would people like me be considered Pro or Anti?

#21Chaos2FrozenPosted 3/14/2013 5:52:49 PM
Meh~ Better an Anime character that saves the world than a western douche that pretty much hands it over to the demons.

And why do people forget that DMC4 Dante was also a mentor of sort for Nero? What makes him the best Dante is both his silly side as well as that mature side.
#22ss14knightPosted 3/14/2013 6:13:03 PM
Chaos2Frozen posted...
Meh~ Better an Anime character that saves the world than a western douche that pretty much hands it over to the demons.

And why do people forget that DMC4 Dante was also a mentor of sort for Nero? What makes him the best Dante is both his silly side as well as that mature side.

Actually, both of those would be pretty bad, but it's not as simple as that, to contain an entire character's personality into one small example.

I wanted to like DMC4 Dante, but I felt like they were trying WAY too hard to make him fulfill the role of the badass elder. DMC1 and 3 Dante were the best of the original series in my opinion.
#23Grey_Fox4Posted 3/14/2013 6:26:25 PM
mraustindude19 posted...
I liked the game-play but disliked characters and story. also I largely feel like a reboot in general was unneeded and pointless but i still think it was a fun game.

In less than 100 years, you, me and this game and it's makers will be irrelevant everything associated with it will be long dead and either long since rotted or consumed by flames.

In the scale of eternity, how you, I or anyone else feels is irrelevant.
---
Currently looking forward to: Devil May Cry 5 and The Rapture.
#24stargazer1981Posted 3/14/2013 10:57:28 PM
Grey_Fox4 posted...
mraustindude19 posted...
I liked the game-play but disliked characters and story. also I largely feel like a reboot in general was unneeded and pointless but i still think it was a fun game.

In less than 100 years, you, me and this game and it's makers will be irrelevant everything associated with it will be long dead and either long since rotted or consumed by flames.

In the scale of eternity, how you, I or anyone else feels is irrelevant.

Thanks for that, Debbie Downer.
---
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi
#25OutsiderHallPosted 3/15/2013 4:54:17 AM
stargazer1981 posted...
ss14knight posted...
To pros you would be considered stupid and in denial over how much of a masterpiece it was.

To antis you would be considered some casual loser that doesn't know what a good game is.

Both sides are pretty delusional, just join me in the "It was pretty good but had some story problems" neutral camp. :D

I would also like to join your club. Though I did enjoy the fact that Dante actually had a character arc in this game, unlike previous iterations.

this sounds like a swell group, may i pls also join.