lol retcon

#31produnerPosted 3/14/2013 12:16:54 PM
mdly68 posted...
produner posted...
I don't recall comics getting things like lower frame rate, input lag, inaccurate hitboxes, few applicable moves and bad controls.

TC , this topic has been brought up by extremely knowledgeable people like you,who tried the game without having any kind of bias like having the idea of the game being good and trying to prove it by being ignorant.

Some minor changes here:
DMC :
-refined the genre+high level play.
- iconic characters.
- distinct music that fits the theme.
- awesome boss battles.
-Legit difficulty.
-great setting.
-awesome over the top-action cutscenes.
-great style of handling weapons.
-great weapon design.
-great character models.
-voice acting fits the characters.

DmC :
-dumped down the combat.
- brought confused punks and bland characters.
-uninteresting modern setting.
-music is low in quality,stereotype dupstep+metal-punk ; doesn't blend with the theme of demons and angels.
-No action scenes; zooming in donte's face, talking, more talking, demon sex scene, "ahhhhhhhhhhhhh", abortions, shooting. Why does vorgil and donte use swords in DmC?
- Bland voice acting.
-character models and facial animations are weird and cartoon-y.
-Lot of hideous platforming.
-Lot of frequent glitches.

That is simply unacceptable , and a huge dump down in quality. I've seen people cry over things like endings, mainstream games, making a game a game console-exclusive and crying over milked franchises, but in when a successful franchise that has a great gameplay gets rebooted, it is just a trivial thing. Bandwagon-ing at its best.

Note: This topic is probably a bait.

So DMC had no low points and DmC had no high points? This totally isn't biased.

There is no point in mentioning them , since DmC didn't fix any.

Examples:
-camera (lol, universal for every HnS game).
-plot got weaker in the last entry.
-exploits with weapons and gameplay mechanics (happens in every technical game).
-backtracking.
-plot holes.

Can't think of more, but gameplay wise, no apparent flaws.
#32syctheweilderPosted 3/14/2013 12:43:40 PM
What good there is in DmC can be traced back to earlier games in the series. It adds nothing substantial to the franchise, and removes critical elements from it. It is such an obvious reduction in every respect that it boggles the mind how it needs explaining.
#33KOTRsssPosted 3/14/2013 12:48:40 PM
It's not even a retcon because DmC was established as a reboot.
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#34Malus_X6Posted 3/14/2013 4:30:19 PM

Not really. They couldn't even get the story straight with that.
---
PSN: LordMalus
XBL: LordMalusDCLXVI
#35Chaos2FrozenPosted 3/14/2013 4:56:45 PM
KOTRsss posted...

Whether it's a retcon or a reboot, it doesn't excuse it for being inferior to the original, or at best- borderline equivalent at some factors.
#36RetsuxDPosted 3/15/2013 6:05:54 PM
produner posted...
-backtracking.

But this was fixed.

By turning the game into Corridor Simulator 2013.
#37LansfieldPosted 3/15/2013 6:24:02 PM
Comics and movie are different. In games, you get to control this character. In movies/comics you just watch/read them. you also don't spend 60$ on them.
#38KyryloPosted 3/16/2013 1:06:58 AM
mdly68 posted...
I've always wanted to play the original DMC games but I never got around to it. I'm having a lot of fun with the combat system and look forward to playing it on hard mode.

There are so many topics about people hating it due to abandoning the original protagonist and style. But really, doesn't this happen all the time with comic books and movies? Is it really such a big deal?

Let's see: I like old DMC for 1. Protagonist 2. Cool gothic places. 3. intellegent cool enemies and bosses. 4, cool cutscenes 5. difficult challenging combat.....since all of that was cut from DmC, i see no point to show any interest in it.
#39bigdom93Posted 3/16/2013 10:32:14 AM
RetsuxD posted...
produner posted...
-backtracking.

But this was fixed.

just like final fantasy 13, and also like FF13 they never explain the important background details and leaves you with more questions that could have been easilly answered in cutscene or ingame conversation but aren't.
#40Gogito4Posted 3/16/2013 10:59:08 AM
bigdom93 posted...
RetsuxD posted...
produner posted...
-backtracking.

But this was fixed.

just like final fantasy 13, and also like FF13 they never explain the important background details and leaves you with more questions that could have been easilly answered in cutscene or ingame conversation but aren't.

Both are equally SSShakespearean.
---
Excited for: MHTri U, Fire Emblem Awakening, FFVSXIII (It will come out... eventually. Right?)
Dissidia 012: Main:Terra Subs:Squall,WoL,Cloud and Kain.