Ninja Gaiden next on the chopping block

#1Dersu_UzalaPosted 3/15/2013 3:22:12 AM(edited)
For being ruined by a bottom-tier American studio who has no business being allowed anywhere near the series.

Ninja Gaiden Z: Yaiba has Spark Unlimited as its developer, who are also working on Lost Planet 3 right now. Their only previous credits are a Call of Duty port, an awful fantasy FPS called Legendary, and an even more awful WWII FPS called Turning Point. Yep, they sound perfectly qualified to design a technical, challenging hack-n-slash.

At the very least, it's a side game and not a reboot, so there's no way it'll overwrite the main series.
#2bigdom93Posted 3/15/2013 3:28:39 AM
it has more going for it than DmC, they have a game about cyborg ninjas and zombies and team ninja learned from their last mistake. I can't wait to see whats revieled next
#3Orange00Posted 3/15/2013 3:33:53 AM
but it's a brainchild of keiji inafune. It's not westernization..

also i thought ninja gaiden 3 already did enough damage to equal DmC.
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#4Dersu_Uzala(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 3:35:55 AM(edited)

It honestly did more damage than DmC, but I feel that Razor's Edge is good enough to redeem them.

it has more going for it than DmC, they have a game about cyborg ninjas and zombies and team ninja learned from their last mistake. I can't wait to see whats revieled next

Right, but Team Ninja is only supervising development of this game. I am quite confident that Spark will eff it up every way they can.
#5Orange00Posted 3/15/2013 3:41:59 AM
but hey man! Keiji Inafune is making this!! Who cares who programs it if he's the director?

also how is lost planet 3 looking? I lost interest after initial trailer and with the news that you can't jump or use that rope freely anymore.
---
Time Splitters HD Collection!!?? Gears are already in motion, sign the petition!!
#6ScreamingMidgetPosted 3/15/2013 4:13:49 AM
Orange00 posted...

Hell no, NG3RE is much better than DmC.
#7Orange00Posted 3/15/2013 4:39:05 AM
ScreamingMidget posted...
Orange00 posted...

demo is waiting to be played, i've heard good things about it.

i was talking about vanilla
---
#8RichterB17Posted 3/15/2013 7:07:39 AM
Orange00 posted...
ScreamingMidget posted...
Orange00 posted...

demo is waiting to be played, i've heard good things about it.

i was talking about vanilla

I just played it and its okay. I played through hard mode of the first stage and I can get out of most situations by just charging my attacks... Don't know how I feel about that. I think the graphics look better too for some reason.
---
"They sowed their fate when they took this job.... I'm just the reaper" - Raiden
#9SumTinWongPosted 3/15/2013 6:41:33 PM
Dersu_Uzala posted...
For being ruined by a bottom-tier American studio who has no business being allowed anywhere near the series.

Ninja Gaiden Z: Yaiba has Spark Unlimited as its developer, who are also working on Lost Planet 3 right now. Their only previous credits are a Call of Duty port, an awful fantasy FPS called Legendary, and an even more awful WWII FPS called Turning Point. Yep, they sound perfectly qualified to design a technical, challenging hack-n-slash.

At the very least, it's a side game and not a reboot, so there's no way it'll overwrite the main series.

ummm ninja theory is based in Cambridge, England. ;-)
---
nonstick banana frying pan and slippery cardboard box. Why do birds fly? It's entirely because they get tired of walking.
#10syctheweilderPosted 3/15/2013 7:29:04 PM
Dersu_Uzala posted...
For being ruined by a bottom-tier studio who has no business being allowed anywhere near the series.

There, now it makes sense.