DmC February NPD Sales Figures. The game is a commercial failure.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. DmC February NPD Sales Figures. The game is a commercial failure.
2 years ago#1
DmC sold only 50,000 in february in the US on all platforms and is now considered a commercial failure. Technically it got outsold by Ni No Kuni which also sold 50,000 but only on PS3. The game is a flop beyond doubt and the pros who refuse to believe VGChartz can now have their NPD figures saying the same thing.

EDIT: Sorry for the earlier typo. My bad calling NPD figures global. Dont know how made that mistake even though I clearly know NPD are US figures.

http://www.gamechup.com/npd-dmc-devil-may-cry-bombs-badly-in-february-ni-no-kuni-sells-more/
2 years ago#2
Except the GAF post (from today) he refers to says: DmC 50k this month.

ITT: See why communications majors are laughed at in bars.
2 years ago#3
^ Did you read?
---
The Official Sons of Sparda of all GameFaqs boards.
I shall forever be sitting in Dante's chair. Till the day he returns to us.
2 years ago#4
QCTeamkill posted...

While I don't like TC's glee at the game failing as that is the height of pettiness...

DmC sold 189,000 PS3/360 combined in January. Now it sold under 50,000 PS3/360 combined. So it's sold under 240,000 in the US combined. Media Create has the game at about 170,000 in Japan. So combined, we can say DmC has under 410,000 confirmed sales after 2 months.

No matter how you look at it, DmC did not do well.
---
Currently going "squa squa squa!"
To the Devil May Cry franchise: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls0e5g1oWn1qjkv09o1_500.gif... at least for now.
2 years ago#5
QCTeamkill posted...

Dont be stupid. They are clearly talking about Februray NPD figures which got released this month! Look at the discussion thread title. There are no March NPD figures and the game cannot possibly sell 50,000 THIS MONTH when it only half has passed.
2 years ago#6
mahroflcopter posted...
QCTeamkill posted...

While I don't like TC's glee at the game failing as that is the height of pettiness...

DmC sold 189,000 PS3/360 combined in January. Now it sold under 50,000 PS3/360 combined. So it's sold under 240,000 in the US combined. Media Create has the game at about 170,000 in Japan. So combined, we can say DmC has under 410,000 confirmed sales after 2 months.

No matter how you look at it, DmC did not do well.

Pettiness? How? You calling something petty or pathetic does not makes it so. It is not like I like games flopping. The fate of the franchise depended upon this casualized game. If it succeeded then we could definitely say goodbye to DMC5. At least now we have a hope of getting a proper game. The fans spoke with their wallet and we told everyone that it will flop and it did. Now if we say that we were right all along then it is wrong?
2 years ago#7
AsimLeonheart posted...
QCTeamkill posted...

Dont be stupid. They are clearly talking about Februray NPD figures which got released this month! Look at the discussion thread title. There are no March NPD figures and the game cannot possibly sell 50,000 THIS MONTH when it only half has passed.

Source is a one-liner post in the middle of a 45+ page thread. I also read the first post which has no mention of DmC.

Even if the poster explicitely said February, I would harldly bet my kid's college fund (which is not much, and I might spend it on booze this weekend) on its reliability.
2 years ago#8
I wouldn't hold my breath for Devil May Cry 5. Remember this is Capcom we're talking about.

Though if given the choice between seeing the franchise bastardized any further and it's immediate death, I would choose death, and I'm confident anyone who truly loves it for what it was would say the same.
2 years ago#9
I kinda see it as petty more because this kind o topic is an extremely dead horse.

Anti:Oh hey you you remember when DmC flopped?
Pro: Yes because it's in the title of everyother topic and every 5 post of any topic.
---
"On and On the road does go, down into the depths below"
"Off you went to call the King, you wish to hear the Devil sing."
2 years ago#10
syctheweilder posted...
I wouldn't hold my breath for Devil May Cry 5. Remember this is Capcom we're talking about.

Though if given the choice between seeing the franchise bastardized any further and it's immediate death, I would choose death, and I'm confident anyone who truly loves it for what it was would say the same.

I agree but hope makes the world go around. I still wish we get a DMC5 and a conclusion to the story with official background for Nero. It is rumoured that he Vergil's son but a canon game that confirms that would be better. CAPCOM are pretty greedy and stupid so they are more likely to make another bad decision than releasing DMC5.
  1. Boards
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. DmC February NPD Sales Figures. The game is a commercial failure.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived