R.I.P devil may cry.

#21stargazer1981Posted 3/14/2013 1:11:03 PM
At a certain point, are topics like this considered "beating a dead horse"?
---
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi
#22produner(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 1:24:15 PM
stargazer1981 posted...

Do you even understand what that expression stands for? or what this topic is about?

We want an answer from capcom, and the odds are against the series as a whole, reboot or the original. Capcom announced things during the ps4 event that leads to deduce how capcom is going to act like when dealing with other franchises and outsourcing.
#23stargazer1981Posted 3/14/2013 1:27:54 PM
produner posted...
stargazer1981 posted...

Do you even understand what that expression stands for? or what this topic is about?

We want an answer from capcom, and the odds are against the series as a whole, reboot or the original. Capcom announced things during the ps4 event that leads to deduce how capcom is going to act like when dealing with other franchises and outsourcing.

All I see is contemplative rambling about a trivial game series argued by trivial internet users on a trivial game discussion site.

You tone suggest this is a big deal for you. I would recommend moving on to another game to save yourself the trouble.
---
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi
#24produner(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 1:31:07 PM
chestershadow posted...
produner posted...
Maiken100 posted...
I doubt they'll continue this dmc, I'd be very surprised if they did.
I'm not a big fan of this series in general but I love H&S games and there really aren't many challenging ones as of late.
Look at the "Ninja Gaiden 3" flop which has led to them announcing NG z so its possible they will give it another shot.

DmC and NJ3 were really disappointing, and bayo2 added insult to injury ( i will support P* even though am not into the wiiu). The genre is really dying, especially when DmC was announced, now we can only put our hope in MGR getting a sequel and GOW:A.

The giant difference between NG and DMC is the companies producing and creating those games. Tecmo Koei operate much smarter than Capcom, and don't outsource their better ip's (Do they even outsource that often, if ever?) to devs who have historically only made bad game after bad game (Ninja Theory).

When people complained about NG3, they actually listened, and made alot of necessary changes/improvements to the Wii-U version.

Capcom has historically never continued a series after a major financial flop like what is happening with this particular DMC (and the only times they do revive a series are several years later when the people they pissed off with milking a franchise to death aren't capcom's target audience anymore. See: Street Fighter 2 and all its versions, the decade+ gap between that and 4 with all of it's versions).

The exceptions being things like DMC2 (it didn't sell poorly, but it got trashed in reviews and its shelf life was short as a result, and Capcom basically pretends dmc2 didn't even happen story wise, etc).

The likelihood of us getting another DMC is INCREDIBLY unlikely, and you shouldn't use a different companies games as comparison to what CAPCOM will do. The business decisions capcom has made over the last half-decade have been incredibly questionable, and its no wonder investors are starting to lose their patience (and its also no wonder the gaming community is fed up) with capcom.

I understand that , and i mentioned NG3 to comment on the genre, not as a reference to judge how capcom is going to deal with a similar situation.

Well as i said in the opening of the topic, capcom is planning one outsourcing and killing franchises that are not 5million+ sales. As for flops from capcom, SFxT flopped really hard and now it is being revived ,but hey it is the fighting game community, so much history between them and capcom, aside from the fact that it is capcom's main selling point (fighting games).
#25produner(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 1:37:04 PM
stargazer1981 posted...
produner posted...
stargazer1981 posted...

All I see is contemplative rambling about a trivial game series argued by trivial internet users on a trivial game discussion site.

You tone suggest this is a big deal for you. I would recommend moving on to another game to save yourself the trouble.

Well, yeah when you dedicate yourself to play at high level like in fighting games and DMC, you will obviously have some kind of overreaction. I do care about products that i like and got my interest, time and effort in. All what i did was , bringing such things a certain group of peopleto know if we can move on or wait for the series.

I don't see a context in your post, especially that you are clueless about the fact that some people are interested or got something to do with the video game industry and directions that some publishers take, which is directly related to things that i've mentioned in the OP.
#26stargazer1981Posted 3/14/2013 1:46:09 PM
produner posted...
Well, yeah when you dedicate yourself to play at high level like in fighting games and DMC, you will obviously have some kind of overreaction. I do care about products that i like and got my interest, time and effort in. All what i did was , bringing such things a certain group of peopleto know if we can move on or wait for the series.

I don't see a context in your post, especially that you are clueless about the fact that some people are interested or got something to do with the video game industry and directions that some publishers take, which is directly related to things that i've mentioned in the OP.

Then it's for people like you that I hope DMC dies and gets buried forever. Even though I enjoyed every game in the series, even this one.

Your priorities seem a touch skewed.
---
#27produner(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 1:48:31 PM
stargazer1981 posted...
produner posted...

Then it's for people like you that I hope DMC dies and gets buried forever. Even though I enjoyed every game in the series, even this one.

Again, another post with no context.
#28ZeroX91Posted 3/14/2013 1:49:06 PM
stargazer1981 posted...
produner posted...

Little overly vindictive doncha think?
---
Official Pyro Jack of the SMT IV board.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui4zPwRmSFA
#29Dark_EpathyPosted 3/14/2013 1:50:12 PM

This board has seen this topic multiple times over, though. You can try to predict Capcom's moves all you want, but there's simply no way to know what's in store for the series. It's okay to speculate, but we've been through this before, is all.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#30produner(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 1:57:28 PM
Dark_Epathy posted...

This board has seen this topic multiple times over, though. You can try to predict Capcom's moves all you want, but there's simply no way to know what's in store for the series. It's okay to speculate, but we've been through this before, is all.

I don't see how this topic is being brought up multiple times. I understand that people started to speculate about the series' future and discussed that, but capcom made new announcements and might reboot dark stalkers if resurrection doesn't get sell well, which might be and indicator to how capcom is dealing with their franchises currently.

All what i brought up was news about capcom and i wanted a final answer. People don't have to get butthurt over a topic, just answer or leave.