Soooo. Looks like DmC is gonna be the highest rated HnS this year.

#131OracleGunnerPosted 3/14/2013 5:15:43 PM
Capitan_Kid posted...
JanneDaArc135 posted...
ANOTHER one of these topics? Geez we just had one yesterday. and I see mixorz and jereth are trolling it up again. Honestly I have lost all faith in humanity. Why do pros keep posting the same topics over and over again? Are you trying to overcompensate for crappy sales?

I have said it once and I will say it again. So what if it got 9's and 10's from "credible" (lol) reviewers. If your came doesn't sell it means jack ****.

Like I said before, money talks, bs walks. Besides if you look at its "true" metacritic score it got like a 4.6. Before all you pros gett butthurt and say that it was because antis voted it down out of spite, a lot of pros voted it up out of spite as well.

Honestly pros make me sad (especially mixorz and jereth). At least shatters trolling was kind of funny because of all the outrageous claims he was making. It would make for good reading material. Your trolling lacks any kind of worthwhile reading at all. Besides whenever someone makes a valid counterpoint you both just ignore the comment and insult other people anyway.

Although out of the 2 mixorz is worse than Jereth. He seems obsessed with "winning" on GameFaqs......a video game forum lol. I would recommend doing something useful with your time, like reading to the elderly.

All in all fail/10

Do you have proof to back up your claim that the people who reviewed DmC are not credible?

Do you have proof that they are?
---
The Unofficial Iron Castle that Smashes Through Mountains of every board in the multiverse.
#132SiLVeR_420Posted 3/14/2013 5:16:49 PM
JanneDaArc135 posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
JanneDaArc135 posted...
Capitan_Kid posted...
JanneDaArc135 posted...
ANOTHER one of these topics? Geez we just had one yesterday. and I see mixorz and jereth are trolling it up again. Honestly I have lost all faith in humanity. Why do pros keep posting the same topics over and over again? Are you trying to overcompensate for crappy sales?

I have said it once and I will say it again. So what if it got 9's and 10's from "credible" (lol) reviewers. If your came doesn't sell it means jack ****.

Like I said before, money talks, bs walks. Besides if you look at its "true" metacritic score it got like a 4.6. Before all you pros gett butthurt and say that it was because antis voted it down out of spite, a lot of pros voted it up out of spite as well.

Honestly pros make me sad (especially mixorz and jereth). At least shatters trolling was kind of funny because of all the outrageous claims he was making. It would make for good reading material. Your trolling lacks any kind of worthwhile reading at all. Besides whenever someone makes a valid counterpoint you both just ignore the comment and insult other people anyway.

Although out of the 2 mixorz is worse than Jereth. He seems obsessed with "winning" on GameFaqs......a video game forum lol. I would recommend doing something useful with your time, like reading to the elderly.

All in all fail/10

Do you have proof to back up your claim that the people who reviewed DmC are not credible?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD_sKxwKuYg

So you don't. Please back up your statements before making such claims.

If you would read between the lines (I know its hard for you but just humor me) you would see that I am mocking the games many glitches and the reviewers who "conveniently" didn't see them.

Careful. He's gonna pull that "They didn't happen to me so they don't exist/matter" card.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#133rockman11_zPosted 3/14/2013 5:23:10 PM
Lol
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#134Gandalf the IstariPosted 3/14/2013 5:59:19 PM
Dathrowed1 posted...
MGR and GoW both somehow were less received than it.

Which is why they both sold more

Playing devil's advocate here - so now popularity is indicative of quality?
#135cyanide_suicidePosted 3/14/2013 6:25:27 PM
Gandalf the Istari posted...
Dathrowed1 posted...

I would say there's a correlation for sure at least. Other factors do come into play though, such as marketing. Some games are good enough that they need little marketing to become multi-million sellers, such as Dark Souls. Word of mouth got that game it's sales.

Some games sell well and have good marketing, such as Assassin's Creed, God of War, and Call of Duty. While they may not be the pinnacle of their respective genres, they're generally considered at least decent games that are properly marketed to a large audience.

DmC was a game that was marketed to the God of War audience and completely and utterly failed. Was it bad marketing, or was the game simply lacking in quality? I suppose that's up to you to decide, but at least I tend to believe it was a little of both.
#136StrelokPosted 3/15/2013 12:49:55 AM
The game failed because of several reasons, allow me to list them.

1: Alienating the old fanbase and doing nothing to try to get them back. No apologies, no trying to correct an accidental slip-up or outright making statements that can be taken as insulting. (This was a good 1-2 million people who turned their backs on the franchise as the sales seem to indicate. Yow)

2: Too radical a change in gameplay from the originals

3: Quality of said gameplay is debatable, in many ways it's a step back from the original franchise and it doesn't measure up to the competitions

They tried to get a new fanbase by making sure the old one doesn't come back.
Sadly for them, the potential new customers seemed either not to like it very much, were saving for GoW/MGR, or had sympathy for the fans. Either way, it utterly failed.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#137FulvipPosted 3/15/2013 2:11:51 AM
Gandalf the Istari posted...
Dathrowed1 posted...

What does? Popularity, sales, reviews, everytime one of these things is mentioned alone, it gets shot down. Either all three are needed and even so it boils down to individual taste, which leads to pros, antis, trolls and indifference everywhere. I say it's almost impossible to define.
---
Official Auron of the boards. The only one bad*** enough to like Light.
CP: TERA, MGR, TR
#138LordKaizerPosted 3/15/2013 1:02:54 PM
so what if it gets a high score? capcom wanted to sell more than original games (the sole reason for this reboot to exist) but it's clearly barely reached half what DMC 3 sold in ps2.
---
I'll always sit on my royal chair next to dante's chair forever.
#139KyryloPosted 3/15/2013 1:05:20 PM
LordKaizer posted...
so what if it gets a high score? capcom wanted to sell more than original games (the sole reason for this reboot to exist) but it's clearly barely reached half what DMC 3 sold in ps2.

Everybody seems to forget it rather quickly.
#140HecateXPosted 3/15/2013 2:00:30 PM
Capitan_Kid posted...
MGR and GoW both somehow were less received than it. Is there anymore competition that can possibly top it? I'm thinking Bayo2 but it's on Wii U and might not be coming out this year.

If that happens, it will only serve to show how out of touch are the reviewers when it come to know what makes a game good, this of course without taking in consideration those reviews that where rigged by the almighty $$$$.

MGR sold well, and i am pretty sure that GOWA will be a huge success, that is what matters at the end.