was a deliberate effort to move this game away from that type of tone. You don't have to like it, but I don't see how it's sacrilege.

it's not. it's just not enough people cares about their attempts.
#26IamthekuzalolPosted 3/15/2013 2:27:15 PM
TC made some valid complaints, mindless defense force mobilizing at the mere sight of it. Learn to accept opinions, facepalm, acting like a bunch of elementary kids won't help you.
#27Blackmarvel79Posted 3/15/2013 3:13:50 PM
If and I mean IF they had some cool bossbights and better enemy variety and AI and they had a better Devil trigger this game would have been pretty slick. But no it didnt happen. lot of promise just didnt reach it.
---
Playing Castlevania Lords of Shadow and GOWA.
#28LansfieldPosted 3/15/2013 3:44:28 PM
No more cool cutscenes with Dante showing off his skills. Except in the beginning. That's all I could remember. He was more mortal here than usual. Barely displays supernatural strength. Bayonetta was more superpowered than Dante and I enjoyed it better than this. Also the way Vergil destroyed the hellgate was boring. He could have hacked it to pieces but no...he just pointed his Yamato to the gate. -_-

Series should evolve along with its fanbase. Fans of the game has matured already and Dante regressed to a teenager...for the 2nd time. We saw Dante reinvented once, now again. It just doesn't work. It did work though for Tomb Raider, she was remade a horrible one, and then a good one, and then an even better one. But just doesn't work for Dante because he looks worse here than in 3. He has that I don't give a f attitude about the world which he loses as he interacts with Kat instead of being inherently there in DMC 3.
#29prince_nagashPosted 3/15/2013 4:07:06 PM
Not sure if this is proven or not, or if it's just extrapolating off Tameem's age,

but I've heard it said that this Dante in DmC is around 27.

So maybe he's not a teenager, but the fact that we think he is makes it a bit depressing if he really was almost 30.
#30FulvipPosted 3/15/2013 4:12:51 PM(edited)
Dark_Epathy posted...
Ninja Theory made a concerted effort to ground this game to a further degree than the previous DMC titles. Hence whey there is a noticeable lack of relative over-the-top action.

It's really not a fault. Just an issue of preference.

"Let's make a DMC game!"
"Yeah!"
"What do we have to learn and keep from the other games?"
"The names of 5 characters, 3 weapons and demons!"
"Anything else?"
"Not really."
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: TERA, MGR, TR