http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TQYeKgbU6M
#12DarkJaydragonPosted 3/14/2013 12:49:12 PM
produner posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...
I'm glad to see it die. <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TQYeKgbU6M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxDdpirK_LY
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#13lokithefoolPosted 3/14/2013 12:54:00 PM
produner posted...
I want to point out things about DMC.

Capcom made a "plan", and it contains things like focusing on main franchises , and outsources others to cheap devs.In other words, they want activision number of sales and milk every franchise they have. DMC was a victim of that ; a successful franchise at its peek , growing but not a 5 million selling series yet.

Also itsuno is going to be used for other projects for maximum profit.

This is probably their plan of DMC:

DmC reboot sells ---> continue on the same strategy to milk it.
DmC reboot fails ----> The franchise is dead, move on with new ips and milking RE.
DMC HD sells well----> *grabs cash, does nothing*

So, the probability of DMC being put to rest is really high, judging from the above. So we've been set free now? #AWOKEN now?

If so .....*salutes DMC* , i'll never put the king of HnS games down , always playing that game from time to time, and Dante , vergil and the legend of sparda shall not be forgotten, so is the case with the iconic songs ( devils never cry) and the style that the series brought. RIP DMC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRC9A-tEB-Q
#14Hades192Posted 3/14/2013 1:03:00 PM
produner posted...
Maiken100 posted...
I doubt they'll continue this dmc, I'd be very surprised if they did.
I'm not a big fan of this series in general but I love H&S games and there really aren't many challenging ones as of late.
Look at the "Ninja Gaiden 3" flop which has led to them announcing NG z so its possible they will give it another shot.

DmC and NJ3 were really disappointing, and bayo2 added insult to injury ( i will support P* even though am not into the wiiu). The genre is really dying, especially when DmC was announced, now we can only put our hope in MGR getting a sequel and GOW:A.

Yo, is GOW:A worth it in terms of overall gameplay?
Story doesn't concern me much but GOW was always a story driven experience and I get bored after one play through typically.

Sorry to bring this here but I trust DMC fans on this matter more than anyone else, especially anyone on a GOW board.
#15Gogito4Posted 3/14/2013 1:05:43 PM
Hades192 posted...
produner posted...
Maiken100 posted...
I'm not a big fan of this series in general but I love H&S games and there really aren't many challenging ones as of late.
Look at the "Ninja Gaiden 3" flop which has led to them announcing NG z so its possible they will give it another shot.

DmC and NJ3 were really disappointing, and bayo2 added insult to injury ( i will support P* even though am not into the wiiu). The genre is really dying, especially when DmC was announced, now we can only put our hope in MGR getting a sequel and GOW:A.

Story doesn't concern me much but GOW was always a story driven experience and I get bored after one play through typically.

Sorry to bring this here but I trust DMC fans on this matter more than anyone else, especially anyone on a GOW board.

GoW was never an experience I enjoyed, but if you want to have a good, easy time, it's good. Don't treat it as an Hardcore HnS, it isn't trying to be.

Still, reviews are poiting out that GoW: A is awful, and considering how this is GoW and not some random game franchise, for it to be pointed out as awful by the reviewers... means something.
---
Excited for: MHTri U, Fire Emblem Awakening, FFVSXIII (It will come out... eventually. Right?)
Dissidia 012: Main:Terra Subs:Squall,WoL,Cloud and Kain.
#16ZeroGearMPosted 3/14/2013 1:06:51 PM
TC stop crying. There are better games out there such as Bayo2 and MGR.
#17produner(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 1:08:02 PM
Hades192 posted...
produner posted...
Maiken100 posted...

I was downloading the demo , but didn't get the chance to play. As for GOW as a franchise and judging from videos, it still retains the solid controls, frame rate and solid base-game mechanics. Add the latter to good graphics , good ost, lore and settings.

It is probably a quality game, and as all of the GOW games, it has simple gameplay and casual take on combat, but still a solid, fun and quality HnS game.
#18produner(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 1:10:15 PM
ZeroGearM posted...
TC stop crying. There are better games out there such as Bayo2 and MGR.

They will never top DMC's technical combat and lore of the series. Killing the founder of the sub-genre and the kind of high level play and technical HnS action is a large blow to the genre , regardless of other top notch games.
#19Hades192Posted 3/14/2013 1:57:55 PM
@produner and getito4

GOW is decent but doesn't last for me. I'll borrow it or get it used!

I've heard some people remarking that it was more difficult which caught my attention and produner you commenting that we needed to bank on MGR and GOW:A had me curious of your opinion.

Seems we share the same sentiment in regards to GOW.

Thank you both for answering!
#20chestershadowPosted 3/14/2013 1:58:58 PM
produner posted...
Maiken100 posted...

The giant difference between NG and DMC is the companies producing and creating those games. Tecmo Koei operate much smarter than Capcom, and don't outsource their better ip's (Do they even outsource that often, if ever?) to devs who have historically only made bad game after bad game (Ninja Theory).

When people complained about NG3, they actually listened, and made alot of necessary changes/improvements to the Wii-U version.

Capcom has historically never continued a series after a major financial flop like what is happening with this particular DMC (and the only times they do revive a series are several years later when the people they pissed off with milking a franchise to death aren't capcom's target audience anymore. See: Street Fighter 2 and all its versions, the decade+ gap between that and 4 with all of it's versions).

The exceptions being things like DMC2 (it didn't sell poorly, but it got trashed in reviews and its shelf life was short as a result, and Capcom basically pretends dmc2 didn't even happen story wise, etc).

The likelihood of us getting another DMC is INCREDIBLY unlikely, and you shouldn't use a different companies games as comparison to what CAPCOM will do. The business decisions capcom has made over the last half-decade have been incredibly questionable, and its no wonder investors are starting to lose their patience (and its also no wonder the gaming community is fed up) with capcom.